All-Star Are Some Cheer Parents Just Too Much?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

As a judge.... ohhhh the stories I have about outrageous cheer parents. Ive seen moms wearing unis, crimped hair in side ponys, giant bows, full glitter make up, shirtless dad with stomach painted "My daughter came from this *arrow pointing down*".... mom that sneaked in white wine in water bottles and was having a AMAZING time in the stands..
. you name it.. ive seen it.

OMG. I am absolutely mortified for his poor daughter. I think if I ever had one of our dads come to a competition like that, I'd have to ask him to leave. Oh dear.

OMG. I am absolutely mortified for his poor daughter. I think if I ever had one of our dads come to a competition like that, I'd have to ask him to leave. Oh dear.
and he wasnt the only dad up in the stands with their belly painted.....
OHH TEXAS CHEERLEADING.

CoachJessNHS said:
Or how about the crazy cheer moms who call the coach! at least 4 times a week...just a little bit obsessive!?

I once got a VERY long email from a parent who was upset that her daughter didn't have a good spot in the tumbling section...this girl didn't have a bhs. And we were level 3. She was on the team in the first place to appease crazy mom.

I had another parent, when I coached a senor team, no less, come tearing into practice because we had her daughter basing instead of flying. Now, clearly that's the coaches' decision to begin with, but on top of it, the child had just let us know she didn't want to fly anymore. It was one of those moments I wished for closed practices, lol.

As a judge.... ohhhh the stories I have about outrageous cheer parents. Ive seen moms wearing unis, crimped hair in side ponys, giant bows, full glitter make up, shirtless dad with stomach painted "My daughter came from this *arrow pointing down*".... mom that sneaked in white wine in water bottles and was having a AMAZING time in the stands..

I bet he had a mullet!

Is it sad that I'm very rarely shocked as to what level some people will stoop to? You can never really say you've seen it all, because there's always someone to set the bar all over again.

I remember one of (if not the only) competition my mom came to (I was on Open, not a big deal lol), was at Six Flags. I remember some mom had on a big sparkly bow and looked ready to go to cheer practice. My mother was floored..I mean, she was a dance mom, but cheer moms won out in this regard lol

I have never understood...as a parent...why these crazy folks pay all this money to a coach who knows what they are doing to then try to tell them what to do.....I try to teach my girls to just be happy you are on the team....doesnt matter where you stand...it takes a WHOLE team to win...some parents slay me....bahahaha

I have found that a majority of cheer parents are pretty level headed but, there are the few who feel the need to live vicariously through their children that give cheer parents a bad name. Especially the moms who wear their CPs National Champion jackets!

When Small Senior X won Cheersport last year they got me a jacket as the team dad. Hope no one minds if I wear it with pride to comps.

I agree the worst thing is when I hear about cheer moms talking about another child that isn't their own
this happened to me last season. A mom had a lot to say about me, and she would talk about me in front of other girls on my team. one of them told me in warmups about what she had been saying... needless to say i was furious. i mean, i talk about other people on my teams when i'm mad/frustrated but my mom would NEVER repeat what i say, especially in front of my teammates! we competed and i stormed off the floor bawling. i finally found my mom and i was ready to RIP into this other mother... my mom had to physically hold me back so i wouldnt scream at her in the middle of the competition arena! i was really upset so i told my coach and he said he would handle it. after we told the gym owners about all the nonsense they said they would make our practices closed to parents. that never happened and this other mother didnt apologize... needless to say we found a new gym for this year.

athletes will always talk about their teammates. were all guilty of it. but when a parent starts talking about someone on the team in a negative way... that crosses the line. its disrespectful and just makes you look like a sorry excuse for a human being.

Parents living through their children are bound to make it miserable for many, but mostly their own child. There is a difference between guiding and protecting your child, versus walking all over other athletes and parents to get their own child where they want them to be. It's "cheap" and in poor taste.

How about abusive and intolerable coaches? Perhaps that belongs in its own thread.

Back