All-Star #smoedisback Atv

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Random but how do you say Camarillo? I've always thought cam-a-reel-o but today I heard cam-a-ri-yo and it made sense given that it's a Spanish word. Just never thought about it but now I think I must sound silly if I've been saying it wrong all this time!

I also tried pronouncing La Jolla as la-jalla instead of la-hoya when I first went there so I'm sure people just ignore me and keep their comments to their self!

Random but how do you say Camarillo? I've always thought cam-a-reel-o but today I heard cam-a-ri-yo and it made sense given that it's a Spanish word. Just never thought about it but now I think I must sound silly if I've been saying it wrong all this time!

I also tried pronouncing La Jolla as la-jalla instead of la-hoya when I first went there so I'm sure people just ignore me and keep their comments to their self!
I believe it's Cam-a-ree-O! :)

Cam-a-ree-yo. But some say ree-o.

The Ls are pronounced the Spanish way. Not like Amarillo. ;)

It took me a full year to be able to pronounce Skaneateles. NY has some hard ones lol
I blame the Native Americans and their tricky words[emoji14]When I try to spell it I have to say "Scan-E-A-teles" in my head... even if that's not how you pronounce it. I still dont know how to say a handful of places. Or spell them correctly :oops: Don't even ask me about Long Island names because NOPE!

MA has some head scratchers too.

I blame the Native Americans and their tricky words[emoji14]When I try to spell it I have to say "Scan-E-A-teles" in my head... even if that's not how you pronounce it. I still dont know how to say a handful of places. Or spell them correctly :oops: Don't even ask me about Long Island names because NOPE!

MA has some head scratchers too.

When my mom and I drove up for the first time you should have heard us try to pronounce all the names on the signs we passed :oops: She pronounced it something like Sca-needle-lays. Nonetheless, it took me a long time to figure out what towns people were talking about in conversation because how they were saying them was not what I imagined. Now I have to learn Long Island. Such a learning experience :p

Back