OT Colleges :)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Anybody know anything about College of the Holy Cross in Worcestor, MA? Would love to get some insight from people who have any connection! :)
*Worcester ;) pronounced "wistah or woostah" if you want to truly epitomize MA. (How to Pronounce Massachusetts Town Names, Worcester County) Other than that, HC is a great school, a few of my friends looked there but didn't go because they got more $ from other schools (HC is pretty pricey, IMO). Small, Catholic, and has a hilly campus. Worcester's not the greatest city, but there are a few nice parts, and the suburbs are nice too. You're also kind of in the center of the state, which makes it pretty easy to get to RI, Boston, or NH typically in an hour-ish or less. Unfortunately that's about all I know, but hopefully someone has more info for you!

*Worcester ;) pronounced "wistah or woostah" if you want to truly epitomize MA. (How to Pronounce Massachusetts Town Names, Worcester County) Other than that, HC is a great school, a few of my friends looked there but didn't go because they got more $ from other schools (HC is pretty pricey, IMO). Small, Catholic, and has a hilly campus. Worcester's not the greatest city, but there are a few nice parts, and the suburbs are nice too. You're also kind of in the center of the state, which makes it pretty easy to get to RI, Boston, or NH typically in an hour-ish or less. Unfortunately that's about all I know, but hopefully someone has more info for you!
Ahh I'm such a bad speller! I live right outside of Boston, so I really should know better! :) Thanks for the info! :)

So the other day I was talking to my parents about visiting some of the east coast schools I've gotten into and they basically told me that we can't afford it. Does anyone have any advice on this situation? I don't want to pick a school blindly but apparently I can't visit.
Ahhhhh! Don't pick a school without visiting. I applied and got into 5 schools, 3 of which were out of state. Most people will tell you about how you might go to the school and hate it, but my lesson was that I would have chosen a different school had I chosen blindly. I liked all 3 of the campuses, so I wouldn't have been unhappy at any of them, but I fell in LOVE with the one that was probably third on my out of state list when I applied. I fell in love with the campus and the atmosphere, and I couldn't have made a better choice. I would have missed out on the opportunity had I never bothered to look.

Now, as F!ERCE said, I have never met somebody who didn't like school in Miami. I go to school in south Florida also (other side of the state, though), so I've had the opportunity to meet a lot of people that go to Miami and they all love it. If you can only choose 1 school to tour on the east coast I would probably pick Miami. Hope all this info helps! Best of Luck!!!:)

Ahhhhh! Don't pick a school without visiting. I applied and got into 5 schools, 3 of which were out of state. Most people will tell you about how you might go to the school and hate it, but my lesson was that I would have chosen a different school had I chosen blindly. I liked all 3 of the campuses, so I wouldn't have been unhappy at any of them, but I fell in LOVE with the one that was probably third on my out of state list when I applied. I fell in love with the campus and the atmosphere, and I couldn't have made a better choice. I would have missed out on the opportunity had I never bothered to look.

Now, as F!ERCE said, I have never met somebody who didn't like school in Miami. I go to school in south Florida also (other side of the state, though), so I've had the opportunity to meet a lot of people that go to Miami and they all love it. If you can only choose 1 school to tour on the east coast I would probably pick Miami. Hope all this info helps! Best of Luck!!!:)
Thank you so much! This was helpful.

What school do you go to? Just wondering because I'm looking at University of South Florida and possibly Tampa.

What school do you go to? Just wondering because I'm looking at University of South Florida and possibly Tampa.
Florida Gulf Coast University in Fort Myers. It's about 1.5-2 hours south of Tampa.

My uncle teaches at USF and my aunt got her second degree there! It's a great school. They really wanted me to apply there, but they didn't talk to me until the beginning of March my senior year and I just didn't have enough time to tour it and stuff even if I did applied. I've thought about potentially getting my masters there since I'm in nursing and I want to go back to school and specialize a year or two after I graduate. I would DEFINITELY recommend checking it out. I've never seen the campus, but I love Tampa. I thought I'd move back home to Pittsburgh after I finished school, but I could easily see myself staying here long-term. I love it!

Florida Gulf Coast University in Fort Myers. It's about 1.5-2 hours south of Tampa.

My uncle teaches at USF and my aunt got her second degree there! It's a great school. They really wanted me to apply there, but they didn't talk to me until the beginning of March my senior year and I just didn't have enough time to tour it and stuff even if I did applied. I've thought about potentially getting my masters there since I'm in nursing and I want to go back to school and specialize a year or two after I graduate. I would DEFINITELY recommend checking it out. I've never seen the campus, but I love Tampa. I thought I'd move back home to Pittsburgh after I finished school, but I could easily see myself staying here long-term. I love it!

I actually saw signs for Florida Gulf Coast last year when we went to Sanibel for spring break! I love Florida and have always planned on moving there. I'm from Ohio (the Cleveland area), and just can't stand the weather here. I'm only a junior, but USF is definitely my top choice at the moment.

I am glad that you are enjoying life in Ft Myers. I have family down there and always have a great time when I go down to visit.

I really really want to attend UNC Chapel Hill . absolutely dying to go there. beautiful campus as well!

Ughhh screw Ivy Day. Today's count:
Rejections: Brown, Columbia, Dartmouth, Harvard, Princeton, UPenn, and Yale
Waitlists: Duke

Hearing from Stanford tomorrow-ish, but after today I'm definitely not too optimistic. On the bright side, I've been accepted to UGA (where I'll have to go if financial aid doesn't come through:( ), UVA, UNC Chapel Hill, University of Southern California (where I find out within the next couple of days if I managed to get a full tuition scholarship!), and Vanderbilt. I also got waitlisted from WashU and UChicago. :/

Don't get me wrong, I'm still super excited about the places I did get in, but I'm still pretty bummed that not a single place today wanted me. God, what a waste of application fees...

Back