All-Star After The 2013 Worlds, Trends I Would Like To See Die Fast....ok Go!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

No offense to the EPs, but I don't think they should get priority seating over athletes & parents. I hear the arguments about how big the checks are that they write, but I would venture to say most of the bigger programs write much bigger checks to USASF each year than any single EP does. Either way, however, that money originates from the athletes and parents. They are the real VIPs.

I completely understand a parents frustration. I personally think that VIP area is too large. As a coach I personally prefer to go to the coaches room and watch bc it's less chaotic. Now as for the EP's, I think they should have the right to the seats. Everytime my teams came up we were approached before and after by the EP we were representing and spoken to. Without them we wouldn't be there. I think there needs to be a balance but idk exactly what it is or what it should be.

I was IN the arena to watch WWSC, TGLC and SSX live (my top 3 favorite performances from the weekend) and I will say watching those live is something ill never forget. I was in 3 different places in the venue and was able to enjoy each performance equally.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!
Thank you for answering bc I just wanted to get a different perspective from someone other than who is just an observer, but knows a lot of parents who really want to see their kids perform.

Thank you for answering bc I just wanted to get a different perspective from someone other than who is just an observer, but knows a lot of parents who really want to see their kids perform.
No worries. As I said before I completely understand the frustrations and I am hoping a balance can be reached. I did notice that more space was made available this year for coaches to sit front and center and not just in front of the music table. I will say for coaches that like to stand, the music box is about the only place to be. As for parents, I'd recommend the "side" of the mat. I honestly feel that more people were actually "recognized" by athletes on the floor from the side than in the front. Plus (from a former athletes perspective) once the music turns on I didn't see anyone LOL.

I was in several different areas of the arena as well.
*Far Upper Left Corner while my team was waiting to go to warmups
*A few rows back from the Infamous Fierce Board Section
*VIP Seating
*Up Top right where you walk in.

As someone else said, I enjoyed all of the performances I watched from every angle. I have to say my favorite was around the Fierceboard Section. I felt it had the best view.

My least favorite view was from the VIP Seating. There was no levels so even though sitting five rows back in VIP Seating, I left after the first few performances to go back to the Fierceboard Section. It really wasn't the best seating.

stomping. britni love is the only one allowed to do it. done.

Swaiin from Wildcats invented the stomp when she was a Panther. They can both do it! Lol
In regards to Dallas Cowboys Stadium. It currently holds the world record for the largest footprint of any sports venue...it's massive. The DCC hold a nationals each season with Spirit Celebration, they are able to run 2 floors and warm up on the field. A block away you have Arlington Convention Center, more than capable of handling Dance Worlds. A shuttle bus system can be used to move spectators between those venues. Need even more room you say? Right next to the stadium is Rangers Ballpark...which can be tented for awards.
Trust me if Jerry Jones smells the money he can get from cheer moms he would be all over this...

Swaiin from Wildcats invented the stomp when she was a Panther. They can both do it! Lol
In regards to Dallas Cowboys Stadium. It currently holds the world record for the largest footprint of any sports venue...it's massive. The DCC hold a nationals each season with Spirit Celebration, they are able to run 2 floors and warm up on the field. A block away you have Arlington Convention Center, more than capable of handling Dance Worlds. A shuttle bus system can be used to move spectators between those venues. Need even more room you say? Right next to the stadium is Rangers Ballpark...which can be tented for awards.
Trust me if Jerry Jones smells the money he can get from cheer moms he would be all over this...

I vote for this! sounds like you have it all worked out :) i can imagine that would be an awesome venue to compete in as an athlete.

I never said they didn't hit the scoresheet well. I said that hitting the scoresheet was second to putting out an impressive performance this year from them. And that's from a top gun athlete on the team!

I guess I should word it another way. I don't personally think they've had a lot of difficulty the past couple of years and/or hitting the scoresheet as well until this year. Worlds it about hitting the scoresheet AND the wow factor. To have one, but not the other isn't that impressive and/or entertaining at Worlds. They did BOTH this year and I thought they earned the gold much better this year.

Wow, you sure do it big in Texas!! (in a good way) :p But this sounds like a great plan! :)

I vote for this! sounds like you have it all worked out :) i can imagine that would be an awesome venue to compete in as an athlete.

If I could get paid what I do as nurse to be an EP or work for NCA I would be all over it. It's my favorite thing to do...party planning and event production. I keep trying to bribe Justin with baked goods but I don't think he's buying it!

Something I hope doesn't become a trend...at Large Senior awards, they announced placements in the following order...

3rd
2nd
6th
5th
4th
1st

The last 2 teams remaining (in this case F5 and Senior Elite) were either going to win or not globe at all. Heartbreaking

They did that!? That's reprehensible. Just go in order like normal people. Don't drag out their heartbreak and make it even worse. I always look at it like, at the end of the day (or long weekend in this case) these are STILL children and their feelings MUST be accounted for. I don't CARE if its a competition and losing is part of the game, blah blah. Yes. That's all true. But that does not mean build them up build them up, then be like oh just kidding, you didn't globe at all. Ugh. So sad. And F5 is so amazing. I hope they don't do that again!

Ashley

Shoes flying off the mat - because apparently some people feel shoes staying on your feet is way to mainstream,

Mesh on any part of a uniform - stop being creative just use the KISS rule of design: Keep It Simple Stupid,
...to add to that, no ridiculous cutouts either...or ugly sublimation ...or overly sparkly uniforms that look like a five year old had an accident with their glitter pens

Deserve - like every other person in this thread has said it's tacky and I hate it

Music that's in the top 40's - seriously I would love if people would use some old school mayday parade, alexisonfire (it's metal but would be so sick for tumbling), artist vs poet, the cab, ADTR, hawk Nelson, something different people!

What I would do to have mayday parade music in my routine!!

Its becoming a trend...

Crappy Live Stream.

I missed half of my favorite teams, and it barely was able to work for me to see South Elite. 50 bucks for that? I'd pay about 5 cents because it was horrible.

Someone said the NCA or Cheersport(?) livestream (i cant remember which) was amazing.... I wish that company would cover worlds...

Back