All-Star 2015-2016 Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

That's a Courtney question. As I said earlier, I'm not privy to that info. If you'd like to ask her I'm happy to share her number if you message me.
Does that offer extend to me? I'm sure I can come up with a few questions to ask or cute dog pictures to send.

**Always post responsibly**

Of course. But send cat pictures. She loves cats.
Can we give this a trial run? I won't even introduce myself. Will be just like sending a text to a wrong number [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

**A million thanks to anyone that can find When will Susie Tic Toc on XtraNormal**

If you were good enough to make the team before, then you add an additional year experience, I would think the chances of making the team again would be high at any gym.

Completely agree! Also from a coaches perspective I don't think people always really appreciate the importance that proven commitment makes when choosing a team. Yes, I would take a slightly weaker athlete that might need a bit more work (but will put in extra time and effort to do so), over someone who is 'better' but is going to miss a few practices monthly to go hang out.

If you were good enough to make the team before, then you add an additional year experience, I would think the chances of making the team again would be high at any gym.
Totally agree! Because that athlete already knows the team's dynamics, has the "worlds" experience, (maybe) has learned new skills to add to their repertior, etc. That's why I'm not suprised that CEA does it this way

I do not think this a rare occurrence on CEA selection process, I cannot speak for any gym, but it appears that when you look at most gym's premier teams, it most likely, you will see the same faces and believe it or not, most of us expect to see the same faces, if they have not aged off, with a speckle of new faces...
Tbh, I think like most of you were saying, commitment, loyalty and seniority plays huge dividends in the success of a program and it helps that gym to keep the lower level hopefuls with talent, when they know if they make a gym's premiere team, they stand a good chance of staying there, unless they are injured. (Many still stay on the team, but may lose feature parts in the routine) at least that is what I noticed...JMO

And, its really only about two weeks from Worlds to tryouts, not too much would usually change. Its not exactly "nect year." I would expect most athletes to qualify to return to their team

True. And this is just my opinion but if I were a coach, why would I build a premiere team from scratch when there's 26 returning veterans who placed second in one of the toughest divisions? It would save time and effort trying to see who jives with who and they could just work on doing harder skills for next season because you already have a team laid out for you. Its not the exclusivity, talent, whatsoever. Its the cohesion of the team as a whole. It develops trust.

A little tardy to the party, but from the perspective of a Lady Elite alumni I think this a great thing. Since SE & CE have been around so much longer than LE, it was a natural assumption that that was the "JV" team. Do I think that LE was treated any different from SE or CE? At times, but not really & I don't think intentionally.. We had a different head coach so things obviously weren't always the same. LE is only 3 years old.. From its first year, to last year, to this past season, the team has gotten consistently better. I am so proud that I got to be part of 2 of those years & now seeing the name that we've made for ourselves be brought over to CLT. Did we ever feel like the "JV" team at times? Absolutely, but the funny thing is it's from social media, fans, those crazy insta accounts, & the occasional crazy cheer mom. I am THRILLED to see that CSP & SSM are taking action & trying to even the playing field or at least the level of respect/recognition. It makes me incredibly happy that they heard some of us out & are making the necessary changes to make every athlete/team feel equally important.

Although they are young, LoT is stacked with talent! They may seem little, which they are, but their talent is huge. I haven't known all of them that long but they are some of the sweetest kids & I've been so excited to see them age onto worlds teams to showcase their skills! People should really look at this team as a new team without judgements. This is NOT Lady Elite. I've seen twitter accounts saying oh who cares it's the same people/skills as LE from last year & it absolutely is not.. Of 30 OF US last year there are 7 PEOPLE on LoT. 7. Of 30.. That isn't a lot & on top of that, 1 is my old flyer who isn't even flying so she's almost a new person too lol. Some of us aged out, some of us are on different teams (SE/CE/IOC), some of us are solely cheering at CEA locations closer to home (Salem/LKN), & some of us simply aren't cheering to focus on school. So for those asking why not just call it LE, well, because it isn't lol it's almost brand new! Naming them LoT brings new attention to a new team & it makes sense to me. I know that from the outside it may seem ridiculous or unnecessary, but being an athlete at the gym, I think it's a great thing. There will always be people who do not like CEA, but CSP has a method to her madness. Always.

I've been preparing myself all season to age out & move on from cheer but what do you know I'm back lol.. (or did I never leave?) I am thrilled to be on IOC with not only Missy as team mom, but the other alumni & yes the crossovers because it will be such a FUN team! There's a bunch of aged out alumni on there, crossovers who want to have fun, & even coaches! I am thrilled with the smaller commitment as I enter my junior year of college, but that I still get to cheer. The one thing I will absolutely miss from being on a senior worlds team is the combined Wednesday night practices.. I LOVED practicing with SE/CE sometimes even JE, YE, or Coex! Somehow in the middle of almost 100 people in our small gym with 1 floor is this love & crazy energy. When you're the team on the floor you get extra energy & confidence from the audience right in front of the mat who are some of your best friends. When you're the team in front, your job is to get the team on the floor through whatever they have to do, while quickly chugging water, & thanking God you get a moment to breathe! Some of the kids on SE/CE have become my best friends & without seeing them so often, it probably wouldn't be like that. I apologize for the novel, but just another POV from a CEA athlete/LE alumni!

Latest posts

Back