All-Star 3 Year Old Bhs

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Y'all should take a walk over to Chalkbucket sometime...these parents are a dime a dozen in gymnastics. You can't even compete USAG at level 1, it's a marketing scheme by gyms to make money pure and simple. If she is truely "that close" to doing it herself why isn't she up training since it is a level 4 skill?
And just because a kid gets happy doing somethig doesn't mean it's good for them also. My cp loves to mainline pixie sticks and you should see her jumping up and down...it makes her so happy:rolleyes:
No parent likes to hear that what they are doing may be wrong but sometimes it's worth taking a step back and reevaluating.
BTW I honestly believe that kids that gain these skills early have a shorter career in any sport they do. Not due to injuries but out of boredom.

Actually for your info she is competing....i just paid for her number...i know theres 2 different systems....usga and something else but i forget the ackronym...she might be in the other but either way she is allowed to compete at every comp they are going to....and jsut because she is close to one skill doesnt mean shes ready for all the skils in those levels

Really? Something else but you forgot the acronym? I would be pretty sure of what I signed my 3 year old up for but okay. And I think you were looking for AAU?
Since my cp was in competitive gymnastics before I'm pretty familiar with the system and if everything you say is true than she shouldn't be in level 1 or competing, she should be uptraining and conditioning.
Your obviously not going to get the reaction you want off this board...I think the Chalkboard is more your speed.

I have taught gymnastics for YEARS and we never do bridges with children until they are 5. It is not recommended by the Usag. It is not good for their body and should not be taught to them. Have her perfect cartwheels, jumps etc. it sounds like she can be very talented, she has many years to expand her skills.

Actually for your info she is competing....i just paid for her number...i know theres 2 different systems....usga and something else but i forget the ackronym...she might be in the other but either way she is allowed to compete at every comp they are going to....and jsut because she is close to one skill doesnt mean shes ready for all the skils in those levels

She is probably competing in an Excel level program. In those programs you can have a forward roll and compete. And btw her bar routine doesn't put more pressure than a bhs on her arms. First of all at her age there is no way she is doing giants or anything close to a handstand. Secondly a backhand spring puts 3 times more weight on your arms than doing a handstand. Mainly because in a backhand spring you are jumping to a handstand, that is tons of pressure. Take everyone else's advice and let your kid progress the right way, teach her a back walkover.

Just found this...

Compulsory Gymnastics Level 1-3: Everything You Need to Know

postdateicon.png
December 4th, 2010 |
postauthoricon.png
Author: Scarlett

USAG has established10 Junior Olympic levels in gymnastics. After the 10th level there is elite gymnastics. Gymnastics level 1-6 are known as the compulsory levels. In the compulsory levels every gymnast performs the same gymnastic routines on each event (floor, balance beam, vault and uneven bars).

Levels 1-3 are usually non competitive gymnastics levels. There is no official or sanctioned meets for theses level. Although some gyms may have small competitions so the gymnasts can have fun and gain experience. USAG has set forth mandatory ages for each level of competition. To compete as a gymnastics level 1 or 2 the gymnast has to have reached her 4th birthday. To compete as a level 3 the gymnast has to have reached her 5th birthday.

VAULT

• Level 1 Vault- arm circle, punching the spring board, straight jump on an 8 inch mat

UNEVNEN BARS
  • Level 1 Bars- 2 foot pullover, casting, back hip circle, push away dismount

BALANCE BEAM
  • Level 1 Balance beam- front support, candle stick, arabesque, coupe walks, releve (tiptoe) walks, straight (stretch) jump on beam, straight (stretch) jump dismount.

GYMNASTICS FLOOR
  • Level 1 Gymnastics floor- forward roll, backward roll, cartwheel, candlestick, bridge up, side roll, leg swings, coupe walks, tuck jump

Just found this...

Compulsory Gymnastics Level 1-3: Everything You Need to Know

postdateicon.png
December 4th, 2010 |
postauthoricon.png
Author: Scarlett

USAG has established10 Junior Olympic levels in gymnastics. After the 10th level there is elite gymnastics. Gymnastics level 1-6 are known as the compulsory levels. In the compulsory levels every gymnast performs the same gymnastic routines on each event (floor, balance beam, vault and uneven bars).

Levels 1-3 are usually non competitive gymnastics levels. There is no official or sanctioned meets for theses level. Although some gyms may have small competitions so the gymnasts can have fun and gain experience. USAG has set forth mandatory ages for each level of competition. To compete as a gymnastics level 1 or 2 the gymnast has to have reached her 4th birthday. To compete as a level 3 the gymnast has to have reached her 5th birthday.

VAULT

• Level 1 Vault- arm circle, punching the spring board, straight jump on an 8 inch mat

UNEVNEN BARS
  • Level 1 Bars- 2 foot pullover, casting, back hip circle, push away dismount

BALANCE BEAM
  • Level 1 Balance beam- front support, candle stick, arabesque, coupe walks, releve (tiptoe) walks, straight (stretch) jump on beam, straight (stretch) jump dismount.

GYMNASTICS FLOOR
  • Level 1 Gymnastics floor- forward roll, backward roll, cartwheel, candlestick, bridge up, side roll, leg swings, coupe walks, tuck jump

Why are you telling me my daughters routines? We work on them every night I think i know them lol....and we already established shes competing aau thats why shes allowed to compete at 3 at level 1

Why are you telling me my daughters routines? We work on them every night I think i know them lol....and we already established shes competing aau thats why shes allowed to compete at 3 at level 1

Whoa. If I remember earlier questions, someone asked if level 1 existed in USAG. No need to attack me. I really think you should take a deep breath an evaluate your responses before posting.

Good luck to your daughter and her coaches.

Slow your roll, sparkle. Actually, cheermommaRN established that she's competing AAU because you couldn't remember what you signed your child up for.

Back