All-Star Amazing Level 2 Teams?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Already done - my daughter's best friend is on Cali J2 and she said, "Mom I know I'm a winner - my friend needs to know she's a winner too" gave her friend her Dallas jacket.
Wow! I could only hope and pray my child some day in the future turns out as sweet as yours. This is what this sport is about! Not finding anyway you can to get a jacket but knowing that just because you got out there and performed your best even though you knew you were not likely to win because of things you of your control makes you the true winners in everyones eyes!

Jersey didn't have what I consider 2 hit routines at cheersport. As far as the girls are concerned, they lost because of that and not because of anything else.

This is how our program thinks too. If you didn't hit your routine, then that's the biggest concern. We concentrate on doing our best, and that's all we can control.

I am a parent and my daughter has been on a level 3 team at Cheersport many years ago and a team beat my team that normally competed level five but competed level 3 to win. Our coaches knew this and just told our girls that they were going to have to work that much harder to win. They never said the other team is cheating or anything like that. They did end up getting second and losing to that team. They deserved to win and we congratulated them. They did not cheat. They threw tucks and standing two back handsprings like we did and did LEGAL level 3 stunts. So calling them cheaters would be ignorant to the sport.
What Rockstar did was not even as bad as that. I watched them this weekend and they looked just as clean as all of there teams ALWAYS do, no matter the level. I believe that is there specialty. In, that routine I didn't see one athlete in the middle of everything.

If there was this AMAZING level five athlete... I couldn't pick her out! If she was that good you would think they would put her in the front of everything? Right? I would also like to comment that just because an athlete has level 5 tumbling doesn't make her a level 5 jumper, dancer, or stunter. My daughter was on a level 3 team one year and was working on a double! And I understood why. She couldn't do any level 5 baskets, her jumps weren't the best then and her stunting ability wasn't there yet.

I think who we should be worried about are the parents I heard scream out and yell CHEATERS and little kids. If you act that way when you get beat how is your child going to act. They didn't break any rule or cheat so to call them cheaters is just stupid. I think what they did was fine and if you disagree then that's fine too but they did nothing ILLEGAL or against any rules so just say you don't agree... cheating is not the right word.
Also, congrats to Rockstar! All three teams looked great this weekend and I never heard one parent or cheerleader bad mouth any teams that bad mouthed them all weekend long! I heard them telling teams good luck and I rode in an elevator with one of The Who cheerleaders and when she got off she told everyone in the elevator good luck. That's class when a whole room full of PARENTS boos you and you never say a word back. I don't know about you but I was not that poised when I was there age?

I'm actually not. My daughter cheers at a gym near their state so we see them compete at a lot of local competitions.

I'm actually not. My daughter cheers at a gym near their state so we see them compete at a lot of local competitions.

Id probably side with Admin. You don't have many posts but even posts years ago you were talking about rockstar. Just kind of ironic. Kind of like me talking about Prime Tyme which is close to us and in our state and they are really good but I really don't say much about them. So I find it odd that over all this time the only gym you ever bring up is Rockstar.

I think who we should be worried about are the parents I heard scream out and yell CHEATERS and little kids. If you act that way when you get beat how is your child going to act. They didn't break any rule or cheat so to call them cheaters is just stupid. I think what they did was fine and if you disagree then that's fine too but they did nothing ILLEGAL or against any rules so just say you don't agree... cheating is not the right word.

No, you are correct. They didn't break any rules. However, I think that everyone knows exactly why the rules that are in place, are there. It's not about breaking rules for most people, it's about staying within the spirit of the rules that are in place. Are people really so ignorant to think that the staff of NCA sits around thinking up rules saying "Wow! I can't wait to see who figures out how to get around THESE! What a fine day that will be to reward the person who figures out how to work the system!!" No, they don't. And that is where the issue lies. Anybody with a head on their shoulders knows why things are set up at this competition the way that they are, and what the intent is. It's about integrity.

No, you are correct. They didn't break any rules. However, I think that everyone knows exactly why the rules that are in place, are there. It's not about breaking rules for most people, it's about staying within the spirit of the rules that are in place. Are people really so ignorant to think that the staff of NCA sits around thinking up rules saying "Wow! I can't wait to see who figures out how to get around THESE! What a fine day that will be to reward the person who figures out how to work the system!!" No, they don't. And that is where the issue lies. Anybody with a head on their shoulders knows why things are set up at this competition the way that they are, and what the intent is. It's about integrity.

"ITS ABOUT INTEGRITY"

I am a parent and my daughter has been on a level 3 team at Cheersport many years ago and a team beat my team that normally competed level five but competed level 3 to win. Our coaches knew this and just told our girls that they were going to have to work that much harder to win. They never said the other team is cheating or anything like that. They did end up getting second and losing to that team. They deserved to win and we congratulated them. They did not cheat. They threw tucks and standing two back handsprings like we did and did LEGAL level 3 stunts. So calling them cheaters would be ignorant to the sport.
What Rockstar did was not even as bad as that. I watched them this weekend and they looked just as clean as all of there teams ALWAYS do, no matter the level. I believe that is there specialty. In, that routine I didn't see one athlete in the middle of everything.

If there was this AMAZING level five athlete... I couldn't pick her out! If she was that good you would think they would put her in the front of everything? Right? I would also like to comment that just because an athlete has level 5 tumbling doesn't make her a level 5 jumper, dancer, or stunter. My daughter was on a level 3 team one year and was working on a double! And I understood why. She couldn't do any level 5 baskets, her jumps weren't the best then and her stunting ability wasn't there yet.

Also, congrats to Rockstar! All three teams looked great this weekend and I never heard one parent or cheerleader bad mouth any teams that bad mouthed them all weekend long! I heard them telling teams good luck and I rode in an elevator with one of The Who cheerleaders and when she got off she told everyone in the elevator good luck. That's class when a whole room full of PARENTS boos you and you never say a word back. I don't know about you but I was not that poised when I was there age?

You're absolutely right in that they did nothing that was illegal according to the rules. However, we all know that while an action may be legal, it may be far from ethical, and that is the distinction I think most here are making. I know when I heard about this I checked to see if this would affect our gym's level 2 juniors - fortunately not- and they came back with jackets. However, had they been in the same division as Rockstar, I think I can safely say there would have been a lot of angry parents and supporters in the hall seething BEFORE the teams even went on. In some ways that is the worst outcome of all from this, an atmosphere of resentment was created where there should have just been intense competition. I am sure by the time they got to NCA, all the teams going against Rockstar knew the situation and were (pardon my presumption) angry about it. This has been talked about to death - BUT taking a mix of 2,3,4 and a 5 level athletes and bringing them all down to the lowest level will never be seen as anything but stacking. The argument about how those 3,4 and 5 level athletes are not all upper level in all skills doesn't wash. Most level 2 teams are made of athletes that aren't across the board level 2, there will usually be level 1's in the mix as well, and probably level 3's, but 4's and a 5 - not likely.
All of that being said, I absolutely do not condone the shouting of "cheaters" if that was done. Hold your head high and know your team did their best, do not stoop to that level of unsportsmanlike behavior. However, that may be easier said than done in the heat of the moment when emotions are running high and you feel someone did "take" something that they did not truly earn. I saw Rockstar compete for the first time at Atlanta's NCA one day this year and was very impressed. Then all this came out and it really left a bad impression in my mind about the gym, and that is exceedingly unfortunate. Rightly or wrongly, I think the gym has paid a very high price for those jackets.

I would NOT want my daughter to compete with a "sandbagged" team just for the sake of winning. A whole team of athletes competing out of level is just not right, even if it's within the rules. It makes me sad that all this has happened. Sad for the kids of Rockstar, and sad for the kids on the losing end. I have a feeling if the kids from the losing team did point and yell cheaters that their program will handle it at the next practice, if it has not already been handled. No they were not right if that is what they did, however you can't help but understand. Life lessons don't always come easy and I would like to believe that ALL involved will have learned something from this unfortunate situation.

Someone else on here has to be imagining all the woefully cliche movie moments with the 'bad' team vs the 'good' team right now..I am.

I am also sad that now whenever I think of the band, my mind will be tainted with stacked teams and sandbagging. And all my non-cheer friends will wonder why my face is contorting into ugly positions of pain and sadness.

Someone else on here has to be imagining all the woefully cliche movie moments with the 'bad' team vs the 'good' team right now..I am.

I am also sad that now whenever I think of the band, my mind will be tainted with stacked teams and sandbagging. And all my non-cheer friends will wonder why my face is contorting into ugly positions of pain and sadness.

I imagine Horatio Caine doing this:
horatio-caine-csi.jpg

You know it isn't good when Horatio does this.

Back