All-Star Best Poofs

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Can we NOT say all relaxers are bad????

Seriously, people - and by "people," I mean @Just-a-Mom.
@Kris10boo , take the child to a stylist who does the Japanese Thermal process using the Rusk relaxer. Japanese thermal lasts longer than Brazilian blowout and the Rusk chemical is less heavy-duty than many relaxers. We've been getting it done on cp's hair for 3 years now and her hair is bone straight and perfectly healthy. It's expensive as h-e-double, but she gets it done twice a year and that's good enough.
She won't be happy until it's straight, so just do it, but do it the right way. You can't convince her to love her curls if she just doesn't. I don't love some of things about myself and haven't "learned to love" them in my 30+ years, so good luck with that.
Plus, you'll save yourself a WHOLE lot of flat iron, braiding and pig tail time if it's straight. Trust.

@Mamarazzi - my point is that relaxer isn't needed. Not that it's bad. I LIKE her hair curly - and until she is 18 and paying for her own hair do's she'll do what I like, and what I like to pay for. ;) If she wants to go get an "expensive as h-e-double" Japanese Thermal Rusk relaxer thing, she can call Aunt-a-razzi to pay for it. She doesn't have kinky hair. She has big curls. It doesn't need to be relaxed. Every so often she likes to just wear it curly anyway.

And a SIX year old's hair NEVER EVER EVER needs to be relaxed. Ever. Under any circumstances. For any reason. @Kris10boo 's daughter is 6. Not 12, 17, or whatever. And her hair is GORGEOUS with those curls - and she definitely doesn't need to pay for a relaxer so she can do a good pouf for cheer. :eek:

Ok poufers...you may have your thread back.:)

Not yet, poufers...

@Just-a-Mom , I didn't say Juniorboo's hair wasn't beautiful. What I said was she probably can't MAKE her child like what God blessed her with. I also said that she would save herself time, effort and energy. And I also said that that MY cp's hair is perfectly healthy, thereby implying that the right process won't ruin hair.
And as for little girls not needing relaxers, let's be real. It's hard enough for white mothers of biracial girls to learn to make a straight part, let alone become adept at using the right amount of product, heat, etc.

I'm obviously not biracial lol, but I do have some crazy thick curly hair. I used to hate it when I was in like 7th grade and would get up an hour early to straighten it everyday, and I begged my mom to let me get a straight perm. But now that I've found the right shampoo and frizz cream and such to put in it, I love it. I rarely straighten it any more and even when I do people say it looks better the way it is naturally. I'm so thankful that I didn't do anything drastic when I was younger. My curly hair is unique and I've grown to love it :)

My daughter would wear her hair straight everyday if she could. She is only 6, she wants her hair to be like mine and all the other white girls hair.

So I try to encourage her to wear it curly and to embrace what she has! She hates it! This year for her first grade school pictures she started crying saying she wanted her hair straight for pics and I almost didn't let her do it but I gave in.
I've heard that a relaxer would definitely fix my babies problem but it would also ruin her hair. This is her hair when it's curly...
44354665-b58f-9fc1.jpg

if her hair didn't look like this afterwards I'd regret doing it!:(

I use a flat iron on her hair; I've never tried the pressing comb. So that may help. When I straighten her hair she loves it because she says she looks like beyonce...
44354665-b615-e67c.jpg

44354665-b6ce-99d8.jpg

But even then the back looks cute but after like an hour her roots start crinkling up and then I make her put her hair up because it looks a mess!

So I'm going to try the pressing comb so thank you for your advice!!!
As far as the relaxer I'm just so uncertain!!
I wouldn't put a relaxer in her hair!!! No way! Go easy on the pressing comb too or you will burn her hair. She looks bi-racial - she is such a cutie!!! I would stick with the straightner...my daughter is bi-racial and has the same problem. It lasts for a little while then gets messy. She will be alright :)

I wouldn't put a relaxer in her hair!!! No way! Go easy on the pressing comb too or you will burn her hair. She looks bi-racial - she is such a cutie!!! I would stick with the straightner...my daughter is bi-racial and has the same problem. It lasts for a little while then gets messy. She will be alright :)
Sorry didn't read all the posts...I see now she is bi-racial. Not like I couldn't tell. lol

Back