All-Star How Come There Is No Jr. World But Dance?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I spoke with an regional director, and she said that they still have two more years at Epcot, so its not really "too soon" to be thinking about that.
If you've spoken with the regional director about these things, why not just ask her about your insurance question or junior divisions? She will know the answers much better than anyone on a cheer board.

If you've spoken with the regional director about these things, why not just ask her about your insurance question or junior divisions? She will know the answers much better than anyone on a cheer board.
This is for my cousin. Not me. I came here to get a quicker response. I know not everyone on here are cheerleaders.

I didn't mean to make it SEEM like dance shouldn't be part of USASF. I meant to ACTUALLY say it shouldn't be part of USASF.

Has nothing to do with respecting dance. I also think dance shouldn't be governed by the NFL.
As a mom of a combo dancer and cheerleader, I totally agree with you. I don't think dance should be a part of USASF. I don't think that dance out of a cheer gym is, in general, a good idea. I don't think most places have the facilities or training necessary to do it properly. I have the same response to most tumbling taught at dance studios. Some studios, like the one CP is at, hire qualified instructors but most just let anyone that can throw a handspring teach it. Bad technique in dance can lead to injury just as quickly as bad technique in tumbling.

I only see local competitions, and I am sure that there are some amazing dance teams with qualified instructors out there, but the majority of what I see locally is BAD, BAD technique and shoddy teaching that is frankly, dangerous in some cases. You can tear tendons in your leg or ankle easily doing some of the things I see dance teams doing on cheer mats at cheer competitions.

How exactly is a distraction? Waste of time and stop spending money on it?

That's crazy. I'm not upset at all, but this is the perfect comment to point out as rude and dissing dance.

Yea u have it credit as being well respected, but you pretty much dissed it when you said it was a distraction and time and money should stop being on it.

I don't think there is any thing wasteful about USASF dance.

You're really making it SEEM like that you think dance all together shouldn't exists in the USASF community because it's not about cheerleading.
This post hurt my brain.

PSA:

Let's eat grandma.

Let's eat, grandma.

COMMAS SAVE LIVES!

(Just be grateful I didn't use the one with Uncle Jack and the horse...)

Back