All-Star Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Over the past few season I've noticed that the higher level teams have done away with the Cheer Athletics "cheer" in their routines. Is there a reason behind this?

Also I've been anticipating the sale of CA pins in the pro shop but to no avail :( Do you know of any way I can get one?

Over the past few season I've noticed that the higher level teams have done away with the Cheer Athletics "cheer" in their routines. Is there a reason behind this?

Also I've been anticipating the sale of CA pins in the pro shop but to no avail :( Do you know of any way I can get one?

Too busy hitting the (essentially) mandatory elements on the scoresheet. Not enough time in the routines.

Regarding Pro Shop requests - email [email protected]

Though your facilities seem more than adequate for the average or even large gym, obviously CA is maxed out at this point if you are turning away athletes. Between team practices, tumbling, privates, school instruction, etc., how do you handle fitting in extra practices throughout the season prior to big competitions? Our gym usually has 10-11 teams and three floors, and I know that can get taxing at times, and we only practice once per week as well except before a big competition. I am curious how all teams get the extra time if needed.

Though your facilities seem more than adequate for the average or even large gym, obviously CA is maxed out at this point if you are turning away athletes. Between team practices, tumbling, privates, school instruction, etc., how do you handle fitting in extra practices throughout the season prior to big competitions? Our gym usually has 10-11 teams and three floors, and I know that can get taxing at times, and we only practice once per week as well except before a big competition. I am curious how all teams get the extra time if needed.

We have 5 full spring floors and room for another 2-3 to practice if necessary.

I just wanted to let you know that I absolutely love love love CA. You are all such a classy organization and once I read that you're Jody my eyes filled with tears of joy because I just idolize you.

Any chance of hearing how our past role models are doing in life? I have to admit if you can track IP addresses with the views of Panther's Worlds 2005 video I would be response for at least 50%. I've never met any of those girls but their talent in that routine was one of my first big impressions of allstar cheerleading.

Another question . . . I actually have a lot . . since im really interested at how CA manages kids and i absolutely adore the whole program. Anyone who knows me would know that Im die-hard CA Panthers fan.

What is your take on CA athletes dating? [inside the gym . . .meaning both are CA athletes]

I just wanted to let you know that I absolutely love love love CA. You are all such a classy organization and once I read that you're Jody my eyes filled with tears of joy because I just idolize you.

Any chance of hearing how our past role models are doing in life? I have to admit if you can track IP addresses with the views of Panther's Worlds 2005 video I would be response for at least 50%. I've never met any of those girls but their talent in that routine was one of my first big impressions of allstar cheerleading.

You seem to be giving me much more credit for CAs success than I probably deserve. We got incredibly lucky to end up with a fantastic staff of coaches and office professionals - they are the ones who are most responsible for our success, not me. Not false modesty, it is he truth.

I wish that we did a better job of tracking our alumni. It is always neat to see our former kids grow up, have real jobs and families of their own, and know that we played a small part in helping them be who they are.

What do you look for in a coach? :)
Where do I apply? Seriously...
You can send a resume, but we typically only hire people that we know fairly well already for cheer team coaching positions, but we will look at any applications that we get. It is probably easier to initially be hired on as a class coach, but we are pretty picky there, too.

Another question . . . I actually have a lot . . since im really interested at how CA manages kids and i absolutely adore the whole program. Anyone who knows me would know that Im die-hard CA Panthers fan.

What is your take on CA athletes dating? [inside the gym . . .meaning both are CA athletes]

We have had at least 2 married couples who were both athletes at the gym, so it can sometimes work. We are also starting to see several alums bring their daughters in to be on teams, which is awesome . . . but it makes me feel really old.

I wouldn't say that we encourage it (dating a teammate) by any means, but we do not have a policy against it.

These may not be under rumors category . . altho . . i feel like . . . others may have wondered . .
Personally to @BlueCat , how was it for you when
1. CA Panthers had a rough day on Finals of Worlds 2008? . . . like everyone was talking about the substitute girl and blaming CA's schedule of try-outs right before Worlds. Panthers were one of the predicted front runners of that year and even I was shocked watching worlds [thru VOD] that year

2. CA Wildcats lost to TOPGUN in 2007? . . . I know those two were one of the closest and toughest to call . . .

3. People call your routines as "All technique but NO entertainment" ?

Special Question. What was your all-time favorite CA Level 5 Routine? Why?

I've NEVER heard that, and I've been in cheer as long as CA has been around. I'd also like to add, "Who cares?" If Technique outscores Entertainment then you can have your entertainment, I'll keep my trophy. Looks like CA has a pretty good lock on the score sheet, so if the routine doesn't "entertain" YOU, run by the gym, check out the banners, trophies and GLOBES and I promise you will be "entertained".

I've NEVER heard that, and I've been in cheer as long as CA has been around.

Those weren't the exact words. . .but the same ideas that ocassionally comes out in youtube. And AMEN to wha u've added . . .

Do you think this is possible without adding more subjectivity, which many are trying to remove from scoring systems?

Yes, I do. More rewards given for difficulty, but bigger penalties for mistakes. Less score emphasis on jumps.

I don't necessarily think that we need less subjectivity, but we do need judges to be qualified to appreciate the differences in difficulty of skills.

I also think that making the entire scoring VERY public would educate the crowd and lead to less frustration when the "crowd favorite" doesn't win. People would least have some idea of why the results happen the way they do rather than just assume judges are idiots.

Back