All-Star Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm not sure I understand your first question, but there is no "normal" schedule immediately preceding a major event. It is whatever the teams needs in order for us to feel they are ready. Sometimes that is several extra practices, sometimes it isn't.

I'm sorry, I worded that badly, @BlueCat :( My post was directed at both you and the original poster who mentoined the Cheetahs' practice schedule. It made me wonder what other people considered intense and what you, as an organization, expects from your athletes. If my daughter eventually makes it to a Worlds team (her dream), I would expect that they practiced as much as possible, especially before Worlds. We are already the pyscho level 1-mini family who is at the gym 5-6 days a week, so I wouldn't bat an eyeash at it being daily- but, others think my daughter is insane for wanting to be at every class possible (and me for driving her!)

The other thing that I was thinking about was that we are also local to our gym. I know that larger programs who have multiple Worlds teams have kids who travel for hours to get to practice and that must make it harder to coordinate schedules. So...I was just curious ;)

welp since no one has really asked about it yet, im curious. what do you think of this whole allie jones cheerlebrities articles. since it seems to be mostly about cheer athletics and past athletes.
We have tried to steer the athletes as far away from this as possible. When contacted by the parent of one of the minors involved, the reporter stated that because the kids are "famous", they are fair game and she does not need permission/consent from the athletes, their families, or us.

We have tried to steer the athletes as far away from this as possible. When contacted by the parent of one of the minors involved, the reporter stated that because the kids are "famous", they are fair game and she does not need permission/consent from the athletes, their families, or us.

....wow...... well the kids seem to be handling it the most professional way that they can, so good for them being the bigger adult in the situation.

Charming.

[

We also do not want to impose on our friends and their gyms "turf." While we probably are not too high on other gyms' friend lists at the moment, we honestly do NOT want to harm other programs and "steal" their customers. We would MUCH rather attract completely new athletes to the sport. For many reasons, the most treasured, valuable athletes in the gym are our tiny and minis.

The best analogy of our view of local gyms is like we are all stores in a big mall. Yes, we want people in the mall to come visit our store and shop here, but the absolute LAST thing we want is for all the other stores in the mall to go out of business. That would be a disaster. The main thing we want is for more people to go into the mall.

Plus we are friends with and respect the vast majority of our competitors and we consider it to be in poor taste to directly target other programs' athletes. I'm sure that many people don't believe this, but we have a very strong policy against any of our staff recruiting any athlete that they know to be a part of someone else's gym. If those athletes contact us first, then we will discuss our program with them and welcome them, but we will NOT knowingly go after them first. I can't say that it has never happened, but we strongly discourage it.

Other businesses do not always share that philosophy, but that is up for them to decide what set of business/personal ethics they choose. I don't consider it "immoral" or even "unethical" for people to directly recruit other programs' kids, but we do think it is tacky and disrespectful.[/quote]

If I may comment...I have tons of respect for you making this statement and hopefully living by this creed. The current gym my daughter is at has raised so many girls and developed their skills to incredible level 5 athletes and then another gym comes along with an offer of free tuition and they are gone. I wish gyms couldn't do this! It would make the playing field more fair for small gyms like ours. We have the greatest owners and wonderful coaches and our future talent (on the junior and youth teams) are incredible Worlds teams!

How come cheetahs are no longer posted on the champions league website? Also were swooshcats always going? I can't remember if they were announced with the rest of the teams over the summer

How come cheetahs are no longer posted on the champions league website? Also were swooshcats always going? I can't remember if they were announced with the rest of the teams over the summer
Cheetahs are no longer going to Champions League (cost). Swooshcats are going. They were originally going as a wildcard team, now they are a "regular" team. I have not been involved in all of the discussions, but I believe the other teams in the League voted to simply swap Swooshcats in for Cheetahs.

I heard a rumor cheer athletics is selling the gym in Austin and it will no longer be part of cheer athletics. Is this true?

I heard a rumor cheer athletics is selling the gym in Austin and it will no longer be part of cheer athletics. Is this true?

100% false. The gym has been a monster success and we look forward to continuing to serve the Austin area for years and years to come. We have amazing athletes, an amazing staff, and a great location. It has grown faster than we imagined possible. It's success has allowed us to continue our expansion plans into other areas. Why would we want to sell it?

Last edited:
Back