All-Star 2011-13 Usasf Cheer Rules

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The assisted tumbling thing is just bothering me. Ok so there was a "grey area" and it needed fixed, but how is it fair that team who are just legitimately spotting a tuck because they can't do it doesn't get a deduction now? Maybe I am understanding it wrong but I just don't see how that is fair. If they can't do that tuck by themself then they don't need to throw it in the routine, or really any kind of tumbling skill that can't be done alone. I don't want this to spark the discussion again but by the way I am reading it that would mean Bangkok would not receive a dedcution for their assisted tumbling then right?

The assisted tumbling thing is just bothering me. Ok so there was a "grey area" and it needed fixed, but how is it fair that team who are just legitimately spotting a tuck because they can't do it doesn't get a deduction now? Maybe I am understanding it wrong but I just don't see how that is fair. If they can't do that tuck by themself then they don't need to throw it in the routine, or really any kind of tumbling skill that can't be done alone. I don't want this to spark the discussion again but by the way I am reading it that would mean Bangkok would not receive a dedcution for their assisted tumbling then right?

They don't get a deduction because they aren't scoring anything for tumbling because it's not tumbling.

Can someone please tell me what "a platform position" is? There is nothing in the glossery for that.

Under Level 4 Dismounts section D.

D. Up to a 2-¼ twisting rotations allowed from all two leg stunts.

Exception: Twisting from a platform position
may not exceed 1-¼ rotation.

Can someone please tell me what "a platform position" is? There is nothing in the glossery for that.

Under Level 4 Dismounts section D.

D. Up to a 2-¼ twisting rotations allowed from all two leg stunts.

Exception: Twisting from a platform position
may not exceed 1-¼ rotation.

My guess is that it's the dangle/target position where your flyer is standing on one leg but has the other leg straight beside her weight-bearing leg, as if it's resting on a "platform". Just my guess, though!

My guess is that it's the dangle/target position where your flyer is standing on one leg but has the other leg straight beside her weight-bearing leg, as if it's resting on a "platform". Just my guess, though!

Thats what I thought too but wanted to make sure. TKS!

I have yet another, rather specific question. If spotted tumbling is counted as a stunt are the spotters the bracers/bases?
Example: If an athlete in L4 receives a spot on a back tuck, this would be considered legal under L4
Stunt – Inversions.

L4 Inversions says that:
2. Downward inversions are allowed at prep level or below and must be assisted by at least three bases, at least
two of which are positioned to protect the head and shoulder area and 3. Downward inversions must maintain contact with an original base.

Does this mean three people have to spot it to make it legal? Is this even considered a downward inversion?

All this means is that teams won't get a LEGALITY penalty for assisted tumbling (assuming it is legal under the stunt rules.) It does NOT have anything at all to do with panel judge scoring. The judges can (and probably will) severely reduce the tumbling score for teams that assist (spot) their tumbling.

Repeat: This is not USASF encouraging "spotted" tumbling. This is simply moving everything involving people in contact under the stunt rules section - rather than trying pry apart whether the intent was "tumbling" or "stunting". This also does NOT mean that you can all of a sudden bump up your score by spotting each other on standing backs. Your score will probably suffer severely if you do that, it just won't be because of the legality judge.

All this means is that teams won't get a LEGALITY penalty for assisted tumbling (assuming it is legal under the stunt rules.) It does NOT have anything at all to do with panel judge scoring. The judges can (and probably will) severely reduce the tumbling score for teams that assist (spot) their tumbling.

Repeat: This is not USASF encouraging "spotted" tumbling. This is simply moving everything involving people in contact under the stunt rules section - rather than trying pry apart whether the intent was "tumbling" or "stunting". This also does NOT mean that you can all of a sudden bump up your score by spotting each other on standing backs. Your score will probably suffer severely if you do that, it just won't be because of the legality judge.

Maybe a better way to say it is you cannot gain a competitive advantage by spotting tumbling on the floor during the tumbling section? The worst judge out there wont see an entire team of spotted fulls and somehow give them credit for it. I do agree with the rule because it closes quite a grey area (and opens up some fun ones for myself).

You all must think I'm an idiot. I'm sorry.

In L4- a low high tic tock would be illegal due to the fact that it is caught at an extension?

Wouldn't a switch up technically be illegal too sense it is also caught at an extension?

What is an express up?

You all must think I'm an idiot. I'm sorry.

In L4- a low high tic tock would be illegal due to the fact that it is caught at an extension?

Wouldn't a switch up technically be illegal too sense it is also caught at an extension?

What is an express up?

No worries, I've got you:)

It's saying IF it ends in extended position, it has to ORIGINATE from the ground... an express up/switch up is the same thing- originates from the ground, switches legs on the way up, so it's level 4 legal in these rules

A low-to-high LIB to STRETCH tick tock, using the "cheat" where the backspot maintains contact with the flyer's leg, is LEGAL because there is not a true release at any point.

A low-to-high stretch to stretch OR a high to high anything would be ILLEGAL because both are release moves and neither originate at the ground.

Hopefully, that makes sense:)

Yes, I call that "dead leg".... never would have known the term "platform" if I hadn't had a co-coach last yr from another program who called it that lol

Back