All-Star 3 Year Old Bhs

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

World Cup in NJ has a Youth Level 5 team called the Twinkles. So as long as your daughter's doctor doesn't tell you it's unhealthy for her to try, don't be discouraged, anything is possible. Just remember a BHS is a difficult point for any always going to be difficult for a CP for two reasons: fear of the actual flip over, and the muscle development. If u get doctor's clearance, try having your daughter work on holding a handstands against a wall

Glad to see not everyone on here is an idiot. Thanks for the response. We do work on handstands against the wall and she can hold them pretty long. The past 2 weeks during her gymnastics private her coach has been working with her on them and just spots 2 fingers behind her back. My daughter keeps wanting to try it by herself but then stops her self and lands on her back....so her coach said shes just going to keep spoting her a couple more weeks and then let her try again on the wedge.

JocelynsMama1 if your daughter is a gymnast why are you here on fb? why not chalkbucket? I feel that would be suited to you because we don't talk about gymnastics much on here....
Also don't push you child to do something she clearly isn't ready to do, like others said. I am and example of a child who was pushed to hard too young, I was a dancer for 8 years starting when I was 3 but I was pushed by my teachers too much that I quit when I was 10. I was always in more advanced classes with girls that were sometimes 4 or so years older than me. It was too much at too young of an age, I got burnt out when I was only 10 years old. I don't think you want your daughter to end up burnt out and hurting when she's 10.

Based on messages done by Snoopy and Jocelyns Mom and the start dates of both - the skeptic in me still says this thread was a set up - apologize if it is not a set up - guess I am hoping that someone would be a good enough mom to get that there 3 yo is not doing a bhs not because of a mental block but because she is 3 and not ready and when asking for advice and being given advice by some really great coaches would not just ignore it ... so hoping for set up

Me and SheCheers just seen her cousin who is no more then 2 at this competition, on a show team throwing spotted BHS's lol!!

Had to post this here. My guess is it comes naturally for her, she enjoys doing it, and is a little dare devil! :)

This might be a dumb question, but is this the child referred to from the OP or just another 4 year old with tumbling?

This is here now at 7 years old. She reminds me of a little Kiara Nowlin. Very powerful!

Back