All-Star Cover Up Rule, For Those That Have Competed This Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I don't like that we have to cover our tops up. My team is having two new uniforms this season and that's a lot of money our parents pay for the top to not be seen but only on the comp floor.
I think the new rule could make some of us think its not ok to walk around with our stomach showing. I live in a swim suit all summer & show way more. Just sayin
Can we uncover to take pictures with friends at the comp? Is that allowed?

I personally love the cover up rule, not only as a coach but also as a retired cheerleader. I look at it this way, when you wake up every morning for work you are excepted to dress professionally. This very same rule applies to the athletes. You are at a competition to do a job. You are not there to flaunt what you've got, unless it's on the mat during the choreographed 2 minutes and 30 seconds.

Many of the responses from others are giving me the "you can't tell me what to do" vibe however maybe if someone from your program told you want to do to begin with the USASF wouldn't have to start a new policy.

I've tried so hard not to comment on this thread, because this topic has been annoying me since the rules came out, but...This. ^^^This this this. I do not understand programs that don't mandate this (and that includes the ones we've been a part of). And I don't really understand the whole "you can't tell me what to do" thing. But I've never understood it in any aspect of life.

Can someone please explain to me why the USASF can't tell you what to do at their event? All sports have this. I don't understand what the big deal is, but my kids have never had an activity that didn't tell them what to wear and when and where to wear it. What other activities/sports are your kids involved in that they can wear whatever they want to their games/competitions/performances? The other activities my kids do have rules that are 10 times stricter than this - I wish they only had to put on a tshirt or a warm-up.

My biggest problem is with parents who are against this. Now I know where the kids in my classes get this idea that no one can tell them what to do (trust me...they're not learning that just certain people can't tell them what to do. It's becoming an everywhere thing. In school? In school, kids are telling the school they can't tell them what to wear. :eek: ). If you don't want to teach your kids that there is a time and a place for everything (like wearing uniforms), then teach them to respect rules that are set forth for them to follow. Kids learn what they see.

I have already put my feelings out on how this "image" campaign is so unnecessary and one sided so I will just say this about the "cover ups".... it cannot be regulated or enforced and is just a big waste of time .... I know it will be put in our competition information sheet and that is the last I will think about it. I will not put this burden on our team parents nor my coaching staff, they already do so much on a competition day..

Not shocking.....

I've tried so hard not to comment on this thread, because this topic has been annoying me since the rules came out, but...This. ^^^This this this. I do not understand programs that don't mandate this (and that includes the ones we've been a part of). And I don't really understand the whole "you can't tell me what to do" thing. But I've never understood it in any aspect of life.

Can someone please explain to me why the USASF can't tell you what to do at their event? All sports have this. I don't understand what the big deal is, but my kids have never had an activity that didn't tell them what to wear and when and where to wear it. What other activities/sports are your kids involved in that they can wear whatever they want to their games/competitions/performances? The other activities my kids do have rules that are 10 times stricter than this - I wish they only had to put on a tshirt or a warm-up.

My biggest problem is with parents who are against this. Now I know where the kids in my classes get this idea that no one can tell them what to do (trust me...they're not learning that just certain people can't tell them what to do. It's becoming an everywhere thing. In school? In school, kids are telling the school they can't tell them what to wear. :eek: ). If you don't want to teach your kids that there is a time and a place for everything (like wearing uniforms), then teach them to respect rules that are set forth for them to follow. Kids learn what they see.
OMG THIS! I am glad you are back on the boards!

One little school evacuation and someone thinks she can just come back here...

Just kidding. You know I love you. :)

One little school evacuation and someone thinks she can just come back here...

Just kidding. You know I love you. :)

Hahahaha got a free day now - nothing else to do except find something to get all riled up about!!!

At our first comp, they said for the first month or two of the season, everyone will just be given warnings for athletes not covered up and several athletes and coaches were approached on this and asked to put a cover up on. But come dec, they said teams will be given deductions. To me I see the point of the rule, but I dont see how they can hand out deductions for it, what is my level 2 athlete competed already, went to awards and stayed to what their sibling on a level 5 team and the level 2 athlete wasnt covered up, who will be given the deduction then? because they arent going to take away your placement, and why should the other team get the penalty if that kid is not in that level? I just dont think it has been thought all the way out yet.

Can I just say I LIVE for you! ;)

Talk about a new Varsity moneymaker- big teams from gym who embraced these rules having coverups/warmups as flashy and nice as their unis! Can you imagine how much money would start rolling in if World Cup or F5 walked in with some glam coverwear? (I chose those two because both gyms have expressed satisfaction with the guidelines/image rules).

World Cup has always had Warm Ups as well as program shirts. World Cup has always had a dress code as well. Nothing new for this gym..

Back