All-Star Ca Charlotte Is A Thing

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

How. Many. Threads. Do. We. Need. About. Wawa? :mad:

Seriously. .. USE THE SEARCH BAR. If people need to use the search bar to talk about cheer stuff, they most assuredly need to use it to have this same convo we have about Wawa every week.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
I am not looking to discuss Wawas, just a simple comment ??? :0

I'm convinced hot salty mcdonalds fries are one of mankind's greatest gifts to humanity.

Someone told me once that while McDonald's fries are made from potatoes, they really don't taste like a potato. They taste like "McDonald's Fries". After thinking about it, I realized she was absolutely right. No taste like them in the world. And when they are fresh/hot/salty...nothing is better!

I certainly hope so too! But i still have a feeling that if new families wanted to join (that new nothing of any drama or about worlds teams anything like that completely new) wouldn't they have done so already? What is going to make Cheer Athletics appeal that little bit more?

I feel like if i was a new cheer parent I'd choose the gym that has been around the longest. As I'd have no clue who CA are!

I'm sure being the gym that they are and having the reputation they have, they would of researched this but I'm just trying to work out how Charlotte came about, compared to towns/states that have very little gyms.

*my opinions do not reflect that of the gym in my name, I'm just curious.

If I was a new parent who had absolutely no knowledge of AS, I would do my homework, much in the same way I'd choose a doctor or perhaps a daycare- heck, even any other recreational sport. I'd check their reputation, creditials (coaches- certified, background checks, drug policy, etc), word of mouth, pending lawsuits, safety, cost, proximity (although for the best doctor I'd go anywhere if I could afford it), scheduling conflicts, required committment level, their mission statement, dependability, reliability, and social media (though that would fall mostly under the part of their reputation)- just off the top of my head.

That's alphabet soup, y'all!!

Great for some reason you just triggered my OCD and I have to list them in alphebetical order
CA, CAC, CEA :oops:

Western (tomato based) BBQ > eastern (vinegar based) BBQ

Just sayin.

But all those eastern nc people will argue with me about that. ;)

Not me...Sonny's all the way baby!

Last edited by a moderator:
Do people think when Frisco was opened it didn't affect other programs in that area? Or even the Austin location? Cuz it sure has. Austin Cheer Factory when from 8 teams I believe to 3. They know kids will leave and come be apart of the name and same will happen in Charlotte.

Even the happy will leave. Many won't believe how crazy it will be till they are in your backyard and you train kids the next year they leave so you train more kids and they leave. It must be real nice to inherit so much talent levels 1-5 from programs all over the dfw area.

Do people think when Frisco was opened it didn't affect other programs in that area? Or even the Austin location? Cuz it sure has. Austin Cheer Factory when from 8 teams I believe to 3. They know kids will leave and come be apart of the name and same will happen in Charlotte.

This, ACF lost so many kids to them.
& ACF was good, they use to be competition for us and it was fun going against them. Those kids were actually on winning teams and they still jumped ship for a name.

Sure there were kids who maybe didn't like the coaching style, or maybe it was 5 mins closer, or more cost effective so I get there are people who left for different reasons, not just for a popular name but I will tell you they didn't leave because they weren't good because ACF was so good at all levels!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This, ACF lost so many kids to them.
& ACF was good, they use to be competition for us and it was fun going against them. Those kids were actually on winning teams and they still jumped ship for a name.

Sure there were kids who maybe didn't like the coaching style, or maybe it was 5 mins closer, or more cost effective so I get there are people who left for different reasons, not just for a popular name but I will tell you they didn't leave because they weren't good because ACF was so good at all levels!

It's really hard to imagine, I'm sure, but the "name" didn't become a "name" because it was inferior. Trophies and Jackets aren't what defines every program. And it should never be a sole reason to choose one gym over another. Some things that to me are more important than a jacket or trophy: my child's safety, my child's progression, my child's happiness, my child's stress level, quality coaches, and a gym that's not catering to Susie's mom.

It's really hard to imagine, I'm sure, but the "name" didn't become a "name" because it was inferior. Trophies and Jackets aren't what defines every program. And it should never be a sole reason to choose one gym over another. Some things that to me are more important than a jacket or trophy: my child's safety, my child's progression, my child's happiness, my child's stress level, quality coaches, and a gym that's not catering to Susie's mom.

This.

If you judge a program solely by the number of jackets it wins, you're missing the entire point of the sport.

I agree I added the last paragraph for clarification because I know there are other reasons like the ones you mentioned and the ones that are more beneficial. Also when a lot of people leave it makes the team selection harder to accommodate everyone so for some that may even be the reason. Like worlds teams and everything else. If my kid was at ACF and worlds eligible like she was actually good enough I would of went too. I get there are many factors but it took away other wise happy kids.

I'm not bashing them I just want to throw that out there, but everyone is talking about the kids it will take from CAC or CEA it's no different then the kids it took from ACF. Sorry if it came across that way

lets not let facts get in the way of good mud slinging. I agree with MsTealToYou... it is a double standard when it comes to "business practices". CEA is "dirty", or "shady" when they open a gym near another gym in the state. Lets not acknowledge the fact that we (CEA) had over 80 athletes driving the 2 hours to get to K-ville (many for level 5 teams). With that many driving, why not open another gym and allow us to get closer to fielding a team in all the worlds divisions? But that is shady, and we are clearly "stealing" athletes. Success "recruits" or "steals" athletes... all we offer is an open door to whomever wants to join the family. There is a prevailing narrative amongst some of the other gyms in our area about how AWFUL the Popes are as people and coaches... then we get a few kids in from those gyms, and all we hear from them is about how wrong everything they were told was. About how they were openly lied to by their old coaches about CEA. I could put you in contact with at least 20 right now who have left some of our closest (proximity-wise) competitors... and they are a part of the army now... sold out... because they see how it REALLY is in the gym. I have seen MANY of these other gym owners show their rear ends to former athletes and other gym owners, but I have never once seen my gym owner do it. But she is the "shady" one.... RIGHT.

The fact that you add One United to this list just makes me laugh... you are clearly one of the (VERY predictable) group of people who spew HATE at everything CEA does, or you just dont know that whole story.

1- And I could put you in contact with approx 20 from just one location who left at the end of last season for some shall I just be polite and say "concerning behaviors and/or practices".
2- Interesting since you've actually been at that gym longer and I can think of at least one story straight out of the owner's mouth within the first two months we joined (and I'll keep it nice and just leave it at that for now since I actually care about a fair number of athletes and their parents within the program) *and neither one of my responses involve my own personal reasons/experiences FWIW.

Sometimes it's just better to be more like @mstealtoyou when replying to hotbed topics concerning CEA, in my humble opinion. Nothing personal, but your replies often come across hostile, which only adds fuel to the fire and seem to hurt rather than help your point of view- and I know that's not your intention, so again- it's nothing personal.

First, Whataburger is a Texas staple. It's blasphemous to say we'd have to travel to NC to eat there. Kidding! But they are everywhere here.

Second, for all the pharmacy/fast food references to gyms being next door to each other and it's no biggie: last I checked CVS didn't make me sign a year long contract to only shop there. There's a slight difference in those examples.

I'm 37 and the first one I ever ate at was in Florida as a kid- at least 25 ago.

Back