All-Star Crazy Cheer Parent Stories--spill 'em!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

OMG, y'all...one time there was this psycho cheer mom who spent close to $200 buying a cheer wig for her cp! What a wack-a-doodle!

Wait....(blushes) that's me. And even though I've been in this rodeo 7 years and feel like I've seen & done it all...the above makes me feel like I've crossed some sort of line. Like veering into the pageantesque-ness. Help me.
I bought a $150 track of 21" human hair for my CP [emoji20]

This was a long time ago but my parents were sat away from the rest of the team parents (due to having to buy tickets at the last minute) and ended up sitting with a load of "big gym" parents. They were really nice and took my parents in as inductees to their little cheer family. However these big gym parents were party animals and had basically brought a mini fridge's worth of booze to the competition and were handing some to my parents without even asking them if they wanted any. The cheer moms and dads weren't full on drunk but tipsy enough to have a wee sing song and basically create their own party in the seated area. It honestly shouldn't be funny but it was actually the highlight of the competition as they were the nicest bunch of cheer parents I have ever met.

Reminds me of a story at a dance comp in october early in the morning a little girl from my studio who is 7 took what she thought was squash from her mums bag only to spit it out as it was wine! It was funny but the mum wasnt that impressed as the girl spilt the wine over her

Mom complaining to the owner that Susie's team is looking so much worse than last year, what's going on???

Then someone explained to her that Susie is now on a level 1 team, last year she was on 2. She had no idea and at least was brave enough to admit all of this to a bunch of moms.

She is team mom which makes it slightly worse lol.

OMG, y'all...one time there was this psycho cheer mom who spent close to $200 buying a cheer wig for her cp! What a wack-a-doodle!

Wait....(blushes) that's me. And even though I've been in this rodeo 7 years and feel like I've seen & done it all...the above makes me feel like I've crossed some sort of line. Like veering into the pageantesque-ness. Help me.
I see your wig and raise you a pair of ridiculously priced cheer shoes. With the exchange rate the Infinity Titans came out to $170. I feel like an idiot too except hoping the design will help CP's ankles that tend to roll and hyper extend. If not, I just bought into the hype of a pair of shoes and feel like a knob! :confused: At least our kids will have overpriced shoes and fabulous hair! haha

Honestly, spending is all relative. What is crazy spending for one family isn't a big deal for another.

I think you cross into crazy territory when you have stopped paying your essential bills or started paying bills late so your kids can cheer. Or are racking up debt so your kids can cheer.

If you're late on gas/mortgage/etc. for cheer, you're nuts.

Or if you are that mom whose kid has a new sports bra for every day of the week, bows for every day of the week, but you can't be bothered to pay all star tuition/monthly fees/school cheer installments on time.

Ex: I should not have you on my "needs to pay and have to actually call her and ask why she hasn't" list in July or the "your kid is about to be dismissed if I don't get her camp payment" list when your student has the most extensive bow wardrobe on the team.

Last edited:
Honestly. I don't think you cross into crazy territory on spending until you have stopped paying your essential bills or started paying bills late so your kids can cheer.

If you're late on gas/mortgage/etc. for cheer, you're nuts.

Or if you are that mom whose kid has a new sports bra for every day of the week, bows for every day of the week, but you can't be bothered to pay tuition/monthly fees/school cheer installments on time.

Ex: I should not have you on my "needs to pay and have to actually call her and ask why she hasn't" list in July when your student has the most extensive bow wardrobe on the team.
Yikes! Feeling so much better now. lol

My crazy cheer mom confession is that I'm currently obsessed with collecting Nike Pro's. Especially the older/harder to find prints. Bidding wars on eBay, the whole nine yards.

Buying older Nike Pro's in a size adult M if anyone is selling!

No shame in my game lol.

My crazy cheer mom confession is that I'm currently obsessed with collecting Nike Pro's. Especially the older/harder to find prints. Bidding wars on eBay, the whole nine yards.

No shame in my game lol.

It's ridiculous how many I have bought for CP. And she can't even wear them to most practices :oops:

This was back many years, at a youth league (town cheer) competition. The gym cp went to would exhibit during breaks (her coaches were all judges there). Suzie's dad decided that Suzie was not getting enough individual attention that day so he took her out to the middle of the mat to one-man his wet noodle flyer of a cp.
WET NOODLE OF A FLYERRRRRRRRRR! PLEASE STOP I'M CRYING LMAO

No shame in my game lol.
Where are all your youth small and mediums? I need them haha

Back