All-Star Competitions Giving Out More Bids Than Advertised

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I remember UCA made a mistake and had to give Brandon White a bid they didn't have...there was some confusion thinking they already had one but it was actually Black that had the bid...

This may be a stupid question but, how could you hand out a bid that you know you dont have?[/quote
Correct me if Im wrong but I dont think they did it on accident. Maybe they thought a third team was deserving or maybe as King said that he thinks if the competition starts handing out extra surprise bids that gyms will be more likely to attend the competition.

I dont think it would mean more people would go, I mean how do you know a "mistake" will happen and it would benefit your team? I dont think an EP would come up with some huge conspiracy, to favor anyone. I mean that's what we're always saying right? haha..

I remember UCA made a mistake and had to give Brandon White a bid they didn't have...there was some confusion thinking they already had one but it was actually Black that had the bid...

Was that the same comp that involved Memphis Elite? Or was it another one? Because I'm positive that either UCA did this twice or UCA once and NCA once.

I dont think it would mean more people would go, I mean how do you know a "mistake" will happen and it would benefit your team? I dont think an EP would come up with some huge conspiracy, to favor anyone. I mean that's what we're always saying right? haha..

But what if the "mistakes" are always Varsity bid competitions?

Was that the same comp that involved Memphis Elite? Or was it another one? Because I'm positive that either UCA did this twice or UCA once and NCA once.

I think it did involve Memphis Elite unless that was the following year. I know that it happened at UCA and am pretty sure it is the same incident.

But what if the "mistakes" are always Varsity bid competitions?

Then they should sanction them and I bet they learn to count:). They should double check and triple check....I mean it's not that hard to count to 2 or even 4 if that's the amount of paid bids you're giving out.

Was that the same comp that involved Memphis Elite? Or was it another one? Because I'm positive that either UCA did this twice or UCA once and NCA once.[/quot

Maybe Memphis Elite received the bid that was actually supposed to be given to Brandon White, I'm sure they wouldn't of taken a bid away after it was given...the kids would of been crushed, so they just produced another one for Brandon....I do give them credit for admitting a mistake and making all involved happy~

Really need some help from the younger memories here. The first incident was at UCA. The latest incident is with ACA. But there was another one and I can't be sure if it was another one at UCA or if it happened at NCA.

Here's the Ruling Notification in May 2010 where UCA was fined for the bid infraction.

http://usasf.net/members/notifications/

But I thought it happend an additional time.

A big problem besides the $ is the way the schedule is now with certain div having to perform on Fri. Should a team that mistakenly receives a paid bid, be given the money but put in the at large division? Is that performance worthy of skipping a step? If you keep them with the at large category, a team who receives the money in error can still try for a "real" paid bid and the all benefits that come with that.

I coached Senior White when there was an issue at UCA. So I can only speak on that situation. They admitted the mistake but said they had to contact the USASF before they could "give" us the bid. It took a few days for everything to be cleared up but I know in our situation there were steps that had to be taken and approved before we were allowed to be awarded the bid.

I have NO knowledge of this situation so there may be other variables but as far as the UCA situation I can answer any questions!

I'm almost 100% positive that NCA had to do it as well. If not them, then UCA did it twice.

Can anyone remember?
I believe it was NCA in 2008ish I think. I belive world cup cosmix rays were in what was then called Small Senior Coed 5, and they actually have one of the highest scores at NCA and should have received a bid, but they slipped up and didn't notice them. I believe NCA corrected the mistake and awarded them a bid as well.

Ja-Mez
Tribe Chiefs, we comin' fo ya!!

Back