All-Star Competitions Giving Out More Bids Than Advertised

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

WOW!! Thats so crazy about ACA being able to hand out 3 and still only giving 2. Make's complete since with how big the competition is getting. I only hope next year they will give out 3 again. This Texas/Oklahoma Region sucks to get a full paid bid in. The number of world contending teams compared to the number of full paid bids doesn't match up at all.

The next oppurtunity for a full paid bid is Cheer America, and here is the line up for 2 paid bids

Woodlands Elite Generals (Past Worlds Medalist)
Cheer Athletics FierceKatz (Past Worlds Medalist)
Tribe Chiefs (Past Worlds Medalist)
Twist and Shout Obsession (Past Worlds Medalist)
Prodigy Midnight
All-Star Revolution Small Coed
Texas Lonestar Medium Senior
....and many more World's Calibor Teams

Hopefully next year ACA will give away 3, ASC in OKC will give away 2 full paid bids, and NCA will bump up again to 8 Full Paid Bids

That would defintely make our region feel a little less stressful about getting a paid bid

Ja-Mez
Tribe Chiefs......we comin' fo ya

Does anyone have any real facts or guesstimates on the cost of givng the bid versus the teams it attracts by promoting it in revenue?

Does anyone have any real facts or guesstimates on the cost of givng the bid versus the teams it attracts by promoting it in revenue?

Well these numbers are accurate, becuase there are many other factors, but lets just throw out some basic numbers to make the math simple.

A Full-Paid bid cost a company up to $25,000n depending on the team size.

Comp Fee of $100, with an average level 5 team size of team size of team of 25 = $2,500

If these numbers were completly factual, that would mean an even would have to attract atleast 10 more teams to cover the maximum expense of a full paid bid.

Ja-Mez

Well these numbers are accurate, becuase there are many other factors, but lets just throw out some basic numbers to make the math simple.

A Full-Paid bid cost a company up to $25,000n depending on the team size.

Comp Fee of $100, with an average level 5 team size of team size of team of 25 = $2,500

If these numbers were completly factual, that would mean an even would have to attract atleast 10 more teams to cover the maximum expense of a full paid bid.

Ja-Mez

A full paid bid has a max of $25,000, but is actually $625 or $650 per person, I forget which. If you are going to say an average team is 25 people you should multiply 27 (25 athletes + 2 coached) x $625 or $650 to get the total cost of the bid, which puts the total between $16,875 and $17,550 meaning you would need about 7 teams to cover the bid based on your numbers.

Not to mention almost every event charges admission. Lets assume you have the following.

75 teams attend your event (they are all small)
75 * 20 = 1,500 athletes * $100 each = $150,000 just in comp fees

Lets assume there are 2 people in the audience for each athlete there and they charge $15 to get in, but half goes to the venue.
1,500 athletes * 2 = 3,000 spectators * $7.50 profit = $22,500

Lets assume you sell 500 pieces of merchandise with a profit of $5 each = $2,500

They just made $175,000 and the bids won't cost them more than $50,000. Yes you need to take out costs for staff etc, but i'm sure you can cover expenses with less than $100,000.

WOW!! Thats so crazy about ACA being able to hand out 3 and still only giving 2. Make's complete since with how big the competition is getting. I only hope next year they will give out 3 again. This Texas/Oklahoma Region sucks to get a full paid bid in. The number of world contending teams compared to the number of full paid bids doesn't match up at all.

The next oppurtunity for a full paid bid is Cheer America, and here is the line up for 2 paid bids

Woodlands Elite Generals (Past Worlds Medalist)
Cheer Athletics FierceKatz (Past Worlds Medalist)
Tribe Chiefs (Past Worlds Medalist)
Twist and Shout Obsession (Past Worlds Medalist)
Prodigy Midnight
All-Star Revolution Small Coed
Texas Lonestar Medium Senior
....and many more World's Calibor Teams

Hopefully next year ACA will give away 3, ASC in OKC will give away 2 full paid bids, and NCA will bump up again to 8 Full Paid Bids

That would defintely make our region feel a little less stressful about getting a paid bid

Ja-Mez
Tribe Chiefs......we comin' fo ya

Can't wait :)))

Interesting numbers! I assume the trend is to still bring many teams along with your Worlds teams? The numbers wouldn't work if the gym only brought a World bid team or two.

Here is another interesting question that doesnt have an easy answer. Coaches, would you turn down the bid if you are in a situation similar to CA? While we think there is an above-average chance for them to end up with a paid bid at one of the other bid events, there is obviously no guarantee that this would happen. Being a coed team, there are probably athletes that would then not be able to go to Worlds. They are not taking anything from any other team.

However, they theoretically would not have earned the bid that week if there weren't errors.
I pretty much turned down a bid when an event producer told me they didn't have enough qualified teams to give them to and if we showed up........

Interesting numbers! I assume the trend is to still bring many teams along with your Worlds teams? The numbers wouldn't work if the gym only brought a World bid team or two.
I don't if we are a typical gym in this regard, because bids potentially directly affect over 150 of our athletes who could potentially go to Worlds in any given year.

Whether an event has bids is certainly not the only factor we consider when picking our competition, however, it IS a factor. With 1/4 of our program involved in Worlds (hopefully), it has to at least be taken into consideration. We also tend to prefer to have most of our teams together (this year being an exception), so bids could potentially be a turning point that affect where 20 of our teams go.

Back