OT Christmas Lists 2014

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I have these ones. But I'm twice her age, and I'm not sure they still sell them. Sorel Tivoli Canvas. I made it through so many winters in MA without proper boots - I'd wear uggs or flats or sneakers and just try and avoid puddles.

Deleted picture to save room.

@Just-a-Mom tagging you too if you know.

Do these Sorel boots hold up well? How long do they last through "real winters"? Are they waterproof? (And I mean truly WATERPROOF because some things that are advertised as waterproof are not waterproof...)

I am in drastic need of winter boots. I'm really looking for something that will last me a few years. I've used rain boots the past 3 years for winter and they don't work as well as you'd think :p That salt eats right through the plastic. I think it's time to invest in a good pair!

Do these Sorel boots hold up well? How long do they last through "real winters"? Are they waterproof? (And I mean truly WATERPROOF because some things that are advertised as waterproof are not waterproof...)

I am in drastic need of winter boots. I'm really looking for something that will last me a few years. I've used rain boots the past 3 years for winter and they don't work as well as you'd think :p That salt eats right through the plastic. I think it's time to invest in a good pair!

I think I got them in early 2013. I haven't worn them all that much because I usually limit it to snowy,slushy days. I prefer my uggs if it's just cold out but not particularly wet.

I think they're waterproof. Up to the ankle anyway.

For me:
Monogram Initial necklace
Rachel Ray pots
Cake Boss melamine mixing bowls
IPad mini
Mini/portable hair straightener
New Croc flat iron
New living room furniture and decor
And I always love new scarves, shoes and clothing.

For AP (acro Princess, 12):
Cupcake making and decorating kit
A Treehouse Masters treehouse (for real that's what she asked for)
Clothes and shoes
Make up from Ulta

For the boys:
New bedroom decor
Clothes
Video games
Oldest son (15) wants a gaming computer
(They only ask for video games but they're getting the rest of this stuff too!)

For hubby:
LSU/Saints/Cardinals gear
A new Keenland baseball cap
Lots of stuff for the barn (tools, equipment, etc)

Fun fact: all my children's birthdays are in December and oldest will be 15 on 12/13/14.

Ehhhhh I made it through over 15 or so Massachusetts winters with flats, sneakers, and uggs on less slushy days :p

What's a less slushy day? We don't have those. :D She's made it this far without them, but she finally caved and said dry feet would be ok. Now... Let's see if she actually WEARS them.

Mine lasted 2 winters. Including last year when I needed them pretty much every day for 4 months. I threw them away because my sister's cat f-ing peed on them and I didn't know so they sat there with pee on them for God knows how long. Yes, the cat is still alive. I think the boots would probably have at least made it through most of this winter, depending on how bad it gets.

Waterproof upto the edge of the rubber part. My sister prefers her Hunters with the warm fuzzy insert because she's protected upto her knees almost. I just don't think they are as warm. I try not to step in anything deeper than that foot part anyway! :eek:

This year I bought Khombu boots. Haven't needed them yet, but I'll report back on what I think. They're a little cheaper and super cute. (still over $100, but not as much as the Sorels).

I usually only wear them when there are like 3 inches or more of snow. Less than that and I wear these Bearpaw things that are like hiking boots with a super fuzzy lining. No snow and I'm in Uggs.

These are the best $99 I've ever spent - for slightly snowy, super cold, "I don't want to wear snow boots and have to change or stomp around in them all day" days:
11lqu60.png

She's had two iPad mini's...and has broken both of them (they have warranties). She breaks every headphone set that she gets, granted they're all cheap ones. She's lost 3 cell phones...and like I said her AG Addy girl has been AWOL ..... My heart is saying don't buy them for her....but the deals on them are really good

She's an easily distracted, very forgetful child....

The deals are very good on them, but if I thought they would end up broken or lost...I would say they are TOO expensive for her, lol.

I forgot to mention (all of the scarf mentions reminded me) that I'm getting all of my little girl cousins monogrammed chevron scarves... they're 12, 10, 9, 9, and 8.... (one is actually my niece)... I found them for 2 for 15, and they're being monogrammed for really cheap by kids at the HS where my mom teaches

I'm debating taking my 9 year old niece to the American Girl Doll store as a Christmas present...but I don't know if she's too old? She got a doll last year, but honestly poor Addy has gone AWOL....so I think she's over it.

I'm also considering getting her Beats headphones but I feel like shes too young and will break them .... 9 is a difficult age.

My little cousin turned nine this past weekend and they took her to Chicago to go to the American Girl store for her birthday and she had an absolute blast. I don't think nine is too old!

Tell me about the deals on Beats. My daughter wants them (actually she'd prefer Frends headphones), but I'm not buying them without them being a good deal.

For me:
Monogram Initial necklace
Rachel Ray pots
Cake Boss melamine mixing bowls
IPad mini
Mini/portable hair straightener
New Croc flat iron
New living room furniture and decor
And I always love new scarves, shoes and clothing.

For AP (acro Princess, 12):
Cupcake making and decorating kit
A Treehouse Masters treehouse (for real that's what she asked for)
Clothes and shoes
Make up from Ulta

For the boys:
New bedroom decor
Clothes
Video games
Oldest son (15) wants a gaming computer
(They only ask for video games but they're getting the rest of this stuff too!)

For hubby:
LSU/Saints/Cardinals gear
A new Keenland baseball cap
Lots of stuff for the barn (tools, equipment, etc)

Fun fact: all my children's birthdays are in December and oldest will be 15 on 12/13/14.
Boyfriends niece was born on 12/12/12 and we started dating on 11/11/11 I don't know if this is good or bad since both of those are horror movies.

Jaylen got beats last year for Christmas (she was 8) ..
She still uses them a lot and takes them everywhere. However she is a good kid and responsible, she has never broken anything.

The iPad which I just sold the other day we got 2 Christmas's ago and our iPhone 5s we got then also. Her stuff was kept and still is in perfect condition and my iPhone screen has been cracked since last November. :/

I did not see her use her headphones for about 3 weeks just recently so I asked her if I could sell them and she said no and has started using them almost every day again.

My little cousin turned nine this past weekend and they took her to Chicago to go to the American Girl store for her birthday and she had an absolute blast. I don't think nine is too old!

I'm 23 and dragged two of my guy friends through the American Girl Doll Store in Tyson's Corner, VA last summer. #teamnoshame

This is such a cute and awesome idea!

Thanks!

We took her to the American Girl store in Chicago when she was 6...before she got a doll and my uncle bought her a mini Addy...and she kept up with mini Addy for YEARS (okay two years).

She got real Addy last Christmas and I'm seriously thinking I need to file a missing persons report on her. I'd hate to take her to the store w/o the doll....

I'll call her and discuss what happened to Addy and why tonight.....and if Addy is okay I think that will be her present (going to the store).

Tell me about the deals on Beats. My daughter wants them (actually she'd prefer Frends headphones), but I'm not buying them without them being a good deal.

Target will have them for $97 Weekly Deals In Stores Now : Target Weekly Ad

Best Buy will have them for $79 Black Friday 2014 Deals - Best Buy

If you're really interested in getting them PM me. My sister works part time at Best Buy and I can see if she can set a pair aside for you...unless you're the Black Friday madness type.

Back