All-Star Cheer Extreme Richmond?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off topic, but hopefully someone can answer (also, totally random)..

Do all of the teams from all of the locations where the same uniform? On the CheerSport feed some of them looked dark green.

they do. it's probably just the lights or the camera, you never know.

Central VA has had at least a couple of all star gyms disappear or at least downsize seriously, each year for the past few years, so we tend to keep an eye and ear out for what might be happening around us. Many of us came from gyms that are no longer around, and those that are "seemingly concerned" may care genuinely for other gyms, families and athletes.
Further, CEA parents and athletes don't need to care at this point, now do they?
ICE closed two years ago, Cheer Elite Starz/VA Elite just merged with Fame. All that's really left now are Fame and Cheer Challenge on South Side and USA and Richmond Twisters in the West End. With 4 gyms in one area, business is always limited, and all of us seem to be holding up pretty well, CCA is even growing. But I worry that with the addition of this shiny new big name gym, the rest of us will lose business, there are only so many cheerleaders to go around. Area cheerleaders are very loyal to their gyms, especially since so many of us have been through buyouts, mergers, and take overs before. As cool as it would be to have a local branch pf CEA plus some new competition, I think everyone is a little hesitant about what might happen to their gyms and cheer families

ICE closed two years ago, Cheer Elite Starz/VA Elite just merged with Fame. All that's really left now are Fame and Cheer Challenge on South Side and USA and Richmond Twisters in the West End. With 4 gyms in one area, business is always limited, and all of us seem to be holding up pretty well, CCA is even growing. But I worry that with the addition of this shiny new big name gym, the rest of us will lose business, there are only so many cheerleaders to go around. Area cheerleaders are very loyal to their gyms, especially since so many of us have been through buyouts, mergers, and take overs before. As cool as it would be to have a local branch pf CEA plus some new competition, I think everyone is a little hesitant about what might happen to their gyms and cheer families

Our Richmond gym is huge. All of our teams are maxed out. I welcome some competition here!

Wow. Wish I'd known. I'd like a gym...anyone else giving away a gym anytime soon? :)

j/k--I know I'm no Courtney Pope. Just not sure how appreciated I'd feel if I was already at that gym and they told me they "gave" it away! I mean even if she didn't want to take it over...giving it away kind of implies she thought it was of no value.

I can understand where you are coming from, but we should all remember that this family just suffered a loss. Assuming its true, which we dont know until there is an official announcement, we have no idea what her motivation is.

I can understand where you are coming from, but we should all remember that this family just suffered a loss. Assuming its true, which we dont know until there is an official announcement, we have no idea what her motivation is.

I get that. And I am sorry for their loss. And I also thought some more after I posted that and realized that it is entirely possible that the gym may have been a financial burden to her--doesn't mean it has no value. So I take back what I said. When my grandmother passed, we sold her home that had been in our family for 200 years--and we sold it for pennies on the dollar to what it was worth. Didn't mean it didn't have value to us...but keeping it would have required a financial commitment we weren't ready for.

I do have friends that own cheer gyms--and it's no easy task. You definitely would have to be ready to take that on.

So I do get it. I just was shocked when I first read that. :oops:

the one's that have extreme written across them? i thought they had them, but i just assumed everyone switched over
Level 1-4's from all gyms, with the exception of Mini 1
qy937s.jpg

Mini 1's and former uni's for the other teams:
169093_1870447205949_1384174076_2248370_8385990_n.jpg

Well, both of them say extreme.. :confused: Mini Elite..new uniforms

Mini 1..Old Uniforms

btw..just saw your Lake Norman post...my bad

no biggie. and yeah those! i didn't know how to explain them haha. i remember when all the gyms would come to the competitions in there greenish and black uniforms and we'd all get scared when they'd walk in together. we'd run to our coach to make sure we weren't in their division haha

no biggie. and yeah those! i didn't know how to explain them haha. i remember when all the gyms would come to the competitions in there greenish and black uniforms and we'd all get scared when they'd walk in together. we'd run to our coach to make sure we weren't in their division haha
ROFL

I thought you were talking about the old ones, but then you confused me when you said "extreme" written on it.

Cute.

:D

Back