All-Star Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This may have been asked at some point the the few years that this thread has been around but when you first opened CA was the intention to turn it into or a business or is that something that kind of just happened as the sport and demand grew?

This may have been asked at some point the the few years that this thread has been around but when you first opened CA was the intention to turn it into or a business or is that something that kind of just happened as the sport and demand grew?

We absolutely love what we do and have been fortunate to make a profession/career out of it. It is our dream job.

Regarding the business side of it: Yes, it has always been the intent to make it a business. It sounds obvious, but the business side of it has to be successful for the doors to stay open. There is no CA if we can't bring in enough revenue to offset the costs. I think most people would absolutely stunned to see how high the expenses can be for even a small business. Rent, utilities, payroll, insurance, countless different kinds of taxes, etc. are dramatically higher than most people would estimate.

If you were referring to expanding to multiple locations, that is a fairly recent development. We had kicked the idea around for a few years, but it wasn't until we saw programs like ACE, CEA, CALI, and even SOT have success opening multiple gyms that we gave it serious consideration.

Why didn't Cheetahs and Panthers use their worlds uniforms they got last year for Worlds this year?
I actually loved those a lot!

"Recognize who we are, This is Rockstar"

How do you decide which team gets which brand of uniform? How do you decide between GK, Rebel, and who ever else did uniforms for you in the past?

How do you decide which team gets which brand of uniform? How do you decide between GK, Rebel, and who ever else did uniforms for you in the past?

We have the uniform companies submit designs (with our input) and we simply decide which one has the best look and value for that particular team.

The lady that does my CP's spray tan sprays a lot of cheerleaders on a Thursday night who are going to be traveling and competing the next few days over the weekend. CP thinks you can't be too tan, she is 11, but before Dallas, I didn't ask for it, but she was sprayed with body builder "black". That is the super dark tan that I think people are referencing as too dark. Kids with regular spray tans looked like they didn't even get sprayed when standing next to CP. She was too dark, but by Sunday's comp she was a normal spray tan color. Her PE/gym coach at school asked another CP who also gets sprayed at the same place if she thought she should go outside being that color and all. :oops: We did not have CP sprayed before her last one-day NCA Classic comp and Action Moments took photos. There is not one photo in the bunch that CP likes the way she looks in. She looked washed out. She will be spray tanned for Summit for sure. I do hope they are getting sprayed too dark and not laying in tanning beds, though.

I've never cared nor never will care about how tan someone is. If it's distracting to you, that's cool and I understand- but I'm too busy watching the great routine being put on the floor.

If Suzy wants to look like snow, she can; if she wants to look like an Xtra Cheddar Goldfish (which are the best kind of Goldfish), she can. If they do their job on the floor, to me at least that's all that matters.

We absolutely love what we do and have been fortunate to make a profession/career out of it. It is our dream job.

Regarding the business side of it: Yes, it has always been the intent to make it a business. It sounds obvious, but the business side of it has to be successful for the doors to stay open. There is no CA if we can't bring in enough revenue to offset the costs. I think most people would absolutely stunned to see how high the expenses can be for even a small business. Rent, utilities, payroll, insurance, countless different kinds of taxes, etc. are dramatically higher than most people would estimate.

If you were referring to expanding to multiple locations, that is a fairly recent development. We had kicked the idea around for a few years, but it wasn't until we saw programs like ACE, CEA, CALI, and even SOT have success opening multiple gyms that we gave it serious consideration.

Programs being successful opening multiple gyms is in the eye of the beholder. I know some families that have seen their programs expand to multiple gyms also feel that the quality of the services they have been receiving at their location have diminished with the addition of new locations (i.e., the talent is spread too thin).

I know you have several successful locations, so I am wonder what advice/suggestions you might have for a consumer who is looking at a gym that was bought by a big name gym that is expanding (not yours). I am curious if there were the things that you are glad you did as you expanded, and what you wish you did differently . My friend is feeling very cautious about committing to a gym and asking me for advice and I am trying to figure out if I am missing anything to tell her ;)

Back