All-Star 2011-13 Usasf Cheer Rules

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Right!, thats why it was made! it was just a joke..

But it seems like FAME is going to have to find another outlet for their Rhinestoned eye make up.

The rhinestones are stuck to the sticker not the skin. So that could be part of the uniform right????

No worries, I've got you:)

It's saying IF it ends in extended position, it has to ORIGINATE from the ground... an express up/switch up is the same thing- originates from the ground, switches legs on the way up, so it's level 4 legal in these rules

A low-to-high LIB to STRETCH tick tock, using the "cheat" where the backspot maintains contact with the flyer's leg, is LEGAL because there is not a true release at any point.

A low-to-high stretch to stretch OR a high to high anything would be ILLEGAL because both are release moves and neither originate at the ground.

Hopefully, that makes sense:)

Thank you! So much for clearing that up!!

Ok Les, in this video, are half turn express ups in level 4, so are these legal if they are starting from the ground, and also in the pyramid section the two flippers are braced by a center girl and a girl right behind her both holding onto the same arm of the flippers, so now this is illegal also. Please clarify. It seems we did them both last season now both are illegal.

I'm pretty sure you can't TRUE tick tock at prep level in level 3... because the rule states that you have to originate below prep level which means you could only SWITCH UP or BALL UP to prep level
so can you or can you not do a ball up to extension (2 feet) in level 4?

Anyways, i'm feeling bad for the level 4 teams that can stunt better than level 5 teams.
yes you can.

Myself and @NJcoach were discussing this today, and the "originates from the ground" aspect is confusing. We are both in agreeance that a ballup starts at a sponge, which isn't the "ground" but should still be considered legal under these rules. Can @Andre or @RulesGuy clarify? :)

Myself and @NJcoach were discussing this today, and the "originates from the ground" aspect is confusing. We are both in agreeance that a ballup starts at a sponge, which isn't the "ground" but should still be considered legal under these rules. Can @Andre or @RulesGuy clarify? :)

I would think you have to start with a foot on the ground. if you have the back toss coed style and one base essentially toe pitch it and the other could assist the toss on the other leg you should be able to get significantly more than the legal height

Ok Les, in this video, are half turn express ups in level 4, so are these legal if they are starting from the ground, and also in the pyramid section the two flippers are braced by a center girl and a girl right behind her both holding onto the same arm of the flippers, so now this is illegal also. Please clarify. It seems we did them both last season now both are illegal.

This rule in the Level 4 stunting rules

4.Release moves that land in extended position must originate from ground-level and may not involve any twisting or flipping.

would make 1/2 turn express ups ILLEGAL now in level 4

This rule in the Level 4 pyramid rules

1.Pyramid transitions may involve braced inversions (including braced flips) while released from the bases if contact is maintained with at least 2 persons at prep level or below. Contact must be maintained throughout entire transition with either the top person(s) or the base(s). Clarification: The bracers of the inverted top person must show a concerted effort to maintain contact throughout the entire transition until they are safely caught by the bases. Braced flips must be braced on two separate sides (i.e. right side-left side, left side -back side, etc...) by two separate bracers. Clarification: Two Points of contact may not be on same appendage. (Example: two bracers on the same arm will no longer be permitted)

would make the flip ILLEGAL if they are both holding onto the same arm

I thought that ball-ups this past year were one of only a few true level 5 skills... I would think since it starts from a sponge that it would be illegal and that only express ups would be allowed, but this is just my interpretation :) I would think if they would be legal it would have said originating below prep level rather than from the ground.

Couldn't you ball up where the back holds waist and each base holds thigh and throws?

So is there now no rule on how high the flyer can be above bases as long as it starts from performance floor? Can you do a SUPER high switch up now?

Couldn't you ball up where the back holds waist and each base holds thigh and throws?

So is there now no rule on how high the flyer can be above bases as long as it starts from performance floor? Can you do a SUPER high switch up now?

This rule

J.L4 Stunts-Release Moves
1.Release moves are allowed but must not exceed extended arm level. Exception: Cradles are allowed.

would probably mean they can't be super high

On the spotted tumbling issue.... remember one of hte first general rules is about contact with someone in running tumbling, ie roffbhs tuck up to a stunt is illegal. there has to be clear seperation before the stunt begins, which means bumping up a super high tuck can't be called spotting it, because it is an illegal stunt. So basically it means standing tucks/layouts in levels 3/4 and standing fulls in level 5 can be spotted flips wise. It seems to be aimed at teh frontwalkovers visuals you see. Nothing can be spotted level 1 because you can't have any inversions into stunts, and level 2 you wouldn't be able to do much, as you can invert before/into stunts but not out of it, so you could say you couldn't spot a bhs in level 2 either, maybe nothing else. So all in all, it doesn't change much legality wise and won't allow some of the inversions that this is meant to keep explicitly legal for levels 3,4,5 in other levels.

Note* I was wrong about level 1 backwalkovers, since it wouldn't be a stunt. Didn't read that part of the interpretation.

Also, standing arabians are legal in levels 3, and since stunt inversions aren't limited as to spins in level 4, standing fulls would also be legal, if they are all spotted :)

Note* I was wrong about level 1 backwalkovers, since it wouldn't be a stunt. Didn't read that part of the interpretation.

Also, standing arabians are legal in levels 3, and since stunt inversions aren't limited as to spins in level 4, standing fulls would also be legal, if they are all spotted :)

But you'd hafta have three people catching it right?

Back