All-Star Crazy Cheer Parent Stories--spill 'em!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Retired gym owner here...crazy cheer mom who complained about everything...complained that her child's coach who was well over 21 should not have a facebook profile picture holding a beer...was in poor taste...reminded crazy cheer mom...she packed a margarita machine for travel trips...fight over :)
LMAO!!!!

Hey now! I am totally guilty of this with my DP until I catch myself doing it---I stay conscious about it enough with CP to not do it. I am visually minded and even though I was never really the best dancer so to speak, I was generally the best at picking up choreography or choreo changes so all I have to do is watch it once and I knew it. I've found as a mom, once I've seen the routine 2-3 times I know every part. Sadly, I could still mark out CP's entire first Tiny cheer routine.

*Hangs head*

So true!

Remind me, are you coming to World's this year?
I am guilty too! CP dances as well as cheers and I was like you. Not the best dancer on the floor, but always the one who knew the choreo. Since cheer routines basically do the same sections in the same order, I can see it a few times and know the choreo. I have to stop myself from marking and counting. I danced for 20 years and I do it without thinking.

I am guilty too! CP dances as well as cheers and I was like you. Not the best dancer on the floor, but always the one who knew the choreo. Since cheer routines basically do the same sections in the same order, I can see it a few times and know the choreo. I have to stop myself from marking and counting. I danced for 20 years and I do it without thinking.

Yes! Someone who understands the struggle. I was sitting near CP's coach when DP took the stage at NDTC and all I could think was, "OMG does he think I do this when his back is turned while CP performs." I was mortified!

Who is letting cheerleaders make these types of decisions? It perplexes me greatly when I hear people saying that the cheerleaders are telling other cheerleaders what to wear, where to stand, etc (captain or not.) Is this typical for captains?

Full-disclosure: I have not had captains in quite some time, and even when I did, they certainly did not have the authority to bench anyone.

I'm in the second year of a multi-year war to change this type of culture at the high school where I coach. Luckily next year's seniors are more submissive. I think (hope) (pray) that I am over the hump and on the downhill slide.

Of course the previous coach had really done a bang up job, drinking with the kids at nationals, getting tattoos with them after hours, etc.

Retired gym owner here...crazy cheer mom who complained about everything...complained that her child's coach who was well over 21 should not have a facebook profile picture holding a beer...was in poor taste...reminded crazy cheer mom...she packed a margarita machine for travel trips...fight over :)

Recently had a cheer mom, who works a second job as a bartender, complain to me that some of the parents were drinking while we were at nationals. I suggested she start mixing for them to offset her travel costs...

Let's meet in person and the snoozefest is definitely over. But there are stories I'll never share publicly to protect the kids. The cheer community is small over here and I don't want any kid reading up on these stories in a couple of years and being embarrassed for their parents.
I am completely with you! Parent section has "anonymous" feature to help protect.

OMG, y'all...one time there was this psycho cheer mom who spent close to $200 buying a cheer wig for her cp! What a wack-a-doodle!

Wait....(blushes) that's me. And even though I've been in this rodeo 7 years and feel like I've seen & done it all...the above makes me feel like I've crossed some sort of line. Like veering into the pageantesque-ness. Help me.

This was a long time ago but my parents were sat away from the rest of the team parents (due to having to buy tickets at the last minute) and ended up sitting with a load of "big gym" parents. They were really nice and took my parents in as inductees to their little cheer family. However these big gym parents were party animals and had basically brought a mini fridge's worth of booze to the competition and were handing some to my parents without even asking them if they wanted any. The cheer moms and dads weren't full on drunk but tipsy enough to have a wee sing song and basically create their own party in the seated area. It honestly shouldn't be funny but it was actually the highlight of the competition as they were the nicest bunch of cheer parents I have ever met.

In pyramid the bases start back to back and during practice I guess one base didn't like the other base touching her back so I had a parent yell to her daughter to elbow her in her back to make her move over. yeesh :confused:

This was a long time ago but my parents were sat away from the rest of the team parents (due to having to buy tickets at the last minute) and ended up sitting with a load of "big gym" parents. They were really nice and took my parents in as inductees to their little cheer family. However these big gym parents were party animals and had basically brought a mini fridge's worth of booze to the competition and were handing some to my parents without even asking them if they wanted any. The cheer moms and dads weren't full on drunk but tipsy enough to have a wee sing song and basically create their own party in the seated area. It honestly shouldn't be funny but it was actually the highlight of the competition as they were the nicest bunch of cheer parents I have ever met.

Sounds like my type of parents :shimmy:

@SL&AM unless someone from the board feels like paying for my trip there I will watch from home again :)

LMAO! They sound awesome!

I know parents who keep a spreadsheet of the skills that the girls on their CP's team have and when they get them. It gets updated over the years. I don't if I should be in awe of their archives or horrified.

Back