All-Star Best Excuses To Miss Practice...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My mom was getting married, I was maid of honor....we planned her wedding JUST FINE around my practice time later that night. i hopped in the car, my aunt drove me the 45 minutes to my car pool, and we continued to drive another hour to practice. I made it on time and my mom wouldn't have planned it any other way. missing a practice right before showcase would be unheard of and unacceptable in my family, sorry we are dedicated.
My birthday also falls on a competition pretty much never fail just about every year....why would i want to spend my birthday anywhere else than with all my cheer people and performing? seriously, what could be better???

Me too! When's yours? Mines February 20th.
Mine is the 22, but we celebrate it a bit early since we're already with my team and in a big, beautiful city like ATL. The environment at Cheersport just makes it sooooooooooooo much better. <3

Oh... another fav.... "Uh, Coach... I can't come to practice tonight"... "Oh, why, what's up?".... "Well, I have eczema".... "and?"..... "Well, it looks gross, and I can't find my leggins that I usually wear under my shorts, so if I come to practice everyone will see it". (pause, as I try to wrap my brain around this one)... "Okay, so do you only have one pair of leggins?".... "Well, no, but I can't find my favorite pair"... "Uh, throw on the non-favorites ones and we'll turn down the lights in the gym"... "Really?" ... "sure thing"..."Great, I'll tell my Mom"... (our gym didn't have a dimmer switch, but she didn't need to know that).

I coach 5-8th grade middle school cheer...

I've gotten I'm too hungover....IT'S A WEDNESDAY..FIRST OFF WHY WERE YOU DRINKING AND 2 IT WAS A SCHOOL NIGHT....

My FAVORITE of all time was..."I fell out of my desk today at school....can i not jump stunt or tumble......"

my other favorite was..I broke my wrist brushing my hair and i'm going to the hospital......she was fine the next day.. and never went to the hospital.

Oh... another fav.... "Uh, Coach... I can't come to practice tonight"... "Oh, why, what's up?".... "Well, I have eczema".... "and?"..... "Well, it looks gross, and I can't find my leggins that I usually wear under my shorts, so if I come to practice everyone will see it". (pause, as I try to wrap my brain around this one)... "Okay, so do you only have one pair of leggins?".... "Well, no, but I can't find my favorite pair"... "Uh, throw on the non-favorites ones and we'll turn down the lights in the gym"... "Really?" ... "sure thing"..."Great, I'll tell my Mom"... (our gym didn't have a dimmer switch, but she didn't need to know that).
Wayta duck that fashion emergency(;
no but seriously, i love how you handled that.. it got her to come to practice, it helped her not feel embarrassed....... (still trying to fully wrap MY head around it tho lol) and it made for a great story(;
ETA

Wayta duck that fashion emergency(;
no but seriously, i love how you handled that.. it got her to come to practice, it helped her not feel embarrassed....... (still trying to fully wrap MY head around it tho lol) and it made for a great story(;
ETA
Thanks, she was a great kid, just self conscious, and when she walked in and they were all excited to see her she forgot all about the dim lights (or lack thereof) and the eczema... and as a bonus, I got a full team practice out of the deal!! ;)

Thanks, she was a great kid, just self conscious, and when she walked in and they were all excited to see her she forgot all about the dim lights (or lack thereof) and the eczema... and as a bonus, I got a full team practice out of the deal!! ;)
I completely understand the self conscious thing. Been there waaay too many times! lol, and that's awesome that she completely forgot about it, though! :) Nothing worse than not being able to enjoy doing something you love because of small insecurities that may seem sooo much more noticeable to you than they really are to anyone else.

so in the 6 years I've cheered, I've missed ONE practice and I felt so bad about it. but I had a fever of about 103 and had been like that for several days, my mom called my coaches and told them I'd totally go to practice and just and watch but my coach insisted I stayed home.

as for excuses I've heard from teammates:
-I couldn't find my shoes
-I forgot we had practice
-I had to study
-I had no ride

Back