OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
The show is doing a wonderful job of following the book. There are some deviations of course but they are just a means to an end, and most of the time work visually to enhance the plot rather than detract from it. Ronald Moore took the fan base of 20+ years for this book verra seriously ;) and between him and Diana Gabaldon's input, have created something worthy of the novel to give the readers. (Can you tell this is my favorite series of books?) I honestly have only 2 complaints so far overall, and since they are from the first episode I have been able to get past them.

Just finished the first episode. So, so, good. I'm glad they took the time and effort to do it right instead of just taking the easy way out. The series has a new fan in me. What were some of your complaints from the first episode?

Having one of the hardest nights I've had in a while, I guess it's just God's plan to bring me down before bringing me up again. :(

Just finished the first episode. So, so, good. I'm glad they took the time and effort to do it right instead of just taking the easy way out. The series has a new fan in me. What were some of your complaints from the first episode?
The first one is stupid - it bothered me that the actress who plays Claire has blue eyes. They spent so much time in the books describing her eye color that it just did not seem right that they couldn't put some whiskey/sherry colored lenses on her. I'm very over that though - I think Catriona Balfe (I think that is the correct spelling of her name) is a fabulous Claire. The other was that lovely little scene between her and Frank in the ruins of Castle Leoch....that was supposed to have been something that was a first for her and Jamie. I know they were really trying to paint a strong picture of initmacy for her and Frank but really, there was no need to take it there in my humble opinion. Six episodes into the season though I cannot get over how episode after episode they have done such an amazing job of capturing the whole tone of the book.

Anyone else watch Rules of Engagement? I recently started it on Netflix and it's actually pretty good!

Anyone else watch Rules of Engagement? I recently started it on Netflix and it's actually pretty good!
I do. I like watching that show. I also like Yes, Dear. That one is good too. I don't know if its on Netflix but try Chrisley Knows Best. Its reality show but so good and super funny.

It's almost 5am and here I am still doing homework for my noon class.. what is life.

I also haven't been on here in a while because of going back to college and such, so suuuup ya'll. :D

Having one of the hardest nights I've had in a while, I guess it's just God's plan to bring me down before bringing me up again. :(
Hope today is a better day. Here are a couple more quotes
"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." -Nelson Mandela

"You don't have to have it all figured out to move forward."

The exam was about politics...I had to translate some words about slovenian politic and stuff like that which is pretty hard but I failed it by 2 points out of 100 which makes me so mad. And I have to pass at least 8 exams (out of 10) so I can go to sophomore year. I failed 3 (two plus english) so I cant go to university next year. I have to stay at home, pass those 3 exams and wait until another student year which sucks just because of those 2 stupid points at english exam.

I'm kind of in the same position. Had to pass 5 out of 6 exams and only passed 4. Now I'm not allowed to go to school for one year and in total existential crisis. I literally have no idea what to do.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I put in my two weeks notice at my job. I'm just so done with this place. I'm bummed because I was so excited to start and now i don't even want to finish the two weeks.

I also got an offer from my old job (which has a little bit of nepotism going on but whatever) for full time and a full dollar raise. I'm really happy to be going back to work here. I visit 2-3 times a week anyways. So things are looking up, God is watching out for me!

The athletic trainer at my HS is battling cancer, and it's literally so hard for me to deal with. Even though I'm in school, I saw her before I left and she had already shaved her head. I love her so much, she was not only the trainer, but she was my teacher freshman year in PE and dubbed my class her favorite. We all love her, I used to hang out in her office before practices and games. She is also an alum of our school. She doesn't want people to feel sorry for her, but I really want to do something to show her that she is loved and cared for. Any ideas?

Back