All-Star Gabi's New Gym And Team Announcement 7/6/15

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

yes. Rode by the location the other day. All signage is gone, a couple of banners from the previous gym in the floor with trash and some folding chairs. phone number goes directly to generic VM.

I wonder if it closed because she decided it wasn't what she wanted to do (or that it wasn't the right time) or if there wasn't enough interest.

I never considered this... what is it like in other countries?

I truly have no idea how it is in other countries. The good news is the success rate in the US the second time around is much higher, the bad news is you're probably broke from the first time around. Our neighbor has a pretty successful business but, he had 4 fail. He said the zoning, high rent, ever changing local, state, and federal laws and high cost of acquiring new customers is hard on first time owners. He said he had planned on running in the "red" for two years (pretty standard) but, didn't expect the other things that kept blindsiding him. He said business 2,3, and 4 were actually doing great but, the area grew, they expanded the road and put in a concrete divider that prevented traffic from being able to turn left and it cut his business too quickly for him to survive. He said just about the time you start feeling a little confident in your abilities as a business person, there is something or someone ready to give you a reality check.

not sure why they give so many bids to small coed and small senior when there's team in other divisions that deserve them more... death copter fulls/doubles, and teams that can barely stunt L5 shouldn't have full paid bids.

not sure why they give so many bids to small coed and small senior when there's team in other divisions that deserve them more... death copter fulls/doubles, and teams that can barely stunt L5 shouldn't have full paid bids.
Supply and demand. There are far more small senior and small coed teams than any of the other divisions. I do wish they would be more equitable and give the International divisions more of an opportunity to get bids, but I don't see the small division getting more bids on average than the other senior divisions.
I have no problem with the number of bids given. I think for the past few years the truly tragic, scary teams are few and far between. The preliminary division was a great decision by USASF. You give teams who may not be as competitive the opportunity to compete and gain experience on an entirely separate day without interfering with the more competitive teams.

Supply and demand. There are far more small senior and small coed teams than any of the other divisions. I do wish they would be more equitable and give the International divisions more of an opportunity to get bids, but I don't see the small division getting more bids on average than the other senior divisions.
I have no problem with the number of bids given. I think for the past few years the truly tragic, scary teams are few and far between. The preliminary division was a great decision by USASF. You give teams who may not be as competitive the opportunity to compete and gain experience on an entirely separate day without interfering with the more competitive teams.

And you make more $$$$ with each team that pays to be there for the prestige of being there. At the end of the day it is a brilliant business decision.

Back