All-Star How Come There Is No Jr. World But Dance?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Can a leopard change it's spots?
In the case of some posters, I would say no. Even when wise, veteran posters nicely try to help them.

ETA. I am not wise. or nice. So I'm done with this ridiculousness and equivalent certain poster to this: :dorito:

Worlds is the most prestigious in the allstar/usasf dance community. it might not be in the general competitive dance world.

Yes. This is true. She just keeps saying "the dance world" and "real dancers" - which is actually not allstars. That's not meant to be rude - just that when someone says "real dancer" I don't think of the hip hop team at my local allstar gym. Not that those kids can't be dancers too - they're just not what immediately comes to mind.

there's just no helping people sometimes. No matter how many times you try they will take everything you say as an insult or your mean or you're starting drama.

I WAS A DANCER. I'm shouting just so you all can see.

I danced from when I was about 3 to about 10/11, took some years off, then came back when I was a junior through my senior year in high school. I never heard of Allstar Dance. I never heard of Dance Worlds. And if I did, it'd be another nationals. Most of these studios that go seem to be either directly affiliated with a Cheer Gym or an NDA/UDA school of some kind (pom focused).

I didn't even compete 'nationally'- we were a smaller studio with a lot of lower-privileged people who couldn't afford the major competitions. We were pretty regional, but even still, you knew the big competitions. Like ADA. Dance Worlds was not one of them.

To answer your original question- You must also take into consideration the INTERNATIONAL component of Allstar cheer versus Allstar dance. Junior was an international division. There simply was not the international competition to the same degree as other divisions, no matter how you sliced it. Allstar dance has a higher draw at the junior level, so it made sense to keep it. Allstar cheer did not.

I'm curious as to what competition these dancers say IS the epitome of dance competitions? Assuming these are what I call "studio dancers" who dance on a sprung or marly floor and do a lot of ballet and lyrical - basically the type of dance competing that is shown on Dance Moms. My CP does this type of dance, and I can tell you it is an extremely fragmented and inconsistent competition system - there are a billion different competitions all w/ their own set of 3-5 different "nationals" and it's a crap shoot who else will be at any one of them on any given year. There is nothing that I know of that comes close to being the equivalent of what Worlds is to cheerleading. Nothing - but I'd be curious to hear what they say ;).

It is very rare that a studio dance team would ever attend a USASF dance type of competition - they probably all barely know that whole scene exists (I only know of it cause of cheer), and I'm sure that's why they really don't understand the significance of the Dance Worlds and would say something like that.

I'm curious as to what competition these dancers say IS the epitome of dance competitions? Assuming these are what I call "studio dancers" who dance on a sprung or marly floor and do a lot of ballet and lyrical - basically the type of dance competing that is shown on Dance Moms. My CP does this type of dance, and I can tell you it is an extremely fragmented and inconsistent competition system - there are a billion different competitions all w/ their own set of 3-5 different "nationals" and it's a crap shoot who else will be at any one of them on any given year. There is nothing that I know of that comes close to being the equivalent of what Worlds is to cheerleading. Nothing - but I'd be curious to hear what they say ;).

It is very rare that a studio dance team would ever attend a USASF dance type of competition - they probably all barely know that whole scene exists (I only know of it cause of cheer), and I'm sure that's why they really don't understand the significance of the Dance Worlds and would say something like that.
Oddly enough, studio competition dance (which I always thought was the allstar of dance, vs just doing dance and not competing) is very similar to cheer for lower levels- there is no one massive ending competition, and I don't think there ever will be. Now we're adding something like Summit, but still. There are definitely your major nationals (like your NCA/UCA/Cheersport for us), but no one all-encompassing ending.

I'm curious too. I thought cheer competitions were ridiculous until I started seeing dance. EVERYONE wins in dance - literally, everyone. Everyone gets gold... But can still be last place? Because it's "high gold" not "elite gold"? What? It's so confusing! I always think it's too much like pageants - Ultimate grand supreme, Grand supreme, supreme beauty, whatever. What ever happened to 1st, 2nd, 3rd?

I'm not sure what our girls would consider the pinnacle of dance. I'm sure they think the little rinky dink nationals we go to in Myrtle Beach is it. I'm thinking our staff would feel differently than the kids - I'm not sure.

Most of our girls compete because it's the only way to get ahead at our studio - being in the company. But the majority of them don't seem to care about the competitions - I think their idea of the ultimate "win" is getting in things, like the Nutcracker, Broadway shows, etc. I think for them the goal is not winning competitions, it's actually being professional paid dancers.

Not sure if they could name an ultimate competition. I agree - I don't think there really is one that is equivalent. Just smaller nationals.

Dance, in general, is pretty well respected.

But I just think it is a distraction for USASF and they should stop spending time and money on it.
How exactly is a distraction? Waste of time and stop spending money on it?

That's crazy. I'm not upset at all, but this is the perfect comment to point out as rude and dissing dance.

Yea u have it credit as being well respected, but you pretty much dissed it when you said it was a distraction and time and money should stop being on it.

I don't think there is any thing wasteful about USASF dance.

You're really making it SEEM like that you think dance all together shouldn't exists in the USASF community because it's not about cheerleading.

Back