OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I know your mom is super proud of you regardless. I agree with the post above - she was probably just caught off guard. So you take it again. I know you're disappointed but this is not the end of the world. Some of the smartest, most successful people I know had to retake classes in college, including some docors. Sometimes things just don't click the first time.
It's ok to be upset and disappointed, but after break you dust yourself off and get back on the horse.
I had many friends that struggled with orgo in nursing school. One of them took it at a local community college before taking it at her university. Seemed to work well for her. Maybe that's an option for some of your other classes? It beats the price of taking it twice at your university.

I hope I did this right, I've never tried replying to 2 people at once. Thank you both for your advice. I'll be using the break as a time to regroup and go over notes/re-read the chapters. I have a different professor next semester too, so hopefully that will help some as well. I talked to both of my parents again today, and they reassured me that they're still proud of everything that I've accomplished. I can't wait to see them tomorrow when I go home.

I also wanted to say that I am so grateful to have a place like Fierceboard. Even though I was never an allstar cheerleader, it's nice to see how kind and supportive everyone here is, even to those of us who never competed. I really appreciate it. :)

Just got out of my calculus final. I think it went well? It was really similar to the review and I spent about two days studying and learning how to do everything on the review so I'm pretty sure that I at least passed. I just feel uneasy about it.

Okay, back to studying because I have my accounting exam in an hour and I have an economics one tomorrow morning!
I always feel uneasy about math tests. It's like, if you think it's hard, then you're nervous, but if you think it was easy, you have to worry that you were doing everything wrong. Hate it. Good luck on your exams!

Only in So Cal would we have "Breaking News" to inform us a jury has reached a verdict on whether or not actor Ryan Oneil can keep an Andy Worhal portrait of Farrah Fawcett.

Or did this happen everywhere? Oh and yes, he can keep it, it's gonna be a Merry Christmas after all. :shimmy:

Yep, officially out of the routine... Anyone have advice on growing 4 inches overnight?

Sorry for late post but....No help on the magical growing serum lol but I don't think it's fair for you to be pulled from the routine. If your stunt can't build I would have you all do choreography, tumble, stand behind or nugget near the stunts before I ever pulled a team member from a routine. You have been training with the team thus far and should still be on the mat.

I may or may not be in the majority on this opinion but I feel that it was poor decision on the coaches behalf unless there was an absolute necessity to remove you and this is coming from a Head Coach myself.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Sorry for late post but....No help on the magical growing serum lol but I don't think it's fair for you to be pulled from the routine. If your stunt can't build I would have you all do choreography, tumble, stand behind or nugget near the stunts before I ever pulled a team member from a routine. You have been training with the team thus far and should still be on the mat.

I may or may not be in the majority on this opinion but I feel that it was poor decision on the coaches behalf unless there was an absolute necessity to remove you and this is coming from a Head Coach myself.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!
I probably should've added that this Michigan cheer, so we can only have 16 on the mat at once. I understand where my coach is coming from and respect that it is what is best for the team right now, however I wish she would've given me a chance to learn how to main base. She keeps implying that I'll be put back in once my main heals, which I'm praying won't take the full 8 weeks...

Taking my (southern) boyfriend into NYC when he comes to visit me (28th - 4th) but we're not going for new years. any suggestions on what we should do? I usually don't go into the city without something to do lol - doctor's appointment, family visits etc

Can anyone give me the link to the big Champions League thread? I found the one discussing the teams, but thought there was another long one and I can't find it anywhere. Search bar didn't work very well.

Taking my (southern) boyfriend into NYC when he comes to visit me (28th - 4th) but we're not going for new years. any suggestions on what we should do? I usually don't go into the city without something to do lol - doctor's appointment, family visits etc
besides the obvious touristy stuff like the tree...Not sure if you can still get tickets to the Christmas Spectacular at Radio City...but what about dinner ect?

has he ever been? you could go 100% tourist and do the empire state building, the tree at Rockefeller center, times square, horse carriage ride through central park, walk through FAO Schwarz just for fun, ice skating (i always prefer bryant park to Central park or RC) any of the art museums, central park zoo, a broadway show, frozen hot chocolate at serendipity

i know you are in college, so the budget may not be super high, so a show might be out of the question. the metropolitan museum has a recommended rate, but you can pay whatever you want since it's a donation.

and tagging @kristenthegreat for some ideas

I always feel uneasy about math tests. It's like, if you think it's hard, then you're nervous, but if you think it was easy, you have to worry that you were doing everything wrong. Hate it. Good luck on your exams!
Yepp!!! Throughout the whole time I was like what am I doing wrong. But I think I did okay. And thanks!! Accounting was a bit rough, but hopefully my grade won't be too affected.

Yepp!!! Throughout the whole time I was like what am I doing wrong. But I think I did okay. And thanks!! Accounting was a bit rough, but hopefully my grade won't be too affected.
That's how my calc final was too - and it was multiple choice so it's extra nerve wracking because there's no partial credit! Lol

That's how my calc final was too - and it was multiple choice so it's extra nerve wracking because there's no partial credit! Lol
So was mine!! Multiple choice math tests are the worst. I like being able to see the answers, but I wish I could at least get some partial credit if I get it wrong, haha.

Back