High School 2016-17 High School New Uniforms/ Trends

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oh I know the reason they give is cost, but I'm wondering about the timing, when did the old standard for HS's (if that's what it was) change?

I actively cheered HS in the late 90s/early 00s. We got new uniforms (that we paid for and kept) every 2 years. Our Varsity and JV had the same one.

The program I coach is similar. New ones every other year, kids pay, they keep them.

Anyone else have mock-ups/prototypes for us to look at?

Let's see if these will hold you over. These are our old uniforms, which will still be used for football/basketball games:
current%20uniforms_zpslxvistuw.png
current%20uniform_zpsbkh3hkoa.png

These are our new uniform mockups, which we are hoping will be used for competitions, assemblies, and other (less messy) events. Waiting on the AD to decide which one he likes most before we can order:

mockup1_zps9lh8nbvb.png

mockup2_zpsmoarxibg.png

83c82a0d-142c-4b5c-9005-d8b0adc6c1f4_zpsrzarfmzm.png

Let me know what you think. It boils down to what the AD wants, in the end, buuut I'd love to hear opinions. Not a fan of the fact that the Rebel one doesn't keep the design consistent going to the back. That is a huge pet peeve of mine.

I met with my rep today and did some mockups. This one is my #1!

Our colors are maroon and white and we have used metallic silver in the past as an "accent". I'm getting tired of metallics so I'm pitching the new Varsity charcoal grey to my AD. It looks a little blue in the image. I'm obsessed!

2ljt3x4.jpg

Our colors are maroon and white and we have used metallic silver in the past as an "accent". I'm getting tired of metallics so I'm pitching the new Varsity charcoal grey to my AD. It looks a little blue in the image. I'm obsessed!

2ljt3x4.jpg
Yeah, I think it's supposed to have more blue in it than red and green, it looks awesome!
Let's see if these will hold you over. These are our old uniforms, which will still be used for football/basketball games:

These are our new uniform mockups, which we are hoping will be used for competitions, assemblies, and other (less messy) events. Waiting on the AD to decide which one he likes most before we can order:

mockup1_zps9lh8nbvb.png

mockup2_zpsmoarxibg.png

Let me know what you think. It boils down to what the AD wants, in the end, buuut I'd love to hear opinions. Not a fan of the fact that the Rebel one doesn't keep the design consistent going to the back. That is a huge pet peeve of mine.
Gray sleeves. My favorite.

2ljt3x4.jpg
These look gorgeous! I too am sick of the metalic silver accents, I feel ya. Yay charcoal gray!

I love the gray a lot. I have it on my current uniform and the gray doesn't look as blue as it does in the pictures. It adds a great touch.

Looks more classic and sophisticated, too.

The classic/sophisticated look is what I am most excited about. Stepping away from big glitz bows and going with clean, standout white bows. Also reintroducing the crew socks. When I went to NYS States a few months ago, the clean teams with the classic looks not only looked better on the floor, but better on the score sheets as well. Hopefully ordering these soon and I can post real photos!!

I guess because uniforms these days are expensive or would be if they got them new every year plus for each team. But wow the same uniform for 9 seasons. Perhaps a new change.
Our oldest one in rotation is 7 years. It's still in awesome shape and I can see it being used another two years at least if not much longer! I think if they look good, are holding up, and aren't dated then why replace them? That being said, I've "retired" other uniforms that were newer because they didn't hold up as well. Specialty fabrics/braids or anything white doesn't really last in my experience.
Oh I know the reason they give is cost, but I'm wondering about the timing, when did the old standard for HS's (if that's what it was) change?
I started cheering in middle school in 99. Personalization like what you're talking about was already gone, at least here. I did cheer pop warner in the early 90's and we did have somewhat custom, so I think it had to be sometime in the early-mid 90's? I think it depends on the school though as to different uniforms for each squad. Some programs like having distinct uniforms, others like looking unified as a whole program. To each their own there. Costs wouldn't really effect that since most uniform companies don't give bulk or number discounts on uniforms.

mockup1_zps9lh8nbvb.png

mockup2_zpsmoarxibg.png

My favorites are the first one (wouldn't it be awesome if it was actually only $19) and the white sleeve AF one.

I'm feeling extra lucky that I've never had to let the AD have input into my uniforms! I didn't realize that was a thing.

The classic/sophisticated look is what I am most excited about. Stepping away from big glitz bows and going with clean, standout white bows. Also reintroducing the crew socks. When I went to NYS States a few months ago, the clean teams with the classic looks not only looked better on the floor, but better on the score sheets as well. Hopefully ordering these soon and I can post real photos!!
I see this all the time, and it feeds heavily into my bias toward UCA-styled things. Post pics when you can!

Specialty fabrics/braids or anything white doesn't really last in my experience.
Noooo I hate hearing this, I have a love-hate relationship with white uniforms. Has anyone hadown a better experience with reusing white uniforms over time? And how long did everyone's last?

Last edited:
Double post but I wanted to talk about trends in general... I'm gonna need the body rubbing, excessive gyrations, drop squats, etc. to stay in all star. I hate hate hate seeing teams (especially UCA teams) dance like I've seen some all star teams dance. It's not cute, and high school cheer is supposed to be the epitome of class and good taste.

I see this all the time, and it feeds heavily into my bias toward UCA-styled things. Post pics when you can!

Noooo I hate hearing this, I have a love-hate relationship with white uniforms. Has anyone hadown a better experience with reusing white uniforms over time? And how long did everyone's last?
I also have love/hate with white! After having all white, it's more of a hate haha! To clarify white polyester holds up decently well. White motionflex is looking rough after one season. We only wore ours to comps, no games, nothing outdoors. We had to test and buy many different lipsticks that wouldn't get on the uniforms.

You can use shout spray and wash on white polyester, even though varsity recommends not too. I'm a little OCD. Uniforms have to be turned in clean at the end of the year, but I still rewash them all twice to get the different house smells out. I went through 4 big bottles of spray and wash this year on the white parts of all our uniforms. Felt like it took forever, but if I don't, they don't last as long. We have one uniform that the majority of the front of the top is white. They were used 4 seasons (2 of those were only half seasons) and were "retired" last year.

Back