All-Star Rude Encounters

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The biggest issue I can recall as a coach was at WSA Grand Nationals day 2 this past season. My J2 was up and WE thought it was their team. We told them as we were trying to get up front but they just kind of stared at us. Even as our team was announced and came onstage they wouldn't yield (the Generals were up next so of course they weren't giving up their prime spots in front). I waited a while so our people could get in place and I even told the girls onstage to just relax while I made sure their parents were in front.
After a minute or so and it was obvious they weren't giving up their spots I told the bunch of girls in front that as long as they cheered on my girls as loudly as possible that I'd be ok with them staying right there (yea they weren't moving anyway so hokay,"deal"). They clapped and helped us cheer them on. And my team was phenomenal so we were happy. But I heard NO end of it from the parents that had to stand behind all of the WE crowd.

They weren't rude people. They just wouldn't yield to the team onstage which is rude behavior in priority seating. I still like the gym and their teams are fun to watch.

I am not pre judging anyone what so ever I was just curious in hearing some stories about rude encounters with big gyms that is all. I understand that anyone and everyone can be rude at times. Like I just mentioned I just wanted to hear more stories.

Why would you like to hear stories about Suzie saying to Sally that her team is bad and her uniform is ugly?
If you want to read some drama read a book or watch some dance moms. Abby is crazy.

I've been traveling all summer working clinics at all different sizes of gyms. I've noticed as a whole kids are punks these days. Idk if it's social media where they can hide behind a screen or if parents are just blind. I've noticed and spoken to every single gym (just looking back I'm noticing conversations) about situations of kids/families that are rude. It has NOTHING to do with gym size. Most gyms I know of don't tolerate it at all. I ask that everyone sit back, take a deep breath and realize that all gyms have many kids and parents to organize. Managing the hrs in the gym is one thing but once those kids are away it's hard to control. With ALL that being said there are two sides to every story and usually the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Never had a poor experience, and CP recently walked into a gym wearing a completely different team shirt, just to do an open gym with a well known gym in my home state of FL and everyone was more than welcoming from the Tiny/Mini girl's her age to girls on their World's team stunting with her because she asked.

Why would you like to hear stories about Suzie saying to Sally that her team is bad and her uniform is ugly?
If you want to read some drama read a book or watch some dance moms. Abby is crazy.
Because I am just curious in seeing if anyone has had the same sort of encounters that I have had.

Okay, had to check because in your op and title it mentions big gyms.
At first I was more interested in seeing if anyone had the same rude big gym encounters that I have had, then realizing that most people (including myself) come from small gym's hearing any rude encounter stories would most likely be with other small gyms.

Let me tell you about some positives, just to, you know, mix it up a bit.

I have helped a girl from another gym get coffee out of her WHITE uniform that had just been spilled on her and she still had to go on. She was in a panic in the bathroom and I helped get the stain out enough that you couldn't really see it.

I have seen parents from my gym help other cheerleaders get autographs/pic with kids from Smoed.

I have given up seats to other gyms. Every. Single. Comp. (at least the ones where I've been lucky enough to actually sit down for a few minutes)

I have, and have also seen parents from our gym, help other parents/fans get into the VIP area to watch the team that's next, if we are milling about waiting for our team.

I could go on but you get my point. So who else has done something nice for another gym? Seen someone do something nice for another gym?

Come on, I want rainbows and dolphins, people! :D

We had an athlete leave her cheer sneakers at home the morning of a competition. We were 2 hours from home, and she was already at the comp. I approached one of the producers of the competition, and told them my situation. I then said "Do you think I can ask any of the other owners or coaches if one of my girls can borrow a pair of sneakers?" This competition was kinda tiny so there wasn't any venders selling sneakers. The producer looked at the lineup- and asked the owner of a big name gym in our area knowing he has the most kids at the competition. He didn't even bat an eye. He called over a bunch of girls who where about the same age as my girl and told them to take off their shoes. He had her try on a number of different pairs until she found one that fit, and handed them over the second their team came off the floor. It was wonderful! I hope I have an opportunity to help out another program at a competition!

Back