All-Star Cheerlebrity Lessons?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Would you attend a cheerlebrity seminar for your CP?

• Yes

Votes: 7 6.8%
  • No

Votes: 96 93.2%

• Total voters
At the end of the day...what you do with your kid is what you do with your kid. People need to focus on them and stop judging other. I'm 100% sure half of the comments made on this post would not be said in person.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I'm just curious if you'll bring the outline from the seminar back to the boards so we can discuss it?

And fwiw, I would have no issues saying exactly what I said to someone's face.

Agreed, but why does anyone need a seminar (free or paid) in order to show them how to do that? When kids are talented on my team and they show an interest in teaching or earning money, we start looking for ways to help them do so.

You're right, to us it seems very obvious, but people in low-mid income communities often don't market their talents. Perhaps simply, because people in those communities don't have the money to pay for them and they don't know how to market it to communities and businesses that can. Again, I don't have the slightest idea what the seminar is about, but social media allows people to quickly tag multiple people and businesses and it's a powerful marketing tool accessible to almost everyone now. I guess that's what I'm hoping they're trying to accomplish.

ETA: @njallday I just read your post, and I agree, people could benefit by just putting money in their bank accounts for college. With that said, my oldest had the privilege of having standing privates with Tonyona for a while. I'm not going pretend I know her well at all, I don't, but she did tell us the background of Angel's desire to tumble at a very early age and how she made that happen for her. It truly is interesting, funny and inspirational. I'm hoping that's her intent, to share her story and knowledge to inspire others.

Last edited:
My problem is that kids don't need to be cheerlebrities. Kids need to be kids. We have too many Suzy mom's pushing kids to max out their tumbling by age 10 only to be shocked that when they suddenly grow they are getting injured and loosing skills as they grown. The sprinter mentality. We have parents pushing their kids to keep their social media public and post specific pictures so that companies will give them attention.

The majority of our kids will not be cheerlebrities and by pushing this we loose the value of cheer. That cheer is not a sport of individuals but perhaps the greatest team sport out there. They are a complicated machine where each girl plays her part... flyers don't levitate and bases look stupid pumping there arms up and down with no one on top. I love a good last pass but the complicated back and forth of passes and girls in perfect sync that is stunning to me. A pyramid where you see those girls working in sync. The bobble that does not become a fall because they all work as a unit to bring it back. That is the beauty of this sport.

Parents don't need cheerlebrity seminars. They need seminars on how to identify concussions and when to take your kid to the doctor and how to help your child safely condition. They need seminars on how to communicate positively and when to back off to coaches, athletes, and other parents. If you are in cheer to create revenue sorry that is not going to happen for the vast majority of kids. But the number of life lessons this sport could provide to all kids is countless especially if we parents put that mindset first.
I loved this post!! Everything said here!!

I have no problem if someone's accomplishments in cheer, or in any sport, lead to scholarships, opportunities to promote products, etc....but it is hopefully not the end goal. The real value is what is gained in the process: work ethic, teamwork, tenacity, coachability....may all that cheer, be they level 5 or level 1, get these things that result in them being better, more successful adults!

I'm just curious if you'll bring the outline from the seminar back to the boards so we can discuss it?

And fwiw, I would have no issues saying exactly what I said to someone's face.
It appears you have the interest. I suggest you go. Have at it.

My problem is that kids don't need to be cheerlebrities. Kids need to be kids. We have too many Suzy mom's pushing kids to max out their tumbling by age 10 only to be shocked that when they suddenly grow they are getting injured and loosing skills as they grown. The sprinter mentality. We have parents pushing their kids to keep their social media public and post specific pictures so that companies will give them attention.

The majority of our kids will not be cheerlebrities and by pushing this we loose the value of cheer. That cheer is not a sport of individuals but perhaps the greatest team sport out there. They are a complicated machine where each girl plays her part... flyers don't levitate and bases look stupid pumping there arms up and down with no one on top. I love a good last pass but the complicated back and forth of passes and girls in perfect sync that is stunning to me. A pyramid where you see those girls working in sync. The bobble that does not become a fall because they all work as a unit to bring it back. That is the beauty of this sport.

This. I totally agree. Even if Suzie gets her skills and makes it big in the cheer world, what happens when she ages out? Now I will say cheer is a lucrative business and I know it's the main source of income for some on the boards, but what if the skills fade or worse you get injure? Maddie Gardner went to college and now has a job. Which will be the case for a lot of the OG cheerlebrities in a few years.

It's no different than telling Billy to aim for something bigger than being the next LeBron because you can tear both acls and graduate from XYZ University with a degree in basket weaving. That's why I always respected those athletes that either continued their education or invested in a way that doesn't require them to worry if something goes wrong.

I'm not understanding the aggression here. Are you involved in the seminar in some way?
There is no coordination on my part nor am I aggressive. I know these ladies and the comments made toward them are utterly disgusting. My thing is...contact the person for clarification or questions instead of passing judgement and posting petty comments.

At the end of the day...what you do with your kid is what you do with your kid. People need to focus on them and stop judging other. I'm 100% sure half of the comments made on this post would not be said in person.

I have no problems with what I've said and would gladly discuss it respectfully in person...?

There is no coordination on my part nor am I aggressive. I know these ladies and the comments made toward them are utterly disgusting. My thing is...contact the person for clarification or questions instead of passing judgement and posting petty comments.

I haven't seen any 'disgusting' comments towards them, to be honest.

No one is insulting them personally, or questioning their intelligence and acumen. We're justifiably questioning their rather bizarre idea for a seminar. I, personally, find their seminar to be emblematic of much of what is wrong with allstar today.

I get very frustrated when people misinterpret statements on forums as somehow being somehow rude, or personal, or petty, when they really aren't. We're allowed to express our opinion.

I haven't seen any 'disgusting' comments towards them, to be honest.

No one is insulting them personally, or questioning their intelligence and acumen. We're justifiably questioning their rather bizarre idea for a seminar. I, personally, find their seminar to be emblematic of much of what is wrong with allstar today.

I get very frustrated when people misinterpret statements on forums as somehow being somehow rude, or personal, or petty, when they really aren't. We're allowed to express our opinion.
Ive seen the words uses pimping, scamming, famewhoring...do I need to say more. I hate people getting defensive when someone points out that lines are being crossed. We agree to disagree. Again, if there was such an interest or wanted to know the true intent of the event, I think there are other ways to ask questions. But i do know for one thing...im sure she doesnt mind the free marketing this thread has provided today. Good Day folks!

Ive seen the words uses pimping, scamming, famewhoring...do I need to say more. I hate people getting defensive when someone points out that lines are being crossed. We agree to disagree. Again, if there was such an interest or wanted to know the true intent of the event, I think there are other ways to ask questions. But i do know for one thing...im sure she doesnt mind the free marketing this thread has provided today. Good Day folks!

Sorry but I think the "true intent" is fairly obvious... I don't need to contact them directly to know that it's about profit and celebrity rather than talent and hard work.

Parents don't need cheerlebrity seminars. They need seminars on how to identify concussions and when to take your kid to the doctor and how to help your child safely condition. They need seminars on how to communicate positively and when to back off to coaches, athletes, and other parents. If you are in cheer to create revenue sorry that is not going to happen for the vast majority of kids. But the number of life lessons this sport could provide to all kids is countless especially if we parents put that mindset first.

Bravo!! Standing O! And ALL THE Shimmee shimmee's!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back