All-Star Competitions Giving Out More Bids Than Advertised

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

King

Is all about that bass
Staff member
FBOD:LLFB
Dec 4, 2009
ACA made a mistake and handed out a third paid bid to a team. Is that the correct response?

This is not a question whether the teams that won them did not deserve them. But now that a competition is known to give out extra paid bids would more teams be likely to visit it knowing they have a better chance?

ACA made a mistake and handed out a third paid bid to a team. Is that the correct response?

This is not a question whether the teams that won them did not deserve them. But now that a competition is known to give out extra paid bids would more teams be likely to visit it knowing they have a better chance?
So ACA made a mistake and gave out an extra bid that they didn't have... or they advertised wrong?

Didn't UCA have to do this either last year or the year before?

If they made the mistake then I think that they did the right thing by correcting it but I would hate to be the person who has to explaing costing their company an additional Paid Bid.

So ACA made a mistake and gave out an extra bid that they didn't have... or they advertised wrong?

They gave out a bid they didn't have. Same as UCA two years ago (or maybe last year).

I'm almost 100% positive that NCA had to do it as well. If not them, then UCA did it twice.

Can anyone remember?

Didn't UCA have to do this either last year or the year before?

If they made the mistake then I think that they did the right thing by correcting it but I would hate to be the person who has to explaing costing their company an additional Paid Bid.

I think the issue is this competition gets to make a mistake and accidentally hand out another paid bid. If certain competitions had a tradition of handing out extra paid bids because of mistakes would you be more likely to take a team there?

I think the issue is this competition gets to make a mistake and accidentally hand out another paid bid. If certain competitions had a tradition of handing out extra paid bids because of mistakes would you be more likely to take a team there?

If the competition has a history of this happening then no my team wouldn't be attending because i would begin to question the judging and everything else if they can't hand out the bid to the correct team. I mean is it that hard to read the correct name off of a piece of paper?

If the competition has a history of this happening then no my team wouldn't be attending because i would begin to question the judging and everything else if they can't hand out the bid to the correct team. I mean is it that hard to read the correct name off of a piece of paper?

Unless the paper was wrong. There was a break down in the system somewhere. I personally don't mind any extra paid bids being handed out and would request more please. My question is 'is it wrong?'

Unless the paper was wrong. There was a break down in the system somewhere. I personally don't mind any extra paid bids being handed out and would request more please. My question is 'is it wrong?'

If it was an honest mistake they were trying to fix then I don't think it is wrong, but if it is a ploy to hand out more bids in order to pull in more teams next year then it is sort of wrong. I say sort of because cheer is a business so making money is what is important to many of these EPs, but at the same time I think they should go about it the honest way and not hide behind "mistakes".

If it was an honest mistake they were trying to fix then I don't think it is wrong, but if it is a ploy to hand out more bids in order to pull in more teams next year then it is sort of wrong. I say sort of because cheer is a business so making money is what is important to many of these EPs, but at the same time I think they should go about it the honest way and not hide behind "mistakes".

Handing out bids is a big deal and a big honor to the EP's. So getting to increase the amount of bids you hand out by 150% is a rather big deal as well.

The "history" is with Varsity EP's, not ACA.

Handing out bids is a big deal and a big honor to the EP's. So getting to increase the amount of bids you hand out by 150% is a rather big deal as well.

So, basically they are given a certain number of bids they're "allowed" to hand out. And they goofed and did an extra. Obviously, the number of bids is limited for a reason, and they gave away something that wasn't theirs to begin with. As someone said earlier, I would question the rest of their practices if they just feel like giving up thousands of dollars and other bids that aren't theirs to give. But for the sake of a bid, if it was my decision to attend these free-bid-slinging comps, yup. Probably would. Check, please.

This may be a stupid question but, how could you hand out a bid that you know you dont have?

Back