OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I think her entire last album was incredible (despite the fact that I don't think she has a pretty singing voice)

However I'm done with her and will not be going to mileycyrusand her dead petz.com or whatever it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

all the songs are here if you wanted to listen without the dead petz Miley Cyrus | Free Listening on SoundCloud

it sounds almost lana del ray-ish... like she's just quietly speaking and barely singing. odd. does soundcloud pay you per listens? or does she really just not give a f@#$ anymore and is making no money?

What type of menu is it? I opened our Olive Garden, maybe I could help!
so now that ive written all these note cards, im realizing that the descriptions are a little different then the actual ingredients. which one do you think i should be learning/memorizing more the description or the ingredient list. Or do they test you on both. in total its 76 items on the menu, so its starting to become unrealistic that im gonna remember EVERYTHING....im starting to become worried, i mean are these things usually a pass/fail thing, oh well you couldnt remember our menu in a week and half, so bye. ughhh :banghead:

Last edited:
so now that ive written all these note cards, im realizing that the descriptions are a little different then the actual ingredients. which one do you think i should be learning/memorizing more the description or the ingredient list. Or do they test you on both. in total its 76 items on the menu, so its starting to become unrealistic that im gonna remember EVERYTHING....im starting to become worried, i mean are these things usually a pass/fail thing, oh well you couldnt remember our menu in a week and half, so bye. ughhh :banghead:

I've opened about 8 restaurants, as management and FOH staff. And one as "wife of chef/owner". [emoji1] Don't know if that counts... But it felt like it, because I worked more there than any job I ever had!

They will test you on both, but especially ingredients. If you're BOH it'll be ingredients galore.

To memorize: I make up sentences (usually inappropriate lol) using the first letter of each ingredient. I've never failed a menu test in 20+ years in restaurants. Usually they want you to know about 80% to pass. But I've not seen people be let go for it - you just have to retake it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

This probably won't help but in college I worked at IHOP and I had to take a menu test and I made acronyms (? Or is it called something else) for everything on the menu

Like if the ham and cheese omelet had
Ham, cheese, onion, bacon,

I'd just memorize H. O. C. B.

and then fill in the real ingredient later

I made a 100. I got a button. Manager said he'd never seen anyone get a 100 before

(To be fair all of my coworkers were also a special kind of stupid)

Most people if they have a ? About something is what ingredients are being used. I would think that is more important with all the allergies out there now.

So I got offered the job at American Eagle the day I had my first interview, and then came back a few days later for orientation (really just watching company videos) and then was put to work on saturday and sunday. Today I had my follow up interview at DSW, and the hiring manager told me how much he liked me and offered me the job on the spot. I'm not sure what to do. And I know it won't be possible for me to work at both jobs, because I still am taking classes.

DSW closer to my apartment, higher pay, probably more hours, and seem to be very flexible scheduling wise, and seems like coworkers work very cohesively together.

AE farther away, lower pay, not really sure about hours yet, and coworkers are already cliquey. Manager cares more about making money than employees/customers.

I know the obvious choice is to work at DSW, but I just feel bad since I've already worked a few days at AE, but I haven't even been really trained yet and I just wouldn't know how to approach my manager about it.

Any help would be much appreciated, and sorry for the long rant.

So I got offered the job at American Eagle the day I had my first interview, and then came back a few days later for orientation (really just watching company videos) and then was put to work on saturday and sunday. Today I had my follow up interview at DSW, and the hiring manager told me how much he liked me and offered me the job on the spot. I'm not sure what to do. And I know it won't be possible for me to work at both jobs, because I still am taking classes.

DSW closer to my apartment, higher pay, probably more hours, and seem to be very flexible scheduling wise, and seems like coworkers work very cohesively together.

AE farther away, lower pay, not really sure about hours yet, and coworkers are already cliquey. Manager cares more about making money than employees/customers.

I know the obvious choice is to work at DSW, but I just feel bad since I've already worked a few days at AE, but I haven't even been really trained yet and I just wouldn't know how to approach my manager about it.

Thank them for the opportunity and then let them know you were offered something better somewhere else and can no longer work there. I would do it in person. Go in the next day you aren't working and let them know.

As harsh as this sounds, your manager probably won't care about you leaving based on what you said. But it's important to leave in a professional manner.

DSW sounds great though, good luck!

I worked 2 days at Burlington Coat Factory when I was in college. I was offered a job closer to campus. I thanked them for the opportunity and made arrangements to get my check.

It's good that you're so considerate and that quality will come in handy when your older and searching for more professional jobs, but I'm sure AE isn't at a loss for applicants or staff and they will be able to fill your position quickly.

@cheerbear, congratulations on all the new opportunities. I hate to throw some cold water on this happiness and it appears you are leaning toward the DSW job-2nd offer. Before letting AE job go, make sure you signed all contract and procured a starting date with DSW. I hate to read that you let a sure job go (AE) on a promise of a job now. (Dsw)...
Caution:
I had a good friend who started a job, and was offered a better job and turn out, she prematurely quit the 1st job and the second job fell through and she was left with no job and she could not apply for unemployment benefits, since she quit the 1st job...So make sure you sign off on all paperwork with the 2nd job...

Thank them for the opportunity and then let them know you were offered something better somewhere else and can no longer work there. I would do it in person. Go in the next day you aren't working and let them know.

As harsh as this sounds, your manager probably won't care about you leaving based on what you said. But it's important to leave in a professional manner.

DSW sounds great though, good luck!

Thank you for your input, that is the route I am leaning towards, so hopefully all goes well!

I worked 2 days at Burlington Coat Factory when I was in college. I was offered a job closer to campus. I thanked them for the opportunity and made arrangements to get my check.

It's good that you're so considerate and that quality will come in handy when your older and searching for more professional jobs, but I'm sure AE isn't at a loss for applicants or staff and they will be able to fill your position quickly.

Thanks for the input! I'm sure they will quickly find someone else, too, since they hired me so quickly.

@cheerbear, congratulations on all the new opportunities. I hate to throw some cold water on this happiness and it appears you are leaning toward the DSW job-2nd offer. Before letting AE job go, make sure you signed all contract and procured a starting date with DSW. I hate to read that you let a sure job go (AE) on a promise of a job now. (Dsw)...
Caution:
I had a good friend who started a job, and was offered a better job and turn out, she prematurely quit the 1st job and the second job fell through and she was left with no job and she could not apply for unemployment benefits, since she quit the 1st job...So make sure you sign off on all paperwork with the 2nd job...

That is a very good point, thank you! I will definitely make sure everything is squared away at DSW before officially doing anything with AE.

Again, really appreciate all input from everyone!

kanye west is like a train wreck that you cant help but watch. like i dont get that man, he says he hates awards shows but constantly still goes to them. and then if he loses he crys about losing, but if he wins he crys about winning. Can someone please put that man on some Meds.
I just hope that North grows up well-adjusted... both of her parents are desperate for attention.

My mom always tells me that you have to look out for yourself because no one else will. It may be an awkward situation, but you don't owe AE anything. Do what's best for you!

Back