All-Star 2011-13 Usasf Cheer Rules

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

How will one define a clear separation? I know in our gym we teach if the feet are not touching it is not a platform, it is a close extension (for technique standards)

If it's left up to my interpretation I'd go with a slightly different definition for single and multi based stunts.
Single based stunts - It would be considered a platorm if either hand or any fingers of the base are touching both feet.
Multi based stutns - It would be considered a platform if either base was touching both feet.

A tick tock that ends in extended position must have a base or spot hold on to it the entire time in Level 3, even if part of a pyramid.

You can do a tick tock that lands in extended position if braced on both arms, though, right? (level 3)

You can do a tick tock that lands in extended position if braced on both arms, though, right? (level 3)

Yes, I should make that line more clear.

The clarification "L3 Pyramid Release moves, must maintain contact with two other top persons if the release move begins at prep level or above, passes above extended arm level, includes more than one skill, or is caught in an extended position." allows it.

From smoosh would not be from the ground.
so since its says "ground Level" and not the actual "ground" if i do a ball up from a smoosh with the bases hands at "ground level" then it is legal right?! because the flyer would be at "ground level" as well??? and also only full ups are allowed now correct?? not 1 and /quarter ups?

so since its says "ground Level" and the actual "ground" if i do a ball up from a smoosh with the bases hands at "ground level" then it is legal right?! because the flyer would be at "ground level" as well
that doesnt sound like fun

so since its says "ground Level" and not the actual "ground" if i do a ball up from a smoosh with the bases hands at "ground level" then it is legal right?! because the flyer would be at "ground level" as well??? and also only full ups are allowed now correct?? not 1 and /quarter ups?

If the bases start with their hands on the ground and the top person's foot/feet in their hands it would be ground level.

What level for the bolded part?

@Lewis_Duh_

In Level 4 You can 1.5 up to Prep Level, 1 leg and 2 leg, Full up to Extended 2 Leg stunts, and Half up to Extended 1 Leg.

A spotted back tuck would not be considered a downward inversion and would be allowed in Level 4 as long as the spot maintained contact with the top person the entire time the top person was off the ground.

Why would a "spotted back tuck" not be considered a downward inversion?

Because you don't travel downward while inverted.
there is no definitive way to tell between one person and the next when their hips go below the shoulders after the flip is initiated, i.e. when the inverted position is broken...to say that is NEVER a downward inversion is a very big statement

Back