All-Star Cheerleaders Season 3?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

does it really matter, she accomplished what most world team athletes always strive for, an NCA win and a worlds ring, in which she has two. what else is there to accomplish at that point, not saying that there are other goals for different people but most kids want a worlds placement and an NCA jacket, etc. if shes heading into her senior year of high school/homeschool, then school at that point should be more important anyways.

No offense but I dont see where its anyones business why any athlete moves or changes gym. Its their life. Im really confused as to why people are so worried about a certain athlete and why she moved...and why is she even being a topic on here...
It's their life until they choose to make it public either via web show or social media. When you invite the public into your life it's often hard to get them to leave.

No offense but I dont see where its anyones business why any athlete moves or changes gym. Its their life. Im really confused as to why people are so worried about a certain athlete and why she moved...and why is she even being a topic on here...

I think when you become part of a very popular reality YouTube show people will become curious. With that said since it is focued on a teen/youth I feel we should keep it positive!

You are absolutely correct in saying it is not anyone business, but if you read through the posts on the topic... Not one 1 person has step forward and mentioned anything about her changing or moving... Matter of fact, many people on here seems to applaud her decision to go home... I cannot speak for everyone, but I think for me, I am commenting on this situation because too many athletes were leaving their home gyms to chase a Worlds rings, etc... and possibly, seeing Gabi's angst briefly on TV, may put another spin on this topic...

PS: @dawgshow, I will gladly name the 999 cheer athletes, but since they are minors... I do not want to be guilty of outing any underage athlete, after all, we must protect their innocence at all cost, right???... ;)

people didnt ask, they were told via social media by her and her mom's account. people are simply talking about what was presented to them.

on top of that, her mother even wanted to invite fans to a welcome home party that she wanted to throw, even if they never met gabi. not sure if that happened or if it will happen, but thats what i read via FB. i wouldnt invite randoms, but its their family and business and they openly choose to invite people in, so i wouldnt exactly call a harmless discussion as being invasive or nosy (well maybe just a little).

Last edited:
I guess I just dont get why its a topic.
I understand shes been on youtube.
And shes a high profile cheerleader. I guess I didnt give it much thought because it does not have anything to do with me.

And my guess is she made a public statement because she knew people would speculate once it got out she left.

I dont follow her so I didnt see the part where fans were being asked to come to their house to welcome her home.

I guess that would open it up for public talking.

Good luck to her In her future ventures!

Last edited:
I guess I just dont get why its a topic.
I understand shes been on youtube.
And shes a high profile cheerleader. I guess I didnt give it much thought because it does not have anything to do with me.

And my guess is she made a public statement because she knew people would speculate once it got out she left.

I dont follow her so I didnt see the part where fans were being asked to come to their house to welcome her home.

I guess that would open it up for public talking.

Good luck to her In her future ventures!
I didn't really think we were talking about her specifically as much as using her situation of relocating as a topic and whether she was the one who started the craze.

Did Gabi not move away only 2 years ago? This phenom has been going on for longer than that as I've had the conversation with my cp years ago in hopes he could try it.

Could also be wrong but also recalling her mom lived with her and may have even hosted some kids.

@John Butler any chance you could verify the latter for me?
Correct. Gabi's first year away was 2 years ago. Her first year, she lived with a host family but my wife visited often. Last year we rented a place over there and a few other team members stayed in the house ("the cheer house") and my wife and youngest daughter stayed as well. I did the visiting every few weeks.

Just as an FYI on the comment made that Gabi really wanted to come home and that she was waiting for her parents to step in, I can assure you this wasn't the case. We have always supported Gabi in her decisions, and it was her call to go to Cali 2 years ago to try SMOED. She fell in love with the team and the coaches, but two straight years and she was really wavering about being home. She wanted to give it a try for a 3rd season, so we did. After being there for a bit and having some discussion, she decided she wanted to come home. As for the Nightline footage, they shot a TON of footage with Gabi going through her regular routine, but of course out of the hours and hours of footage they had, they chose to air the part with Gabi's frustration getting her hair done. This had absolutely nothing to do with her being in Cali and wanting to come home. Gabi hates the hair part of cheer. She also is NOT a morning person. Combine those two together and you've got the perfect storm. If you recall, they had to compete early in the morning on Day 1, which was when Nightline wanted to shoot. Since Worlds was on the East Coast, they were already 3 hours behind in their internal clocks due to Cali being 3 hours behind. So basically, they had to be ready with full hair and make up by 8:00 AM (which was 5:00 AM Cali time). Thus, Gabi was up at like 3:30 AM cali time to get her hair done. Needless to say, she was tired and grumpy.

One more quick confirmation. Yes Cheer Dad, I believe the moving for cheer thing has been going on for much longer than the past two years. I know this because my oldest daughter Ashley was on TG's Lg Coed team for a few years before she aged out and went to 005 and every year many of the boys were fly ins from out of state. I think it just wasn't known or discussed because you didn't have the craziness of social media like you do today. Have a great night everyone! I know I will because my baby girl is back home!!!!

Last edited:
There is a BIG different between Matt Smith, who is actually driving down 4 or 5 hours, I believe from Oklahoma and what Gabi has done. Gabi uprooted her whole life and moved across country, stayed her 1st year with a host family and 2nd year, uprooted her Mom and sister to housed other athletes... Matt never moved and stayed in Texas with a host family, Matter of fact, I can name 100 and 1,000 of young people who are doing long commutes like Matt Smith to cheer for a team, but to actually stay with another family and not go to traditional school, etc... I am still trying to think of another cheer athlete to do it before Gabi...
Gabi was most definitely not the first, just the first documented on a series. I know quite a few people personally who lived with host families to cheer at top gun large coed back in 08, 09, and 10. It wasn't a rare thing either, quite common. I'm sure it wasn't even a new thing back then. Super senior was also not a term or thing until a few years ago.

ETA: posted before I read everyone else and their mom also comment back.

Last edited:
The thing about AwesomenessTV following another gym or team outside of California All Stars is that AwesomenessTV's headquarters is in Cali. So I guess thats why they only follow Smoed, but I do think they should show another team from the Ventura gym.

Last edited:
Back