All-Star 3 Year Old Bhs

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

BTW I honestly believe that kids that gain these skills early have a shorter career in any sport they do. Not due to injuries but out of boredom.
very true. cp advanced fairly quickly (has the aches and pains at 15) and can see some of the boredom. have also seen the kids pushed hard at young age walk away in anger from a sport they loved.

Or, it means you're pimping your toddler's skills on a message board and people feel that it's probably a good idea to insert some sensibility before a child gets hurt or burned out.
I don't think the OP asked the wrong question, she just expected an entirely different reaction than the one she got.
Pimping your toddler's skills Bwhahahaha...:p

I think I'm just going to delete this post....no one in this group wants to answer my question they jsut want to give their own opinion that I shouldnt allow her to do the bhs....no one is listening to the fact that she almost has it by herself.....she jst has a mental block with throwing it on her own....im not going to wait the next 2 years out jsut so everyone can think shes old enough to do it
I am sorry but you think she has a mental block - SHE IS 3 - she should have a mental block the way her brain is currently developing doing a move like this goes against naturally where she is. It isn't just your physical body it is the brain sending impulses to the body and the returning message and how all of this is firing - biophysics of it all. The cognitive development involved in doing these type of things is why she has a mental block. Perhaps instead of worrying about her having this stunt to preform at her birthday party for you - you should wonder if her "mental block" is a sign you are pushing this child too far too fast.
My background is not in the physical part and I see you have plenty of really good coaches on here trying to be polite to you about the fact that you are running the risk of physical harming your child (yet you do not seem capable to get pass what you want for your child to see you are putting her at physical risk).
My background is child development, neuropsychology, and child psychology your child's mental block is her way of telling you she is not ready but just as you feel no one here is listening to you that she "almost has it" - you are not listening to her she is not psychosocially ready - back off mom when she is ready she'll do it - she is 3. You need a SERIOUS reality check. I see you are new on here I am hoping you take a step back and realize that the coaches who are taking the time to explain to you why this is not physically right know their stuff.
You are putting your child in harm and her "mental block" is a 3 yo child's only way to cognitively tell you she is not ready - you are just not able to listen to her and that is horribly sad that you can't listen to your own child who is trusting her mom to listen to her. I am seriously hoping that this is just some new identity made up by a bored teen to get us grown ups riled up - I would hope an adult would be able to reasonably understand what a 3 yo child (their 3 yo child) is saying to them.

I don't like to say where I'm from on online forums...sorry...but I have talked to them and they just say shes close and doing great...but she didnt start the one finger spot thing till tonight.....but shes not in a cheer gymnastics class anymore because shes competing in gymnastics as well so shes in the level 1 class and all they work on is there routines mainly....i think I may ask her coach to work on her bhs dring her private instead of just routines
Well based on your previous posts looks like you are from Kentucky

World Cup in NJ has a Youth Level 5 team called the Twinkles. So as long as your daughter's doctor doesn't tell you it's unhealthy for her to try, don't be discouraged, anything is possible. Just remember a BHS is a difficult point for any always going to be difficult for a CP for two reasons: fear of the actual flip over, and the muscle development. If u get doctor's clearance, try having your daughter work on holding a handstands against a wall

Back