All-Star Cheerleaders Season 3?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Pretty sure it was before Dylan's departure and that was one of the issues. Matt couldn't get concerns addressed.

**do you even read what you type?**
They mean before he moved to the US. Communication was great until he had already left NZ

(the post you quoted was in response to someone asking if he saw red flags when he couldn't even get communication from them, and that maybe that should have been a sign not to go to Cali in the first place. But the communication problems seem to only have started once he was already on smoed)

Took me three days to read thru this thread there are a lot of things that I find really interesting. I am a complete advocate of an athlete having the right to leave a gym if they are not happy, especially if the gym has the right to dismiss them if they are not happy with their performance. I definitely think that should go both ways, CALI constantly preaches athletes are replaceable, so I never feel sorry for them when an athlete leaves. Having said that I do think that this situation is deeper then an athlete leaving a program. Do I think they handled it correctly, absolutely not. But I can understand why this situation was handled differently from others who have left. He was not an unhappy customer, he was someone they helped enter the country (there is discrepancy on how much they helped) found a place to live, covered expenses etc. I can understand why they would be upset about him choosing to walk away. I do think the emails were a scare tactic and since they have not worked hopefully they have decided to leave the situation alone.

Still thinking about this: at this point even if they DID get in contact with him- what do you say? There's no way to make this better or right. 'I'm sorry we allowed for your son to be maligned on a well-known reality show despite apparently having enough control to decide whether or not someone has to be on it.' 'We've asked those who have spoken ill of your son to apologize, minus those who are on our payroll?' Sorry doesn't erase hurt and bad actions. Is it better to just drop it all completely and just not say anything?

I mean, they were so angry that they tried to get him thrown out of the country which could have him banned for 3 years minimum, unless he got accused of fraud for which it's 10 years minimum. This would all be complicated if he's still under 18, at which point the law protects him until he turned 18. But still. Harsh.

food for thought: didn't ALDC lose their membership within the dance governing body therefor not allowing them to compete at sanctioned competitions due to the way dance is portrayed on Dance Moms?

Abby lost her Dance Masters of America membership - it's a very respected membership, organization and competition, but it's just one of many dance comp systems - and although she can no longer list she's a member of DMA on her bio, there are still countless other comps out there that her dancers can compete at. Dance does not have an organization the equivalent of USASF - not even close.

There are many dance comps that will not allow the show to FILM (Starquest is an example that a poster gave above), but if Abby brought her dancers to those same comps without the film crew and just wanted them to compete w/ everyone else, I'm sure most of them would gladly take their money.

Seeing that a coach is still tweeting about this situation is disheartening. I can't believe that the owners of Cali haven't told EVERYONE to be silent on social media. Enough is enough, move on - you are setting a terrible example for your athletes.

I follow both Eddy and Orby on twitter. They haven't really addressed the situation. So I am confused?

Still thinking about this: at this point even if they DID get in contact with him- what do you say? There's no way to make this better or right. 'I'm sorry we allowed for your son to be maligned on a well-known reality show despite apparently having enough control to decide whether or not someone has to be on it.' 'We've asked those who have spoken ill of your son to apologize, minus those who are on our payroll?' Sorry doesn't erase hurt and bad actions. Is it better to just drop it all completely and just not say anything?

I mean, they were so angry that they tried to get him thrown out of the country which could have him banned for 3 years minimum, unless he got accused of fraud for which it's 10 years minimum. This would all be complicated if he's still under 18, at which point the law protects him until he turned 18. But still. Harsh.

You don't believe in sincere apologies and making amends? I do. I believe cooler heads can and should prevail. And I do believe things can be made better.

Seeing that a coach is still tweeting about this situation is disheartening. I can't believe that the owners of Cali haven't told EVERYONE to be silent on social media. Enough is enough, move on - you are setting a terrible example for your athletes.

Who are you talking about? I follow both Eddie and Orby. I haven't seen anything that I, as a parent, would be concerned about. Is there someone else?

They mean before he moved to the US. Communication was great until he had already left NZ

(the post you quoted was in response to someone asking if he saw red flags when he couldn't even get communication from them, and that maybe that should have been a sign not to go to Cali in the first place. But the communication problems seem to only have started once he was already on smoed)

Thank you
Side note: I wish we could require all posters have at least a 9th grade reading comprehension and writing level to be able to post.

Sorry, I read it as they were asking about after he moved from Cali to NC. My humblest apologies.

**hoping to earn my GED someday. #20yearplan**

One thing that Cali could do is say publicly that they are not going to air the show tomorrow for the good of both their program and Dylan. They have had a week to address this BEFORE it explodes with the general public. While ignoring the situation sometimes might work, it will not when we know the next tidal wave is hitting on Sunday.

They should be trying to get Awesomeness TV to pull it off the app, and the need to be proactive on damage control.

@icame2WERQ & @Cheermom1969 i was referring to the tweet that was posted in this thread several pages back. unless that isn't an authentic tweet?

The one from Orby stating he wasn't on the show until episode 13 or something like that? I guess I don't see anything dramatic or uncalled for in that tweet. It didn't bother me, personally.

food for thought: didn't ALDC lose their membership within the dance governing body therefor not allowing them to compete at sanctioned competitions due to the way dance is portrayed on Dance Moms?
No. Any one who is on ALDC is on ALDC. Lifetime cannot kick them off the team because they cannot attend a certain competition. If they do, it was because of Abby's decision. Not LifeTime. life is not in control who's allowed at the studio and who isn't. The only reason why Kelly, Brooke, and Paige left is because of the assault and harassment they were constantly put through. Had nothing to do with life time's contract. That's another reason why she went to court. So LifeTime couldn't sue her for everything she owned for leaving before the contract was up.

Christi never signed the studio contract for the next season for Chloe. But her contract for LifeTime wasn't over so she still had to be on the show. If that's what you mean.

This made me laugh. I can't believe we're now comparing Smoed to Dance Moms :p Too funny.

In all honesty, I doubt USASF would ever take away a membership from a gym like Cali. Do you know how much money they'd lose? USASF can't even reprimand gyms for legitimate problems. Like sex offenders.

Sometimes I like to imagine the people working at USASF are a mix between Mr. Burns from the Simpsons and a monkey from the zoo.
But isn't this against "codes" bullying and Harassment and such? Can't USASF punish them some how if this issue is actually reported?

Last edited by a moderator:
No. Any one who is on ALDC is on ALDC. Lifetime cannot kick them off the team because they cannot attend a certain competition. If they do, it was because of Abby's decision. Not LifeTime. life is not in control who's allowed at the studio and who isn't. The only reason why Kelly, Brooke, and Paige left is because of the assault and harassment they were constantly put through. Had nothing to do with life time's contract. That's another reason why she went to court. So LifeTime couldn't sue her for everything she owned for leaving before the contract was up.

Christi never signed the studio contract for the next season for Chloe. But her contract for LifeTime wasn't over so she still had to be on the show. If that's what you mean.
I don't think what you said had anything to do with what you quoted. Interesting, but not really on track with what @quitthedrama was going for.

Back