OT Any Retail Workers?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
i worked at McDonalds. (not retail sorry)
but still.
so the Mcdonalds i worked at was two floors top floor for dine in and bottom for drive thru. so basically soda ice cream were down stairs like it would be up stairs.
a lady comes trough and orders ice cream my ice cream machine shuts down at 10 *if anyones ever worked with an ice cream machience it shuts down when it needs to be clean on its own.
me: the ice cream machine is out of service right now you can try up stairs.
costumer: whats mc donalds with out ice cream
*takes off before i could say anything*
so the customer comes back in 5 minutes cuts the line and then come to my window to say "thought you said there wasnt ice cream b***** " and throws her cone straight at me.
i couldnt stop laughing. of course i was upset lol but funny at the same time.

I work at h&m....we have some crazy customers there...believe me!
we have a lot italians customers because Italy is near us and they are the craziest.

I worked at The Gap at one point. The collection of songs they used to send us every month which was the only music we were allowed to play drove us apeshit by the end of the first week of listening.

I worked at Walgreens in high school, so the rule was I had to be done working at 10 (we were a 24 hour store). The woman who took over the register for the night shift was ALWAYS late. One night I was waiting on her to get inside (it was about 10:45 mind you), and some woman comes up with a completely full cart of groceries. I rang it all up, bagged it, and she swiped her food stamps card, and it would not read. I gave her a little bag to wrap around it, still nothing. She handed it to me and told me to swipe it, which I couldn't, on those registers anything needing a PIN number could not be done by the cashier. I explained that to her, and she was NOT having it, saying other people have done it here before (no, they havent).

Tried calling the manager who was in the back doing the counts for the night, he said the same thing. I told her there was nothing I could do (by this time another cashier had to come up and ring people up because she was holding my line up). She starts slamming things around, screaming at me, telling me how stupid I am, cussing at me, etc. I was horrified since the whole store was now staring at me. She finally stormed out.

The other customers came up to me, offered to put everything back, and one who worked across the street at Starbucks told me to come in the next day to get a coffee on the house.

There was also a homeless lady who would come in a lot and we would always stand around and chat. I felt horrible for her, she had no family to talk to, but she was always so nice. I usually went across the street to Taco Bell for lunch, and eventually started bringing her a meal as well, or just inviting her to walk over with me and eat/chat there. Her face would always light up when I offered to do that :)

I don't work in retail but I work for a parking company. So I'm that annoying girl in orange at all the football, soccer, basketball games and all the concerts, plays, and other events trying to get you to park where you're supposed to. It's like pulling teeth. I've had people tell me they were going to sue me if their car got towed (for them parking in the wrong spot), that I ruined their lives because they couldn't park wherever they wanted to, and I've had people try to hit me with their cars because they got mad. I've had water bottles thrown at me and I've been cussed at and even spit at. People are so disrespectful!

And what most people don't know, we have tow trucks on hand and if a customer is being disrespectful and not doing what we are asking, we simply call the tow trucks and take care of the situation that way. So always be nice to your traffic directors:)

So, this wasn't me working at Starbucks but I was there when a lady asked for a frappachino and also a slice of cheesecake......normal request(since it's in a B&N and they sell cheesecake along with other random food items at the Starbucks inside) until she asks for the poor girl working register to BLEND the cheesecake into her frappachino, then proceeds to get mad when the girl says she's not sure if they're allowed to do that (it could mess up the blenders and make it horrible to clean, I'm sure). The lady screams in this girl's face and says "fine, if you won't do it then just give me my order and I'll do it myself!". :confused: Craziest moment of sitting in Starbucks ever.

When I was in college, I worked as an assistant manager at a record store. After a while the customers all blur together, but i remember the girl who quit after one day because the job was (in her words) "exhausting". That's a phrase I have never seen attached to working at a record store before or since.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

l
I work in retail, and have for about 6 years...my whole family does as well! At the dinner table we can talk for hours about stories from crazy customers that are anywhere from psycho, to adorable old people! So my question is what are your stories?! I loooove funny retail stories :) Like the ones when customers freak out when you ask them if you can look up their rewards card by their phone number...or the ones who pitch a fit because of a price difference of 20 cents? If you need to vent, do it here!

lol, i wish i read this thread first! i am in the restaurant business and just posted a threat with a rant about how rude some people can be!

So, this wasn't me working at Starbucks but I was there when a lady asked for a frappachino and also a slice of cheesecake......normal request(since it's in a B&N and they sell cheesecake along with other random food items at the Starbucks inside) until she asks for the poor girl working register to BLEND the cheesecake into her frappachino, then proceeds to get mad when the girl says she's not sure if they're allowed to do that (it could mess up the blenders and make it horrible to clean, I'm sure). The lady screams in this girl's face and says "fine, if you won't do it then just give me my order and I'll do it myself!". :confused: Craziest moment of sitting in Starbucks ever.
Ewwww! That's nasty!

I recently got a job at Tillys and one day at work two middle school aged girls came in and starting taking pictures by the sun glasses rack and one of them knocked a bunch of sunglasses on the floor then began to kick them all over the area... WHY.
What in the WORLD would posses these girls to do that. Once my manger started walking over to them they ran and of course I had to pick them up -_-

I work at a sandwich shop called Ike's Place and I had to pick up dog poop yesterday....

with my hands. I threw up.

My manager was like, yeeeaaaahh, its pretty gross, im gonna need you to go pick that up...

Back