All-Star California Soul 5 Gospel Theme....

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

haha nooo I'm a huge Romney supporter (read: I cried until my nose bled on election night)...that debate clip just seemed like a good voiceover.

I hate the binders full of women thing. It makes me so mad how people use that as an excuse and clearly don't know what was meant by it. :p Sorry if I offended you or anything but it gets my blood boilin haha

In 2007 a team from NH did a patriotic theme and had bits and pieces of the american flag on their back so when they did shoulder sits it made the full flag and they ended up god bless the USA .. and they got a standing ovation .. and they got some boo's .. you cant please everyone unfortunately. Let there be peace - and I second the request to lock the thread
That is just awesome. Actually, I think it would be a cool thing for Team USA to do, if it wasn't so controversial.

I don't even know what to say about the religion thing. If it had happened a couple of years ago when my dad was a youth minster and I was on that team, I am almost positive he would have pulled me out because fight all you want but some of that choreo/voice overs are not right.

I did get a kick out of the girl weaving through the tumbling....

I think the prayer thing at Cali is getting blown out of proportion. It's not like they are having mass or reciting the scripture....it's a simple thank you prayer acknowledging a higher being and being grateful for the opportunity to participate in this wonderful sport of Cheerleading. It's recognizing that athletes in our industry are so fortunate to be as talented as they are....it's for team bonding. It's for so many other things too! It's a simple 2 min prayer to thank who ever you want for a happy and healthy life. There are no bible references in the prayer...there is nothing religious posted on our walls in our gym. You don't have to bow down before walking onto the gym floor. There are many people of different faiths at our gym. One girl who is Jewish doesn't participate in the prayer and another girl never participates because she simply doesn't want to. The gym does not force their religious beliefs/views on anyone ever. Our gym director and coaches are normal people not nuns and priests :)
I should clarify that we are at the Cali Livermore location.

Georgia Allstars somewhere around 2001 had the best gospel themed music ever for their then senior prep division. I think cheermusicpro did their music at the time but not sure if he did that mix. Worth sharing if anyone has it.

I don't even know what to say about the religion thing. If it had happened a couple of years ago when my dad was a youth minster and I was on that team, I am almost positive he would have pulled me out because fight all you want but some of that choreo/voice overs are not right.

I did get a kick out of the girl weaving through the tumbling....

I enjoy the daddy daughter dialogue ... Oh shhhii.... DADDY.... oh no....IT'S HER ANKLE.... Get up get up.

That is just awesome. Actually, I think it would be a cool thing for Team USA to do, if it wasn't so controversial.
the cool thing about it was that no one knew what they were doing when they were getting on eachothers shoulders and turning around with their arms around eachother and as they turned around it was god bless the usa - it was beautiful.. one of those moments you wish you were filming but you didnt know :/ they got a standing ovation, some people were crying and some booing (prob just because there are some people out there that think that some topics should be left alone )

I think people need to relax. Its not like they are pushing their beliefs on you, saying jesus hates you if you don't believe in him and only him.

hahahaha when I first read this, I thought you said "just saying jesus hates you if you don't believe in him and only him." i had to do a double take to see that my mind added that just. but i almost died laughing.

And yea, I get both sides of the story, but at the end of the day I couldn't fully "enjoy" this routine and their skills because I was sort of cringing at the theme.

I think in the past, the difference has been gospel themed music as opposed to gospel themed music AND choreography, which added a new layer of controversy, albeit intentional or not.

Those kick doubles look better than A LOT of non-restricted 5 teams, but I was a little uncomfortable about all that skill being followed by the kids looking left-right-left w/ prayer hands as a dance? I'll have to conclude that it's a theme gone wrong.

Love you Cali, but back to the drawing board for this one IMO.

So the fact that CA has a weekly bible study in the gym, Id have to say its a pretty religious gym to those who are willing. They are not forced to go, but there is always a big turn out I heard.

Now that I think about this some more, I've started to wonder why we're getting so upset about music when there are uniforms with bible verses on them? And yet I don't think anyone else has gotten upset with the uniforms. Is it really that different?

Back