All-Star 2011-13 Usasf Cheer Rules

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Ok let me preface my comment by saying that I'm just a cheer mom :cheering: I don't claim to know what you guys are talking about most of the time but wouldn't it be a great idea if someone were to make a visual rules app? Like clips of what the rules mean? I know that one could never fully cover all interpretations but I would think it would be helpful if only to see what is illegal under the new rules. . . I would certainly buy it and I'll bet there are more than a few others who would too. . .

Ok let me preface my comment by saying that I'm just a cheer mom :cheering: I don't claim to know what you guys are talking about most of the time but wouldn't it be a great idea if someone were to make a visual rules app? Like clips of what the rules mean? I know that one could never fully cover all interpretations but I would think it would be helpful if only to see what is illegal under the new rules. . . I would certainly buy it and I'll bet there are more than a few others who would too. . .

The issue with app's on apple is they have to be approved before they are updated (if hard coded with values). With how much the rules can change its better to have a mobile website version. hence: http://rules.fierceboard.com

And you can ask what they mean in Is This Legal forum.

The issue with app's on apple is they have to be approved before they are updated (if hard coded with values). With how much the rules can change its better to have a mobile website version. hence: http://rules.fierceboard.com

And you can ask what they mean in Is This Legal forum.

Do you know the rule for releasing an athlete? I heard that now if they are on a Worlds team and registered with a gym, they have to be released even if they have not competed yet this year? Can you confirm this King?

Do you know the rule for releasing an athlete? I heard that now if they are on a Worlds team and registered with a gym, they have to be released even if they have not competed yet this year? Can you confirm this King?

I cannot confirm, but from what I know its the same as last year. @ACEDAD?

Pretty sure that the rule only applies when you have competed with a team.

2013-2015 CHEER Rules Process
Get Involved!
We want to take this time to remind our members that we are in the midst of our bi-annual cheer rules cycle. This past summer we listened to coaches and event producers alike, as they participated in the information gathering phase of this process. At the annual NACCC coaches retreat, the regional meetings and the tier meetings, members were provided an open forum to discuss ideas and brain storm possible changes for the 2013-2015 rules.

It is time to
formally propose any changes you would like to see made in our current rules, age grid and rules related policies.

Go to usasfrules.com to learn more about the process and obtain the Rules and Policy Change Form.
The deadline for submitting this form is May 1, 2012.

The proposed changes will be presented at the NACCC's Annual Coaches' Retreat scheduled for May 29-31 in Miami, FL at the Doral Resort. Discussions will continue at the six USASF Regional Meetings this summer. For more information on the NACCC Coaches' Retreat or the USASF Regional Meetings click this link.

Any and all questions should be directed to:
Les Stella, USASF Executive Director of Rules.

[email protected]
(901) 849-0578

Pretty sure that the rule only applies when you have competed with a team.

The correct information can be found here - USASF.NET

Please read the the FULL Release Waiver
http://usasf.net.ismmedia.com/ISM2//Worlds/USASF_RELEASE_WAIVER_2012.pdf

USASF GYM RELEASE WAIVER 2012
Eligible Athletes, Substitutions and Alternates
UPDATED: All athletes participating on a team at The 2012 Worlds, must be a registered member of that team’s gym during the 2011 – 2012 competition season. Any athlete that has competed on the floor with a team in any level from a gym (Primary Gym), during the Worlds competition season (November 1, 2011 – May 1, 2012), will have to have a USASF Gym Release Waiver signed by the owner of that gym (Primary Gym) before that athlete is eligible to compete with another gym (Secondary Gym) at the 2012 Cheerleading Worlds. The USASF Gym Release Waiver is located on the USASF.NET website.

UPDATED - GYM RELEASE WAIVER:
Any athlete that has competed on the floor with a team in any level from a gym (Primary Gym), during the Worlds competition season (November 1, 2011 – May 1, 2012), will have to have a USASF Gym Release Waiver signed by the owner of that gym (Primary Gym) before that athlete is eligible to compete with another gym (Secondary Gym) at the 2012 Cheerleading Worlds. The USASF Gym Release Waiver is located on the USASF.NET website.

2013-2015 CHEER Rules Process
Get Involved!
We want to take this time to remind our members that we are in the midst of our bi-annual cheer rules cycle. This past summer we listened to coaches and event producers alike, as they participated in the information gathering phase of this process. At the annual NACCC coaches retreat, the regional meetings and the tier meetings, members were provided an open forum to discuss ideas and brain storm possible changes for the 2013-2015 rules.

It is time to
formally propose any changes you would like to see made in our current rules, age grid and rules related policies.

Go to usasfrules.com to learn more about the process and obtain the Rules and Policy Change Form.
The deadline for submitting this form is May 1, 2012.

The proposed changes will be presented at the NACCC's Annual Coaches' Retreat scheduled for May 29-31 in Miami, FL at the Doral Resort. Discussions will continue at the six USASF Regional Meetings this summer. For more information on the NACCC Coaches' Retreat or the USASF Regional Meetings click this link.

Any and all questions should be directed to:
Les Stella, USASF Executive Director of Rules.

[email protected]
(901) 849-0578

Back