OT 5 Year Olds Kicked Off Of Team After Taking Approved Vacation

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
ImageUploadedByFierce Board1447360096.180559.jpg

Little Bit and rjsextrememom who used to post here!!!

Hahahaha. Thank god for CSP's kids because we did away with the glitter lips the year Carley was on Tiny's! Haha.

It's a CIF rule in our state that you cannot do club soccer/football/basketball/baseball, etc., and play on your school team while it's "in season." So that conveniently takes care of that issue. :)

This will soon be the case for cheer, too. Many girls at CP's gym cheer on their high school/middle school teams. Part of me wants to like the shift to CIF regulation, the other part of me wants to hate it. I haven't decided which part will win. I guess we will just have to see once the regulations come out... Unless they have already?

Back to the topic at hand: I think there is more to the story, but this team only has about a month left in its season. Short of drunken parents on the sidelines or a belligerent parent who screams obscenities in front of children (i.e. Hairgate), these kids should have just been allowed to finish the season.

There could be some really amazing school cheer squads in my area if the directors would be more flexible when it comes to practice attendance - my CPs middle school alone has about two dozen high level gymnasts, AS cheerleaders and comp dancers who could EASILY learn the cheers and routines one weekend and just show up a few minutes early for games and pep rallies to review before going on - they would be amazing! But instead they have squads filled w/ girls who can't stunt, tumble or dance a tenth as well as the more active girls, because they are the only ones who have enough time on their hands to make the *mandatory* (meaning you get benched if you miss more than so many) 2-3 day per week practices that are not even on a regular schedule.

I don't know what the answer is - I just think the whole thing is ironic ;). Your story made me think of it.

Ha! Tell me about it. I am literally getting grief right now because I have to pull cp 15 MINUTES early from her MS cheer to get to AS practice. I knew when AS practice was before tryouts. School practice was supposed to be on a different day, they changed it after we had already paid for $200 worth of gear, $150 camp, $125 school fee, etc... When they told us practice was now on same day as AS, I nicely told coach (after the meeting) that we'd have to leave early. They told cp she couldn't be in stunts b/c of this, which is an utter joke b/c cp is a very versatile stunter, she has experience flying AND basing level 4. The majority of the team has no tumbling higher than level 1. So cp is supposed to tumble in front of the stunt at halftime. No biggie, I guess...but how STUPID! Could they work on jumps or tumbling at the end of practice? Is it THAT big of a deal? Cp is rapidly losing interest in school cheer. There are several older girls at our school that do AS...they don't want to do school b/c of the headaches. It is a shame b/c they could be SO GOOD! Several level 5s and a couple more level 4s. Oh well.

If there are rules in place, they are for everyone - for the cute 5 year old as well as for Suzie and her mom. You can't have rules only for the people you don't like. One thing that is said over and over again in the coaches forum is, that you have to enforce the rules even with your point-everything kid that you love more than your own child.
I have not read the article, so I don't know what even happened here, but if there was a rule broken, it was exactly the right thing to enforce the consequences.

I am all about rule following but per the parents and a spokesperson from the group that kicked them off they all seem to be on the same page. The parents informed of the vacation prior to signing up and multiple times informed various people she dealt with and it was excused. The reason the children were kicked off apparently had to do with it not being in writing. What appears to be the issue is if the parents were ever told or provided information that this needed to be provided in writing both sides said it was excused. My thought would be whoever excused it should have said please provide this in writing instead of saying "oh that's fine". This one really feels like a nonissue but looks like a ton of cheer stories about girls getting kicked off have been the "hot topic" - ridiculous

I am all about rule following but per the parents and a spokesperson from the group that kicked them off they all seem to be on the same page. The parents informed of the vacation prior to signing up and multiple times informed various people she dealt with and it was excused. The reason the children were kicked off apparently had to do with it not being in writing. What appears to be the issue is if the parents were ever told or provided information that this needed to be provided in writing both sides said it was excused. My thought would be whoever excused it should have said please provide this in writing instead of saying "oh that's fine". This one really feels like a nonissue but looks like a ton of cheer stories about girls getting kicked off have been the "hot topic" - ridiculous
This is exactly why I always put everything in email when requesting and getting an exception to a rule - you never know when you need the proof.

This story was posted on a
Local NY news Facebook page tonight. Comments from non cheer people r funny!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back