OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Oh my lord... People under 30...what on earth is your deal with calling in to work? GO. TO. WORK.

I don't get it. These people will call in over anything. A flood in your apartment 2 weeks ago? Ripped your contact lens? And then really - you're going to act all affronted when I say you need to be at work?

Aside from that, every single time you don't feel 100%perfect, you don't actually need to call in to work.

Uuuuuuggghhh! OK, just had to get that out, so that now I can go word it more professionally.

Oh my lord... People under 30...what on earth is your deal with calling in to work? GO. TO. WORK.

I don't get it. These people will call in over anything. A flood in your apartment 2 weeks ago? Ripped your contact lens? And then really - you're going to act all affronted when I say you need to be at work?

Aside from that, every single time you don't feel 100%perfect, you don't actually need to call in to work.

Uuuuuuggghhh! OK, just had to get that out, so that now I can go word it more professionally.

I agree!! I've never called into work before. I would feel too bad breaking my commitment.

When people call into work it gets soooo hectic and I would wish that on no one lol

Yesssss. This is one of my biggest pet peeves! Sometimes (most times) I really don't like my generation. I had a summer job where we packed and prepped science kits for elementary school teachers for the upcoming school year. Usually we have 10 student aides working at a time and one day only me and one other girl showed up.... Two took the day off to go to their grandmas funeral which is excusable but the other six just decided they didn't want to come in. We couldn't do anything that day because we were so short staffed. I get that it's one of the worst jobs ever and it's full time and we're all pretty young (16-21 years old) but still.

At school when I worked at our Technology help desk, it always bothered me when people pull the "oh I don't feel good I can't come in" thing but we all know you're just hungover, you're not fooling anyone. Your job is to sit at a desk and answer a phone/help walk ins for an hour. You can do it sweetheart.

Are you going to bring a huge sign that says "It's My Birthday!!!"? :)
They put on a great show and my cp loves 5SOS as well so she had a fantastic time. 19 songs + 4 encores, btw for 1D.

CP is getting tickets for the Charlotte show for her birthday so this is great news!!

I'm under 30....I only call in to work when I have a stomach virus. Because......

I also wouldn't call out for anything I couldn't use sick leave for....flood be damned. (Which actually did happen last winter when my neighbors pipe burst....I left the key for repairs and went on to work)

I can officially say I'm an athlete again! I'm on conditional for UNF cheer meaning I have to get my standing backhandspring not so scary looking and a roundoff three backhandsprings by the end of September. They really want me on the team because I'm so small and am the size flyer they want. We tried on uniforms yesterday and they gave me the smallest one that they had :p Sometimes being the size of a 12 year old works

I move into my apartment on Saturday, I am struggling to pack my room (why is this so hard) and I still don't have my roommates. :) This week is super stressful to say the least. Thank god my last day at work was friday and i didn't decide to work til the 20th like i was going to! I would have no time!

So many people at my job don't even call in. They just don't show up.
No call, no show, no job. At least, that's always been the rule at everywhere I've ever worked. (without a VALID excuse, of course)

I've been doing pretty well I think. I was a habitual class skipper in college and I've only called in once since starting my big girl job in February. I'm the youngest here and have missed the least amount of work. I didn't take my first PTO until last week.

It's the same generation who do not understand why they are not making $100,000+ the second they graduate from college. Self-entitled grown babies.

Hey I'm sure I've read something about this elsewhere on this forum but I can't trace the post!

Isn't there a rule about competing at competitions that are labelled as 'world championships' and ineligibility to compete at another?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

THIS. So many people I go to school with think thatll theyll find their dream job right out of school and be making great money. Im just hoping for a job when I graduate in two years that will enable me to pay off student loans while im most likely living at home.
There is definitely a decreased level of reality for that age group. I'm not sure if it is their parents who caused it, or the schools/sports leveling the playing field and giving everyone an award/trophy, but it really does amaze me sometimes. You, however, seem like you know the real deal!

Back