All-Star After The 2013 Worlds, Trends I Would Like To See Die Fast....ok Go!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What needs to stop is people overhyping certain teams stunts for more than what they are.
Most of the inversions I saw this weekend were, yes, creative - but they were level 4.
It annoys me to the core when I read "OMG THIS STUNT GIVES ME LIFE" when I'm sitting over here thinking "I did this on senior 4."

Oh and the trend of having your team name and "or die" or anything relating to death needs to stop. You want to talk about making our sport making our sport look bad.

:kiss:

Did I leave claw marks, LOL?! :oops:

I don't see it as being that bad... It's like saying they give you life... Without them giving you life, there would be no one else to;)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Then phrase it differently bc most people don't like hearing about anything related to death, regardless of it's meaning. There's enough bad stuff in the world that we could stand to hear things a bit more positive, especially in our sport.
Just sayin....

Then phrase it differently bc most people don't like hearing about anything related to death, regardless of it's meaning. There's enough bad stuff in the world that we could stand to hear things a bit more positive, especially in our sport.
Just sayin....
I think If your life is personally affected by a cheer voice over something's wrong.

Something I hope doesn't become a trend...at Large Senior awards, they announced placements in the following order...

3rd
2nd
6th
5th
4th
1st

The last 2 teams remaining (in this case F5 and Senior Elite) were either going to win or not globe at all. Heartbreaking

It was the worst. I was there and people were completely confused. They didn't announce they were going to call them out of order. Expecting to hear 6th place, they start with 3rd. There was such a long pause and conversations, we thought maybe it was a mistake. As they moved on it just got worse, people were mumbling and grumbling and more long pauses. The people I sat next to thought maybe there was a tie for 1st. Maybe someone knows why they did it that way, it just didn't make sense.

The only other ceremony I went to was Large Coed and thankfully it went from 10 to 1.

I have never seen a level of awkwardness reach that high! I wish I had recorded it, because words just cannot describe it. It was like the world was flipped upside down, then time just stopped and it started raining WTFs.

Somebody mentioned it in another thread, but that is her only job, to read off the card. And this is hardly her first go round. She should seriously be replaced for that gaffe.

They are going to need some creative editing if they plan to use that footage for their ESPN show.

I started recording it, I am at work, so will have to look at it on my camera when I get home. I know my recording is peppered with WTFs because that's exactly what I was saying. I didn't get the last announcement of 1st place because she did it so fast, I didn't catch that one. So, this was a gaffe? I feel better if it was a gaffe and not the way they planned it. Either way it was unreal. I couldn't believe anyone actually planned to announce the World's placement of the most popular division that way. Coupled with the fact we had to walk down to that tent in that god-awful heat and humidity. It was the Twilight Zone! I walked out of there like a zombie. I was so confused, I thought for a second that F5 was 2nd, then I said, no that was Panthers, then I thought okay, Stars got 3rd. Then I remember thinking, so what did F5 get?

I think the large senior awards thing was just truly a mix up. I watched the UCA College live stream and they started at the last place team, then when they got to top 3, they set the cameras. They had the crowd make noise because that would be when they came back from commercial, then announced 3,2,1. My guess is that someone had a paper with all the scores on it but Amanda and Amy only had top 3 for tv purposes and she just got over excited and started reading. I wasn't there so I don't know for sure, but that's just my guess

I think the large senior awards thing was just truly a mix up. I watched the UCA College live stream and they started at the last place team, then when they got to top 3, they set the cameras. They had the crowd make noise because that would be when they came back from commercial, then announced 3,2,1. My guess is that someone had a paper with all the scores on it but Amanda and Amy only had top 3 for tv purposes and she just got over excited and started reading. I wasn't there so I don't know for sure, but that's just my guess

That's my guess too. They only film the top 3 placements. Maybe they just were so set on practicing the top 3 and getting those correct for TV that when they told them to go, they just started from there.

I'm sorry but I'm going to have to disagree with this one a little bit. Do I think the VIP seating was too large, yes. Do I think the VIP section is for those that shelled out the 25k per team (paid bids) that are there to support their clients, absolutely. There should be a happy medium I agree but I'm not gonna take anything away from the EP's that helped pay the way (or help pay the way) for teams to compete. JMO.

That's what I was saying to my teammates. If I shelled out $25K for the weekend, I'd want to be sitting front and center too.

No Large Coed scoresheets.

Idk if you've already seen it. Just in case...

BJIRIrGCEAAdFn1.jpg:large

That's my guess too. They only film the top 3 placements. Maybe they just were so set on practicing the top 3 and getting those correct for TV that when they told them to go, they just started from there.
Yeah, I don't see any way that was planned. Not going by all the reactions on stage when it happened. But again, this is hardly her first rodeo. How you could simply forget there are 6 teams sitting right in front of you, I have no idea!

1. I really don't think its appropriate to talk about love this team or kill yourself especially when there is the trend of kids killing themselves. Its just not cool.
2. I also really hate these skimpy little tiny uniforms that make even the tiniest athlete look ridiculous. And then people wonder why a large percentage of girls have body issues.
3. I don't care how many times you can tick tock or hit heel stretches or bow and arrows in a routine. Start being creative in your stunts. I think thats why I love WCSS first stunt in their World's routine. It wasn't a million tick tocks in a row. I also dislike the fifty million inversions that teams do in their pyramids again come up with something a little more creative.
4. Ipads at competitions.

Back