All-Star A Whole New Low....

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

IF A GYM HAS A SHOW OFF FOR FAMILY AND FRIENDS, I PERSONALLY FIND IT DISRESPECTFUL AS AN ATHLETE/COACH/PARENT TO POST ONLINE FROM A COMPETITIVE POINT.

Clearly the rivalries in Texas are way more insane than most states but there is a certain line of respect. At Cheer Athletics on CA day for Wildcats performance we only got to "mark" and "walk through" our routine because people had flown in to see and video our routines. CA day is a chance for family and friends to come and see all of the progression and hard work we have put into our new routines. The fact we weren't able to display this due to certain gyms "competitiveness" really frustrates me. I understand completely where she is coming from!

As far as it being a competition video I am completely okay with that. I KNOW some gyms are very particular in people not posting ANY of their routines at ANY time of the year. I feel that if you are competing at a competition and someone post that video there is nothing wrong. By entering into the competition you clearly want The parents, spectators, and the judges to view this routine. Since it is a PUBLIC performance I dont see why people get so upset the video is online. I know that gyms and athletes have their rights this is just my opinion.:)

IF A GYM HAS A SHOW OFF FOR FAMILY AND FRIENDS, I PERSONALLY FIND IT DISRESPECTFUL AS AN ATHLETE/COACH/PARENT TO POST ONLINE FROM A COMPETITIVE POINT.

Clearly the rivalries in Texas are way more insane than most states but there is a certain line of respect. At Cheer Athletics on CA day for Wildcats performance we only got to "mark" and "walk through" our routine because people had flown in to see and video our routines. CA day is a chance for family and friends to come and see all of the progression and hard work we have put into our new routines. The fact we weren't able to display this due to certain gyms "competitiveness" really frustrates me. I understand completely where she is coming from!

As far as it being a competition video I am completely okay with that. I KNOW some gyms are very particular in people not posting ANY of their routines at ANY time of the year. I feel that if you are competing at a competition and someone post that video there is nothing wrong. By entering into the competition you clearly want The parents, spectators, and the judges to view this routine. Since it is a PUBLIC performance I dont see why people get so upset the video is online. I know that gyms and athletes have their rights this is just my opinion.:)

when is CAs first competition?

OMG!!! People forget about sportsmanship and it makes our sport look very bad. Like, the competition brands give you a breakdown of what you need to do to score in specific ranges. If you can't creatively come up with a routine or hire an outside choreographer to do that for you, then I think the person/gym should find something else to do. But, on a positive note, it can be kind of flattering to know they are so worried about losing to you.

In some ways, I think it's flattering that someone thinks you're serious competition and feels the need to videotape your routines to get an advantage. The day that happens to our gym is the day we'll know we arrived. :)

This reminds me of when we were at CA and we were all so excited to see our cp perform...only to for them to have to mark everything due to people flying in to watch (and video). Best part was one of the owners making the announcement about it and then saying "enjoy the free bbq"...lol
thats freaking hilarious!

I honestly don't understand why this is such a big deal. And I'm assuming you're talking about Woodlands Elite (your name being TXcheermom and the rivalry of the two gyms)
1) Why would Woodlands "steal your choreography?" They fly in the best choreographers in the country...I believe they come from out of state?...and have they ever stolen anything from yours to begin with? Plus, if your only doing walk throughs and sections then there shouldn't be much to worry about.
3) That is what happens when you broadcast a show off. Plus, are you sure they SENT mc..? Being that the gyms are so close she could have gone to simply watch her friend.
4) Where are the links that he posted all over youtube? I've been looking and haven't found one yet
5) And just curious as to why you would post a thread about this? I know TLCC and WECC have always been rivals...but is there a reason to post this for the world? If your trying to ruin their reputation then karma will come back around and find YOU.
Just IMO, I'm not affiliated with either. So no hard feelings :) But I guess we will have to wait and see on November 13th who truly is best...and if they truly did steal anything!

No one from Texas ever said who the other team was. The people who are not associated with TLCC are assuming that it's Woodlands from what I can see on this thread.

Very true...just read through everything again, and you're right no one from TLCC confirmed it was WE. I'm very sorry if it's not woodlands.

Is there a post/posts missing? I could have sworn I read on here that someone from Texas confirmed that the medium all girl 5 was what they thought that the video peep was after??? Something to the effect of yea bummer they got what they were looking for and referenced med all girl 5?? I could def be wrong, wouldn't be the first or last time LOL. I am thinking if I started a thread and noticed that someone was wrongly accused, I would jump in to clarify that even though I am not going to name the program, the accusations to the gym everyone is naming are incorrect. Am I missing a post where Texas corrected everyone? Or maybe they simply didn't realize the wrong gym was being accused?

Is there a post/posts missing? I could have sworn I read on here that someone from Texas confirmed that the medium all girl 5 was what they thought that the video peep was after??? Something to the effect of yea bummer they got what they were looking for and referenced med all girl 5?? I could def be wrong, wouldn't be the first or last time LOL. I am thinking if I started a thread and noticed that someone was wrongly accused, I would jump in to clarify that even though I am not going to name the program, the accusations to the gym everyone is naming are incorrect. Am I missing a post where Texas corrected everyone? Or maybe they simply didn't realize the wrong gym was being accused?

I choreograph for WE and would never think that within their character.

I choreograph for WE and would never think that within their character.

Same here...I think where people are getting confused is that someone used a capital WE (and I think they meant it as in "we") and assumptions started. Every encounter I have had with Woodlands has been nothing short of respectful. The OP said the peep had to drive and hour and a half to get to the show off...I think Woodlands is closer to Texas then that. Probably more like Billy Bob's All Stars from Podunk, TX (no offense to Billy Bob's or Podunk, TX).

..But to me, it's not a 'public' showoff when you have to buy tickets? Public to me is free and anyone can get in..if you actually have to pay and STILL do it, that's kinda whack to me. You're not REALLY gonna benefit from it, as everybody ups their skills from now 'til worlds.

And that sucks for CA's teams. I'd been LIVID if I was all excited to see my friend/future child/sister/etc, only to realize that we couldn't because some jerk decided to come in and ruin it..lamesauce.

Back