OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
i have no words for taylor swifts new video. the song is catchy but completely horrible at the same time and the video is so bad but her dance moves make it so enjoyable. i am at a loss for words right now.
I'm a major Tswift fan and I want to hate the song but I just can't lol and the music video is so awkward lol

i have no words for taylor swifts new video. the song is catchy but completely horrible at the same time and the video is so bad but her dance moves make it so enjoyable. i am at a loss for words right now.

do we know who those cheerleaders are? they all have jump to back but i didn't recognize any of them. wonder if it's a cheer gym or just random mix of cheer/dance/gym?

do we know who those cheerleaders are? they all have jump to back but i didn't recognize any of them. wonder if it's a cheer gym or just random mix of cheer/dance/gym?
So glad I wasn't the only one to look for familiar faces! Ricky from SYTYCD/Brandon is in the contemporary part. I hate how much I love the song. I know it's going to be everywhere for the next few months, but it's not stopping me from listening to it on repeat for now.

I love the new Taylor Swift song and video. The entire thing is her making fun of herself. "I go on too many dates, but I can't make them stay." And the entire video is her dancing. I mean come on, we all know she isn't a good dancer. This is amazing

One guy at my school got nominated and he made a video saying that instead of dumping ice water on his head, he'll just donate $100 to the cause.
Nobody in my town is that intelligent, it would seem. And I think it's stupid to pour ice water on yourself, but I've seen stupider. Dump water on yourself all you want, just don't act like you're doing it to support a cause you either know nothing about or don't plan on helping.

I love the new Taylor Swift song and video. The entire thing is her making fun of herself. "I go on too many dates, but I can't make them stay." And the entire video is her dancing. I mean come on, we all know she isn't a good dancer. This is amazing
Sorry for the double post, but I love Taylor. I think she's made the transition into an adult artist so gracefully. And I like what she stands for: who cares what people think: do what makes you happy. Her dancing (and her cat sweater :cloudnine: ) made me so happy! Yeah a lot of her songs are about relationships, but I've noticed almost everyone that hates doesn't have as many Grammys as her sooo...

Sorry for the double post, but I love Taylor. I think she's made the transition into an adult artist so gracefully. And I like what she stands for: who cares what people think: do what makes you happy. Her dancing (and her cat sweater :cloudnine: ) made me so happy! Yeah a lot of her songs are about relationships, but I've noticed almost everyone that hates doesn't have as many Grammys as her sooo...
Agreed. For whatever reason, I didn't like Red as much as her other albums (I'll always have a special place in my heart for Fearless) but I feel like I'm going to like this album a lot

Agreed. For whatever reason, I didn't like Red as much as her other albums (I'll always have a special place in my heart for Fearless) but I feel like I'm going to like this album a lot
I honestly felt the same way. I guess because I was so young when they had come out (pretty sure Fearless was the first album I bought on my first iPod *smiles and wipes tear*). Either way, yeah, I'm looking forward to this new one too! :D

Nobody in my town is that intelligent, it would seem. And I think it's stupid to pour ice water on yourself, but I've seen stupider. Dump water on yourself all you want, just don't act like you're doing it to support a cause you either know nothing about or don't plan on helping.

I think it's fun to see celebrities do it and donate the money (the "and" part is important) but the people I've seen do it who aren't celebrities are kids/teens who don't even have money to donate. So to them it's just a popularity contest and another way to get attention on social media. They don't even know what ALS is. I think that's where it kinda loses it's meaning. I've only seen one non-celebrity person actually donate money ( I believe it was @Level5Mom 's amazing daughter). If the older generations were targeted/nominated, I feel like there would be a little more being donated.

Regardless though of who's donating and whose not, the NY Times reported that since July 29th, over $13 million has been donated, which is awesome when you compare it to their last years figures at this time, $1.7 million. I think that's pretty cool.

Side note - I'm a total tech nerd and I took a couple classes before I graduated about social media and it's influence on our society. It's so awesome to see things like this happen. Social media is such a fantastic tool for EVERYTHING and it's always evolving and changing our life. It's really neat to study how marketers interact with the general public/targeted audience and vice versa. It's created such a cool relationship between both sides. This is a great example of the good social media can do. I hope it opens new doors for other organizations too.

Back