All-Star Cover Up Rule And Awards

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I like the name on the back. Our gym wears tshirt s that are all the same and it has been quite the hassle getting everyone their shirt back after warm ups. I have my kids' names on the inside label, and they still struggle getting their right shirts back.

I'm open to any suggestions on how to mark their shirts, without it showing or getting stuck on unis or in curls!

team mom is OCD about germs and such so she puts them all in individual zip lock baggies that have kids names on them. if i was team mom they would all get thrown into one big bag. :D

as far as messing up the curls, they ordered us boat neck style shirts so they are easy to go over the hair and bow.

team mom is OCD about germs and such so she puts them all in individual zip lock baggies that have kids names on them. if i was team mom they would all get thrown into one big bag. :D

as far as messing up the curls, they ordered us boat neck style shirts so they are easy to go over the hair and bow.
Um definitely saw those bags at American Masters this weekend and was all "whaaaat?"

Our gym has team warm ups and strict rules about what they can wear with their uniform (no uggs, slippers, PJ bottoms, etc) at any point while wearing their uniform. I did go back to the original email sent at the beginning of the season and it does say for awards they should look like how they competed which I assume means uniform (no warm up). But I have noticed a trend that they seem to all wear their warm up jackets to awards as well. I guess this is because they are probably walking around before awards. But I agree that post-award pictures would be nice in their uniforms. This past weekend they had their warm ups on for pictures - probably no one thought about it. I will say I think they always look neat and professional.
ok - so an update on my post - the very next competition - the girls were told to remove warm ups for awards and be in full uniform.

I know when you are not warming up or competing or on stage for awards you are required to be covered up. I am not sure if it is per competition that the rules are different because there are always teams not covering up and getting away with it.

Cp's team was walking back from the open practice last night to their practice room at the top of the escalator and overheard some parents from another gym commenting rather loudly about how they should be covered up and didn't they make a rule about this. I had cp's t shirt in my bag ready for her when she returned. Just so rude. All of our athletes were covered when not actively practicing or competing.

I don't think this rule applies to us up in Canada, though our gym has the expectation that we are in full uniform till the end of awards (we have full tops too, for all of our teams). But the number of kids from other teams running around in half tops with their sleeves off after competing this weekend was ridiculous!! They were essentially wearing boob tube tops which I thought looked really trashy. I'm glad our teams always look classy

I just want to stand on top of a cliff and scream IT'S A GUIDELINE. It's not mandatory, it's highly suggested, and I still can't get over that this was a priority over the other hundreds of things that need fixing (like, ya know, sandbagging and a universal score sheet and WORLDS, among other things).

Well it's clearly not a priority. It doesn't take that much time or effort for them to write this guideline down and it's not being enforced. Coming up with rules for sandbagging, deciding on a Universal Scoresheet, and trying to find a way out of a contract isn't as easy as some people sitting in a room saying "we should make people wear a t-shirt over their crop tops for the image of our sport."

It's the same thing as saying "well why doesn't the government fix the economy before doing X,Y,Z." Because fixing the economy isn't easy, and passing a bill to do some arbitrary thing takes 15 minutes to vote on.

Well it's clearly not a priority. It doesn't take that much time or effort for them to write this guideline down and it's not being enforced. Coming up with rules for sandbagging, deciding on a Universal Scoresheet, and trying to find a way out of a contract isn't as easy as some people sitting in a room saying "we should make people wear a t-shirt over their crop tops for the image of our sport."

It's the same thing as saying "well why doesn't the government fix the economy before doing X,Y,Z." Because fixing the economy isn't easy, and passing a bill to do some arbitrary thing takes 15 minutes to vote on.
I just don't like bandaid fixes, and for such a brouhaha over this 'guideline' I feel like they should at least back it up or make it emphasized that this was a guideline. Is it even really a fix for anything? Does this REALLY change people's perception of what we do? I don't think so..

Back