All-Star 2011-13 Usasf Cheer Rules

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

How will the combine divisions at comps this year if there is just one team in some of these divisions....for example- 3 small coed teams , 1 med coed, 1 large coed...I'm guessing they will combine the med and large. Just wondering because a few teams we went up against last season changed divisions and now we will be competing against fewer teams.

This was asked on another thread...I am curious also how EP will be required to combine divisions...especially with the differant # of boys...will Med with 6 boys be combined with small and 4 boys?...In the past EP would not combine large limited and semi...with the new divisions I'm confused.​

The following is taken from the USASF age grid. Please note, splits aren't required for worlds divisions. But if divisions are split, they are first split by size (so small teams all together, medium teams, and large teams), then by coed and all girl. I can see this working for Small and medium level 5s. I can't picture a Large Allgirl combined with Large Coed though.

Event producers will split divisions first by size (when applicable) and then by co-ed vs. all girl (when applicable).

CO-ED SPLITS
Senior Restricted Level 5 may be split into Senior Restricted Level 5 and Senior Restricted Co-Ed Level 5 when there are at least two teams that will ultimately be registered in each respective division. Senior Level 4.2 may be split into Senior Level 4.2 and Senior Co-Ed Level 4.2 when there are at least two teams that will ultimately be registered in each respective division.

SENIOR RESTRICTED SPLITS
Event producers will split these divisions into Small Senior Restricted and Large Senior Restricted and then Senior Restricted and Senior Restricted Small Co-Ed when there are at least two teams that will ultimately be registered in each respective division.

WORLDS SPLITS
Event producers may also, at their discretion, split divisions into “Worlds Qualifying” and “Non-Worlds” qualifying divisions as long as the levels, age and female/male restrictions designated above remain the same for each division.

SPLIT EXCEPTIONS
Teams from the same gym will not have to compete against themselves if they have a “Small” and “Large” team in the same division (i.e. Small Junior Level 2 and Large Junior Level 2). A mandatory split in the division would occur in this situation, even it means that a division is left with only one team performing. This exception is to be applied only to teams from the same physical gym location. Programs with more than one physical gym location still will be required to compete against their own teams if these teams are from different physical gym locations and are registered in the same division.

NOTE: For Worlds qualifying divisions at an event where Worlds bids will be awarded, an event producer may leave these divisions split regardless of the number of teams competing in them.

sorry...I feel really stupid but I have read this like 100 times and still don't understand...soooo if my small limited team is alone we will be combined with small all girl before we are combined with med coed...

In top gun's youth lvl 3 pyramid, is the flip over the other flyers leg still legal or is it now illegal
its starts at 1:51
http://youtu.be/k18qjk1smVs

I guess that could be considered a multibased suspended forward roll so its the exception to the no inversions above shoulder level and its maintaining contact with the front/back spot

the other flyers are assisting with the flip so they are all part of one pyramid and therefore not moving over or under a separate pyramid so I guess this would be legal and I think you could even add in a full twist

but you'd have to confirm with @RulesGuy to know for sure

sorry...I feel really stupid but I have read this like 100 times and still don't understand...soooo if my small limited team is alone we will be combined with small all girl before we are combined with med coed...
At a competition where you are competing in a world's division, the event producer can leave you by yourself if you are the only small coed team.

How splits work is the following.
All Senior Level 5 teams are in one category regardless of size and coed/allgirl. First what happens is the event producer will split all of the teams out by size. So small teams with up to 20. Then teams with 21-36. If there are 2 teams with between 21-30, they will break into large and medium. THEN, they will break out coed and all girl.

So the only time that small coed will be combined with a medium or large team is when there is only 1 large/medium team and 2+ small teams, or when there are 2+ large/medium teams and only 1 small team.

For example. Maryland Marlins Large Senior, AS1 Small Coed, and NJSE Medium Coed are the only Senior 5 teams at a competition. They will all compete in 1 senior 5 division. If east coast nitros small senior shows up, then both small teams will compete against each other, and the large and medium teams will compete against each other. AGAIN, this is only if the event producer decides to have this. They can have each compete in their OWN division with only one team.

At a competition where you are competing in a world's division, the event producer can leave you by yourself if you are the only small coed team.

How splits work is the following.
All Senior Level 5 teams are in one category regardless of size and coed/allgirl. First what happens is the event producer will split all of the teams out by size. So small teams with up to 20. Then teams with 21-36. If there are 2 teams with between 21-30, they will break into large and medium. THEN, they will break out coed and all girl.

So the only time that small coed will be combined with a medium or large team is when there is only 1 large/medium team and 2+ small teams, or when there are 2+ large/medium teams and only 1 small team.

For example. Maryland Marlins Large Senior, AS1 Small Coed, and NJSE Medium Coed are the only Senior 5 teams at a competition. They will all compete in 1 senior 5 division. If east coast nitros small senior shows up, then both small teams will compete against each other, and the large and medium teams will compete against each other. AGAIN, this is only if the event producer decides to have this. They can have each compete in their OWN division with only one team.

Are event producers not required to combime anymore?(or is this for level5)...I hope they are it was nice having larger divisions last year

AHHH!!!! why did they change the restricted 5 rules!!!!! No standing fulls.... no whip fulls..... :mad:
when restricted level 5 came out I thought it was a great new division because it gave a "bridge" between level 4 and a worlds level 5 which are so far apart. Now they have dumbed it down so much the division seems not so useful anymore.

Are event producers not required to combime anymore?(or is this for level5)...I hope they are it was nice having larger divisions last year
They are NOT required to combine for Worlds Divisions. They could have 1 person in each division and they only compete against themselves.
(In reality, it is called a split. What they are supposed to do is lump everyone together, then if enough people fit a certain division, they break it out.)

They are NOT required to combine for Worlds Divisions. They could have 1 person in each division and they only compete against themselves.
(In reality, it is called a split. What they are supposed to do is lump everyone together, then if enough people fit a certain division, they break it out.)

What division would the 1 person be in? I want to compete against him or her

What division would the 1 person be in? I want to compete against him or her
well there was 1 competition this year where there were only 3 level 5 teams and the competition offered 1 partial and 1 at large.

And i know for cheer tech competitions this past year, fame was the only one that was ever in semi limited.

Or all star challenge for example, they could let Sr Elite compete in large senior alone instead of combining them.

when restricted level 5 came out I thought it was a great new division because it gave a "bridge" between level 4 and a worlds level 5 which are so far apart. Now they have dumbed it down so much the division seems not so useful anymore.
I actually think it's MORE of a bridge now..it was starting to become that you NEEDED standing fulls and specialties to full in order to be competitive in this division. Think of how many non-restricted level 5 teams have those things, and it doesn't seem like as much of a gap, does it? When the only difference between Cali Open/Restricted 5 and Cali Smoed is they can't double, how much of a 'stepping stone' is that really?

well there was 1 competition this year where there were only 3 level 5 teams and the competition offered 1 partial and 1 at large.

And i know for cheer tech competitions this past year, fame was the only one that was ever in semi limited.

Or all star challenge for example, they could let Sr Elite compete in large senior alone instead of combining them.

Oh you meant 1 team. You said 1 person so I was wondering who competed level 5 all by themselves. Kind of a disadvantage

Oh you meant 1 team. You said 1 person so I was wondering who competed level 5 all by themselves. Kind of a disadvantage
I think there is a minimum of 5 people per team. I would love to see a level 5 team of like 8 people. All with standing fulls and specialty to doubles. And 2 bomb stunt groups. They could definitely win competitions and max out scoresheets when you have true full team skills.

Back