All-Star 3 Major Changes To Address 3 Major Problems

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I want to see the stats the USASF has on the percentage of injuries on the skills they've banned. Show me the proof. Don't just tell me it's happening. Then when you show me those statistics, tell me how many of those injuries were in gyms where coaches have no business coaching the level they're coaching. Ban the gyms, not the skills....

Debbie Love said last night she also wants to see these stats because from her own research more injuries come from straight doubles then standing fulls and bounding skills. I am more willing to take her word for it then the word of the USASF stats that no one else has seen.
Debbie even said that she was coming up with a proposal to do away with standing doubles and handspring doubles that is it, but the USASF never contacted her about it.

Debbie Love said last night she also wants to see these stats because from her own research more injuries come from straight doubles then standing fulls and bounding skills. I am more willing to take her word for it then the word of the USASF stats that no one else has seen.
Debbie even said that she was coming up with a proposal to do away with standing doubles and handspring doubles that is it, but the USASF never contacted her about it.

Yes. She and I discussed this at length last night at the gym. I stand behind her 100%

I don't think anybody in the industry has better knowledge about tumbling across the board than Debbie. How can her points be ignored, and how can you make such decisions without consulting her?

How many kids are being punished here? A few hundred out of hundreds of thousands? There are still plenty of skills that these athletes can work on and develop.

How about front handspring front full step out RO HS Double. I've never seen a cheerleader do that yet it is completely legal and extremely difficult. Have at it kids.
What proves that that pass is safer than a whip-double? Actually when I think of it, in my mind it's actually more dangerous. Stepping out of a blind twisting skill increases risk of injury. Whip punch double ENCOURAGES landing with feet together. So again, all we did was put a band aid. Injuries won't change.

Also, because I know this is obviously turning into a "stunt" dominate sport (unfortunate that we can't figure out how to make all things equal) why are there NO new rules limiting stunting? Apparently % wise there are no injuries? Still scratching my head.

Also, because I know this is obviously turning into a "stunt" dominate sport (unfortunate that we can't figure out how to make all things equal) why are there NO new rules limiting stunting? Apparently % wise there are no injuries? Still scratching my head.

I just asked this same question in another thread. I can't remember which one though. I've been posting in too many to keep track today! ha ;)

How many kids are being punished here? A few hundred out of hundreds of thousands? There are still plenty of skills that these athletes can work on and develop.

How about front handspring front full step out RO HS Double. I've never seen a cheerleader do that yet it is completely legal and extremely difficult. Have at it kids.

Not sure who she is but first running tumbling pass. Not trying to be a nat, but I love this tumbling pass as well.

But still why punish these few hundred kids for something, when the governing body should be making it more safe( not by restricting the skill) . As a first year coach, I had to go through USAG to get a safety certification. You don't see USA Gymnastics telling Shawn Johnson to stop tumbling so good because its potentially dangerous..

I in NO WAY want stunts to be limited, I just find it amusing.

Agreed. But I don't want tumbling limited beyond what it already is, either. I just want coaches to be required to know what the heck they're doing...

You have to compare apples to apples. When looking at competing in baseball year round NOT just one fall season the price goes drastically up. I know in our area baseball is a couple grand more expensive if you want to do it year round and be competitive.

I pay the same thing (give or take a few dollars) for my child to play classic soccer for 9 months as I did for Allstar cheer.

Because her coaches are trained to instruct her in those skills.

But I am sure that there are gymnastic coaches that don't train their athletes perfectly either just like in cheer. Just because her coaches do it right and she performs it right doesn't mean it is that way for everyone. Whitney Love and Kelsey Rule were taught to properly perform their skills too, but now they can't perform those skills because of the risk involved with people not properly teaching them.
How often does USAG remove skills allowed to be performed due to injuries?

But I am sure that there are gymnastic coaches that don't train their athletes perfectly either just like in cheer. Just because her coaches do it right and she performs it right doesn't mean it is that way for everyone. Whitney Love and Kelsey Rule were taught to properly perform their skills too, but now they can't perform those skills because of the risk involved with people not properly teaching them.
I'm not a USAG expert but I do coach at a gymnastics facility. I'll ask some more questions tonight.

They probably don't have to because they REQUIRE coaches to be trained!!!

Back