All-Star Cheerleaders Season 2!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Wake up on the wrong side of the bed, dear?

Does it make you feel better if I say I do know these kids and was disappointed in some of the social media postings I saw?

yes because you have insight on the matter. you are not getting your information falsely off "social media" and then complaining non-stop about it.

I dont understand why people stalk and search everything about cheerleaders online and then complain about everything that they see. Can someone explain why this is okay?

well thats a bit dramatic. their tweets weren't that bad. just something about "dont say smamily unless you mean it". besides, the parties involved seemed to have gotten over it, and realized the lack of communication that stirred things up. other people should too.

The language was a little more.... colorful... on the tweets I saw and that's the bit I was kinda a bit 'woah' at, just cause I know these kids are seen as respectable role models but a lot of young cheerleaders.

And just for the record I only follow Robert and Gabi from Smoed. I saw these tweets on a cheerleading tumblr I think.

I did not see all the tweets I'm sure. What I did see was understandable. Would I accept that behavior if my child authored the tweet ? Absolutely not. However, these are not my children. Should they have said nothing ? Preferably. Were they wrong ? No. Put yourself in their place. They didn't know the specifics related to Jenee's departure. But, they did know this was the third time she quit. They were hurt and lashed out. I'm not justifying their actions by stating they are teenagers. However, I expect certain behavior out of a teenager when that same behavior out of a more mature individual would be considered abhorrent. Teens lack the type of maturity that you acquire through years of living. Included in that is an individuals impulse control. Recognizing that fact helps explain the SMO's responses. Not justify, but explain.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

The athletes did not. I was shocked quite frankly.

Being angry and confused and a teenager in no way can act as an excuse of what they said and the horrible language they used discussing a former teammate and her sister, ESPECIALLY since they have a high social media stance and even more so that we now know it wasn't Jennes decision.

Be angry all you want, but do not press that "tweet" button.

Until you find yourself in a similar situation you don't know how you would react. And unless you know all the facts it's not fair to judge people's actions. There was a stop put to the tweeting.

The SMO's aren't used to the being in the limelight. Likewise they've never before had to concern themselves with the influence of social media or the perception of the cheer world. It's all trial by error for them. I feel like people are making a rush to judgement about the SMO's tweets, and then expecting the SMO's not to do the same about Jenee. The tweets were critical of Jenee on social media. You're criticizing the SMO's on social media. What's the difference ?

some people on here seriously...
nb2fcx.gif

Until you find yourself in a similar situation you don't know how you would react. And unless you know all the facts it's not fair to judge people's actions. There was a stop put to the tweeting.

The SMO's aren't used to the being in the limelight. Likewise they've never before had to concern themselves with the influence of social media or the perception of the cheer world. It's all trial by error for them. I feel like people are making a rush to judgement about the SMO's tweets, and then expecting the SMO's not to do the same about Jenee. The tweets were critical of Jenee on social media. You're criticizing the SMO's on social media. What's the difference ?

I would know not to use that language on social media, however I know that different stroke for different folks and others have been brought up different ways than I have and are different people than me so I can accept that maybe they didn't see the swear words as bad language.
(That makes me sound like I'm a saint or something - I'm not, I have always just been brought up in a way that swearing is rude and don't use it)

And, for me personally, I don't think I'm doing what some of the Smo's did. We are both definitely criticising, I wouldn't deny that, but we are not saying it in the same way. I could say "those f****** smoed kids are so b***** rude, I can't believe they would be so s*** to their friend ugh" like they did but I didn't. And I'm being critical on an open discussion forum without an intention to hurt someone, not on a twitter account with 2k followers.

I know you have a bias to Cali and are going to defend/disagree with no matter what I say, so this may have been a pointless post - So can we agree to disagree that I didn't like it because I don't like swearing and you don't have a problem with it?

Last edited:
My team has a zero tolerance twitter policy, I stalk them on twitter sporadically to make sure they are abiding. This came into play after a vicious twitter war almost got half the team kicked out. Kids talk a LOT of smack on twitter half of them don't even mean what they say! The other half do it for attention and none of them realize the long standing effects of it. 16 year olds tweet 10 times a min, add to that the thousands of ppl they follow and one tweet becomes virtually invisible 2 min after its written. While we screenshot it and have 2 days worth of conversation about it, it has been pushed out by 1000 other tweets and no longer a topic for the poster

well thats a bit dramatic. their tweets weren't that bad. just something about "dont say smamily unless you mean it". besides, the parties involved seemed to have gotten over it, and realized the lack of communication that stirred things up. other people should too.

anyways...
this weeks extra is about choreogra;hy:

[/QUOTE
Love the extra!

Love the extra!!! :)

anyways...
this weeks extra is about choreogra;hy:

maybe you didn't see all of them..because some of them definitely weren't that nice ..some were downright rude and not something that should be seen by thousands of young girls who follow them on twitter

So just watched the extra and my hotmess totally enjoyed that more then the episode it had her Luke on. Every time the camera would pan to him she would jump up and down.

After the emotional weekend we have had I am glad she was able to smile and get excited about cheer. Even if it was for someone she barely knows.

Back