OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
its Hatch Green Chile. Hatch is a town that grows it or the authentic NM Chile. This time of the year everyone is selling fresh green Chile and roasting them on site. Yummy there's nothing like it. You may get some frozen one from Bueno. Idk if you can get it in NY. Any nm/Mexican restaurant will as a very important questions-Red or Green? Which is red chile(dried green Chile) or green(fresh) Chile.

ETA: idk if Bueno has web site, but coming to NM is a better way to taste it. And New Mexicans don't put tomato sauce in their chile. Its just Chile.
Haha this is literally word for word how my boyfriend explained NM cuisine to me. Not Mexican at all. He grew up right outside of ABQ and our green chile stockpile probably takes up 25% of our kitchen space. I'm perfectly fine with it!

Haha this is literally word for word how my boyfriend explained NM cuisine to me. Not Mexican at all. He grew up right outside of ABQ and our green chile stockpile probably takes up 25% of our kitchen space. I'm perfectly fine with it!
lol yes pretty much how all NM are when it comes to our Chile. And explaining why no tomato sauce should be any where near Chile. Yes better stock up now or you'll have no Chile fresh or to dry later.

Eta: its a small world that I would find another nm Chile fan on FB.

As much as I love discussions about food, I have to change the topic.
Fall Out Boy released a new single and I love it. Oh my god.
Cp was so happy last night and kept playing it over and over. I'm old; I loved Tom's Diner (the Suzanne Vega song it samples).

Nope. California girl, born and raised! But surprisingly, a lot of people think I'm British. Like people have legitimately come up to me and asked if I'm from England and say that I speak with a British accent (I don't). And it's happened more than once.
I was born in Washington, moved to PA at the age of 4 and then at the age of 15 to NC. People always ask me if I am British, and I am not. I have never been on a plane let alone to another country.

Maybe in a different life you were a British citizen. I'm still laughing at myself for thinking you were from England. I was really confused thinking England had Chipotle haha.

I haven't heard of that but I will keep my eyes open now and see if we have any places like that here. I'm intrigued, it sound delicious.

I swear I was born by the wrong border. Sorry canada. Your maple syrup is good and all but I don't understand your Canadian bacon (it's just ham!?!) and your poutine has started to infiltrate our country! :p
We do have Chipotle here :) although everyone is really conflicted about whether it should be pronounced "chip-ot-lay" or "chip-ot-uhl"!

I love chipotle, but probably only because I rarely have it! There are 2 in town but they're both like 30 minutes from my house.... Although I'm guilty of making a super fast lunch run from school to downtown for chipotle once.

its Hatch Green Chile. Hatch is a town that grows it or the authentic NM Chile. This time of the year everyone is selling fresh green Chile and roasting them on site. Yummy there's nothing like it. You may get some frozen one from Bueno. Idk if you can get it in NY. Any nm/Mexican restaurant will as a very important questions-Red or Green? Which is red chile(dried green Chile) or green(fresh) Chile.

ETA: idk if Bueno has web site, but coming to NM is a better way to taste it. And New Mexicans don't put tomato sauce in their chile. Its just Chile.

I so miss living in NM and the roadside chile stands!!!! I'm lucky, though, that my grocery store finally started carrying the frozen Bueno chiles....so much better than the canned crap with no flavor lol. Now if they could only start carrying the Bueno frozen posole, my life would be complete :) Canned hominy just doesn't cut it.

Back